X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • turbokuo
    • Feb 2005

Used 802's or B&W's in general on the West Coast

1) I've been combing Audiogon and Ebay for the last 6 weeks and noticed that all the used 802's (and most B&W's 800 for that matter) are being sold everywhere else in the country except Southern California. With such a weathly (Los Angeles/Orange County/San Diego County) why aren't more people unloading the old 800's and getting the new 800's in SoCal?

2) Also just curious...typically what is the best quarter for speaker sales? The reason is because I'm trying to see which quarter is my best opportunity to pick up a set of used 802's which I think should correlate with people selling their used ones.

3) Finally any tips for me in Southern California in finding 802's...should I be looking at the local newspaper or are there other sites that I'm missing besides the one mentioned above?
  • js24
    • Feb 2005

Aren't they a bunch of wilson Watt/puppy ...heads? :W

Comment

• jteoh1
      • Jan 2005

Beware of some scams of N802s reported on ebay recently.

I thought I saw a guy out of San Diego auctioning a pair of N802s in red cherry on ebay a few weeks back. He would only sell them with local pickup. Not sure if they are sold yet.

Comment

• Jeff
        • Dec 2004

If California is lean on N802 they are rich in amps. In reviewing Audiogone it appears many of the great amps are available in California which may or may not be somewhat a consolation.

Here in the midwest we have an abundance of freezing tempreture.

Comment

• turbokuo
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jeff
          If California is lean on N802 they are rich in amps. In reviewing Audiogone it appears many of the great amps are available in California which may or may not be somewhat a consolation.

Here in the midwest we have an abundance of freezing tempreture.

Jeff, which brands are good for the 802? Something comparable/in the same category as Classe.?

Comment

• Jeff
            • Dec 2004

Turbo, you may have read in one of the other threds I current have a Rotel RB-1080 powering the N802. I currently have in my possession a loaner amp, Proceed Amp 2. It is not as powerful as the Rotel, 125 vs 200 wpc. But when 2 channel listening the Proceed is superior. On movies, the difference is much smaller. I think I could be happy with the Proceed, but knowing myself I would always have the "next step" in mind.

Personally I am leaning towards Mark Levinson or McIntosh. Classe equipment is also great. There are those on this web site who are Bryston fans. I need to make it over to a Bryston dealer (not in my area) to check em out.

Given the prices of new amps from the above mfrs, I will likely turn to the used market and take my chances. I generally don't like the idea making a lot of little steps to ultimately purchase an amp truely worth of the
            802's.

I may pony up and purchase a new one. I, like yourself am evaluating amps
            and the jury is still out.

Comment

• junior77blue
              • Nov 2004

So, what is the used price for Used 802N? $5-6k USD?

Comment

• Jeff
                • Dec 2004

From $5,600 to 6,400 USD.

Comment

• weijst
                  • Jun 2004

There's one on Audiogon for $4900 as we speak (black ash):

If only shipment across the Atlantic wouln't be such a hasl...
                  Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"