X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richnen
    • Jul 2010

Informal San Diego DIY meeting

Hi all

For those in the San Diego area myself and a few others are planning a very informal listening session. The tentative date is Sunday Jan 15th. There is room for 2-3 more to attend. This is very informal, some are bringing DIY speakers others are bringing commercial and DIY amps.

I will be bringing 3 or 4 of the speakers I have made using granite enclosures. For sure I am bringing my Statement Monitors in Black Galaxy, Clearwaves Minuet 5B in Antique Brown, and a new Clearwave design using Accuton drivers and ScanSpeak Beryllium tweeter with a Black Galaxy cabinet and a Burgandy Romano baffle. I may also bring the Idunns made of Titanium granite, this was my first DIY design and likely the weakest design.

Anyone in the area interested in attending please send me a PM. We have limited room so we may not be able to accomodate all interested.

Hope you all had a great new year!
    Seas Idunn
    ZA5.2
    ZA5.3CC
    SB Acoustics 12" sub
    Statement Monitors
    CLD M5B
  • dsrviola
    • Oct 2007

I'd like to hear....AND see....more about those new clearwave speakers you mentioned.

Comment

• richnen
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by dsrviola
      I'd like to hear....AND see....more about those new clearwave speakers you mentioned.
      I will be posting some pictures and listening impressions of the Pietra 7BE as well as the other designs after the event.

The Pietra 7BE is a custom design by Clearwave that is not available as a DIY design. I am anxious to get the opinions of the other attending on the sound of these speakers, they are hands down the best I have heard. Jed did an outstanding job on these using very high end components. :T

Some of the other designs are Zaph BAMTM, Zaph ZMV5, a large WWMTM designed by the host and hopefully a pair of full size Statements.
      Seas Idunn
      ZA5.2
      ZA5.3CC
      SB Acoustics 12" sub
      Statement Monitors
      CLD M5B

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"