how to verify the manufacturing date of nautilus speakers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmt
    • Jan 2005

how to verify the manufacturing date of nautilus speakers?

Hi,

Is there a way to verify the manufacturing date of nautilus speakers? Is there a manufacturing date written on the speakers or can I check the serial numbers in any way or is it somewhere in the manual/documents?
  • weijst
    • Jun 2004

No dates are listed in either the speaker or the manual, only a serial number (one even and one odd number and I seem to remember the manual stating that the even number should allways be higher than the odd number).

But I asked myself that very same question last week, as I was looking for demo Nautili. I collected some serial numbers and purchase-dates in order to setup a graph. What model (finish) are you looking for? Maybe I can help you with the graph I made.

ps: mailed to a B&W rep and he told me that technically is doesn't matter which serial number you have. The models haven't been changed in any manner since their introduction in 1998(?)
    Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Tmt,

B&W will, if emailed, give you the manufacuring date of your speakers if you given them there Model and serial number - they have records for all the Nautilus range...

Geoff

Comment

• junior77blue
        • Nov 2004

I think its more for knowing how old a 'demo' pair is or how long its been sitting on the show room floor. Not necesarrily knowing if updates or changes have been made. I just might email them to find out about my demo 804s.

Comment

• weijst
          • Jun 2004

You could pay www.gute-anlage.de (german site) a visit. Click "second hand", search on "804" and write down the serial numbers and the "in betrieb seit" dates...

Remember though an "in betrieb seit" date will not automatically mean the "manufacturing date". It will however give you a rough idea...

Good luck.

ps: "Farbe" means collour and the displayed pictures do not always resemble the actual collour.
          Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• tmt
            • Jan 2005

weijst,

the serial numbers of my new (old) 802s are 20.000 and a few hundred.
            colour is cherry.
            They left the story in december 2004.

I think they are manufactered pretty recently.

Comment

• kate
              • Jan 2005

My new (second hand nautilus 804) are cherry.
              The serial nrs are:

31279+31280

they are at least two yrs old.

Hope this helps.

Greetings from one happy bunny

kate

Comment

• DanR
                • Dec 2004

Email B&W and they will tell you. Why the concern? The oldest they can be is roughly 8 years and that is nothing to a well cared for speaker. No reason they shouldn't be good for 25-30 years as long as the environment is nuetral.
                :B It's all about the MUSIC!!!

Comment

• junior77blue
                  • Nov 2004

I recall when I replace my woofer on N802, that the date on the driver is the driver build date. I'm not sure how confident this date is to when they speaker was assembled together. Granted, its a lot better than nothing. Depends on how big of a supply of speakers they have on hand. But at least then you know how old it can be.

Comment

• RebelMan
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Steelyfan
                    Do only attempt to open the cabinet if you have some technical experience.
                    B&W technical support will assist the adventurous but timid here.
                    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"