X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

Date of Manufacture

Is there a way to get a date of manufacture from the serial number. I was reading the 200Mhz video thread. And looking up my serial number.

2 things concern me about my 1066 purchase.

1) The inside ROTEL box with the green and white tape had not been opened. However, When I opened the box, the box the 1066 was wrapped in was obviuosly tampered with. I don't know what the that bag lloks like normally, but I would assume that it's wrapped very tight, neat and clean. My unit however was baggy, and there was a tear in the bag where someone had ripped it while removing the tape. I asked the dealer about this yesterday when i picked it up, and he said that it most likely happened at ROTEL, because they are sealed and never opened.

2) My serail number has 2331127099B. This would be before the number mentioned in the 200 Mhz video thread.

An ideas?

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

I just thought of something. I wonder if the unit looked like it was open, because ROTEL did a firmware update before it left their facility. But before it was boxed.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

that would be my guess.

Comment

• Rock Dog
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2003

I had sent a note to Mike Sheehan regarding this issue. (that guy is great, he responds to questions in a timely manner, with great info. ROTEL is going to spoil me with their customer service) Any way...

Mike's response.

Thank you for purchasing Rotel! I apologize for any inconvenience. From the serial # you had listed, this unit is a fairly recent build model, and has the current 200MHz bandwidth component video inputs. We are constantly updating and improving the software available for the RSP 1066, so there is a possibility the unit was upgraded to a newer software version before shipping from the factory.

I feel so much better. Now I can really start to enjoy my gear.

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"