X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beden1
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by wettou
    What is your first language? I can't understand what you are talking about :B
    Omar is from Switzerland . . . Switzerland is locked in the heart of Europe and surrounded by major European countries on all sides. Each country exerts cultural influence on the areas of Switzerland that are close to its borders and nowhere is this more visible than with language in Switzerland. There are four main languages spoken in Switzerland. These languages are German, French, Italian and Romanish.

He's a good guy and has been very helpful to me. Please be kind to one of our audiohaulic brethren!

Comment

• lostinla
      • Dec 2007

Arcam & B&W

I've been reading posts on this site for well over a year now and enjoy it a lot. I figure it's time I post my pictures, now that my installation is pretty much complete.

Speakers: B&W 805s, HTM4s, CCM817. Velodyne SPL800R
      Arcam AV350, DV 139
      Project 9.1 with PS Audio GCPH
      PS3, Wii with Oppo HDMI switch (broke the one in the AVR350 : stiff cables)
      Furman Elite 15 Power Conditioner
      Control4 home controller (one remote!)
      Cable JPS, Kimber, Straightwire etc

The 12ft x 10ft rug with rubber underlay has helped damp the room. We don't find it too bright, despite all the glass.

I'd really like to upgrade to 803s, but that'd mean a bigger amp and I haven't got the space and heat is already an issue. I have extractor fans mounted on the door to the cabinet (back door) and an intake vent in the front under the door. It seems to keep up ... just.

I'm not a fan of the sub in stereo. I can't get it to work without being too noticeable. Also, I find the Kimber 12 cable (bi-amped) helped with the bass. Although the JPS Super Fx I used to use was better, just not long enough for this install ... and too pricey.

I look forward to comments and advice.
      Attached Files

Comment

• beden1
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by lostinla
        I've been reading posts on this site for well over a year now and enjoy it a lot. I figure it's time I post my pictures, now that my installation is pretty much complete.

Arcam AV350, DV 139

The 12ft x 10ft rug with rubber underlay has helped damp the room. We don't find it too bright, despite all the glass.

I'd really like to upgrade to 803s, but that'd mean a bigger amp and I haven't got the space and heat is already an issue. I have extractor fans mounted on the door to the cabinet (back door) and an intake vent in the front under the door. It seems to keep up ... just.

I'm not a fan of the sub in stereo. I can't get it to work without being too noticeable. Also, I find the Kimber 12 cable (bi-amped) helped with the bass. Although the JPS Super Fx I used to use was better, just not long enough for this install ... and too pricey.

Very clean job. :T How did you run your wires? Did you run the wires before a new room build-out?

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by beden1
          Omar is from Switzerland . . . Switzerland is locked in the heart of Europe and surrounded by major European countries on all sides. Each country exerts cultural influence on the areas of Switzerland that are close to its borders and nowhere is this more visible than with language in Switzerland. There are four main languages spoken in Switzerland. These languages are German, French, Italian and Romanish.

He's a good guy and has been very helpful to me. Please be kind to one of our audiohaulic brethren!
          Thanks for the geography lesson, I spent years in Europe he reads more like from the Middle East? I was just wondering? Ever heard about Omar Sharif
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• beden1
            Super Senior Member
            • Oct 2006

Thanks for the geography lesson, I spent years in Europe he reads more like from the Middle East? I was just wondering? Ever heard about Omar Sharif
            I used to be in love with Julie Christie as a kid, particularly in her role with Omar Sharif in Doctor Zhivago! :B

Actually, I thought the languages of Switzerland were only French or German. I was interested to learn there are four dominant languages.

I suspect Omar's native tongue is French?

Comment

• exSG
              • Oct 2008

Hi Marsboer,

You have a nice setup there. would like to ask you a few qns:

1. how does it sound? first time seeing BWs pair up with electro. mostly pair with mcintosh, classe.

2. did you specially cut the marble slabs for the power amps

3. does the subwoofer integrate well with your speakers?

4. what is your mounted height for your tv from the bottom of the screen and how far away do you sit?

cheers.

Comment

• exSG
                • Oct 2008

Arcam AV350, DV 139

Hi

can you pls explain in more detail how your sub work together with the speakers? does it integrate well? what do you think of your velodyne and how much does it cost?

cheers.

Comment

• Briz vegas
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by exSG
                  Hi Marsboer,

1. how does it sound? first time seeing BWs pair up with electro. mostly pair with mcintosh, classe.

4. what is your mounted height for your tv from the bottom of the screen and how far away do you sit?

cheers.
                  The Electrocompaniet Nemo amps were designed for the N801 and Abbey Road Studios. If you buy 800 series in Brisbane you get to know that sort of thing. How do they sound..........like they were made for each other :roll:
                  Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
                  Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• lostinla
                    • Dec 2007

Very clean job. :T How did you run your wires? Did you run the wires before a new room build-out?
                    The attached picture will show. We chopped out a section of plasterboard and core drilled conduit for the cables.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• lostinla
                      • Dec 2007

Hi

can you pls explain in more detail how your sub work together with the speakers? does it integrate well? what do you think of your velodyne and how much does it cost?

cheers.
                      The sub is great for movies and SACD/DVD-A 5.1 music, but for stereo, I prefer not to use it. I think the direct sounds better (i.e. not using the crossover in the receiver). I have tried it with a analogue lead from the pre-out (either FL or FR) and selecting no sub. This worked better in stereo, but I found I was always adjusting the sub volume due to it being too obvious (or vise versa). Maybe it's the room or just my preference.

I borrowed some 804s and the stereo sound in the room was much more impressive, but I'm not sure my amp controlled them that well. The bass and mids seemed out of sequence at times. So I stuck with the 805s. I think full range speakers is the best solution, but I may borrow a JL Fathom sub to see how that works - my dealer has offered.

Comment

• lostinla
                        • Dec 2007

Oh yeah. Cost was about $800-900 USD from memory (bought with other stuff)

Comment

• marsboer
                          • Sep 2007

Hi Marsboer,

cheers.
                          1. The top Electrocompaniet amp were actually made with B&W in mind. It's the best match for B&W I have heard. When I were buying new amps for 802D I compared EC AW180 directly side by side to MC402 from MacIntosh. The EC just sounds more lifelike and organic with much more space and focus in the midrange compared to the MC402 at least. I have never heard a Classé setup on B&W 800-series that doesn't sound boring and lifeless compared to the organic sparkling sound the EC amps have, so thats why I chose EC. I chose the AW400 because I liked it the best. The NEMO (the biggest EC amp) sounds slightly darker compared to AW400, so some people like AW400 (NADA) best and some others like NEMO best. I liked NADA more, and the diffence in wattage (400W vs 600W) doesn't matter for me.

The EC amps are indeed special. I.e Michael Jackson actually gave special credit to EC for their amps in one of his albums.

2. Yep. Custom made and polished.

3. The subwoofer is integrating exeptionally well. It's tighter, faster, much more powerfull and airier than the 805S alone, and it totally destroys the bass I ever got from 802D in the quality department.
                          The sub-integration is always commented when other likeminded listen to my setup, as it is impossible to tell there is a sub playing exept for the exeptional depth and weight in the low end which no normal speaker can do for itself.

4. Mount height about 85 cm from the floor. I sit about 2.20m from the 805S tweeters and about 2.80m from the TV.

Comment

• beden1
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Oct 2006

The attached picture will show. We chopped out a section of plasterboard and core drilled conduit for the cables.
                            Very nice job. :T

Comment

• wettou
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • May 2006

I used to be in love with Julie Christie as a kid, particularly in her role with Omar Sharif in Doctor Zhivago! :B

Actually, I thought the languages of Switzerland were only French or German. I was interested to learn there are four dominant languages.

I suspect Omar's native tongue is French?
                              Here is all you wanted to know:

German: Schweiz, Swiss German: Schwyz or Schwiiz French: Suisse, Italian: Svizzera, Romansh: Svizra)

I think he lives in Switzerland but I think he is from the Middle East Egypt may be? Omar?
                              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• wettou
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • May 2006

Originally posted by marsboer
                                1. The top Electrocompaniet amp were actually made with B&W in mind. It's the best match for B&W I have heard. When I were buying new amps for 802D I compared EC AW180 directly side by side to MC402 from MacIntosh. The EC just sounds more lifelike and organic with much more space and focus in the midrange compared to the MC402 at least. I have never heard a Classé setup on B&W 800-series that doesn't sound boring and lifeless compared to the organic sparkling sound the EC amps have, so thats why I chose EC. I chose the AW400 because I liked it the best. The NEMO (the biggest EC amp) sounds slightly darker compared to AW400, so some people like AW400 (NADA) best and some others like NEMO best. I liked NADA more, and the diffence in wattage (400W vs 600W) doesn't matter for me.

The EC amps are indeed special. I.e Michael Jackson actually gave special credit to EC for their amps in one of his albums.
                                So it is interesting that you prefer the AW400 to the Nemo I am really thinking of getting a pair of Nemo but have heard Electrocompaniet is not very reliable is that true?

Comment

• beden1
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Oct 2006

Here is all you wanted to know:

German: Schweiz, Swiss German: Schwyz or Schwiiz French: Suisse, Italian: Svizzera, Romansh: Svizra)

I think he lives in Switzerland but I think he is from the Middle East Egypt may be? Omar?
                                  Actually, Switzerland looks pretty good. It may be a good place to go if the US keeps flushing itself down the toilet.

I already like their watches, and Omar seems like a decent chap :T

Comment

• wettou
                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                    • May 2006

Actually, Switzerland looks pretty good. It may be a good place to go if the US keeps flushing itself down the toilet. I already like their watches, and Omar seems like a decent chap :T
                                    Been there done that a bit too sterile for me, the Swiss harbored Nazis stolen treasures from Jews and others that they helped send to concentration camps, no thanks
                                    Last edited by wettou; 02 November 2008, 18:34 Sunday.

Comment

• exSG
                                      • Oct 2008

thanks for sharing.

marsboer how do you integrate your sub so well when lostinla find it sticking like a sore thumb?

i have seen many 805s setups in audiogon that have subs accompanying them as well.

Comment

• marsboer
                                        • Sep 2007

So it is interesting that you prefer the AW400 to the Nemo I am really thinking of getting a pair of Nemo but have heard Electrocompaniet is not very reliable is that true?
                                        That's true for the ones built during the last period before EC got bankrupt! (Maybe from 2000-2004)
                                        To cut costs in the end they started to use cheap parts from asia with less than good quality control.

The new owners (after 2004) have redone all the weak-spots with quality components, so reliability is top notch in all departments in components build from 2005 ->

Comment

• marsboer
                                          • Sep 2007

thanks for sharing.

marsboer how do you integrate your sub so well when lostinla find it sticking like a sore thumb?

i have seen many 805s setups in audiogon that have subs accompanying them as well.
                                          Several things:
                                          - Measurements with a serious microphone and computer to find the best spot in the room
                                          - I am using a receiver which has the possibility to get distances (phase) and volume absolute correct.
                                          - Incredible sub (SVS PC-Ultra)
                                          - Personal experience in sub-calibration and listening for sub-problems and also knowing what to look for in the FR-measurements to get good sounding bass.
                                          - And the most important factor: a room that luckily works very good. I never got as good results in my old house, even though it sounded nice it didn't sound perfect!

Comment

• wettou
                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                            • May 2006

Originally posted by marsboer
                                            That's true for the ones built during the last period before EC got bankrupt! (Maybe from 2000-2004) To cut costs in the end they started to use cheap parts from asia with less than good quality control. The new owners (after 2004) have redone all the weak-spots with quality components, so reliability is top notch in all departments in components build from 2005 ->
                                            Interesting that they didn't change the look? How long have you had your Electrocompaniet?

Comment

• audioqueso
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Nov 2004

Been there done that a bit too sterile for me, the Swiss harbored Nazis stolen treasures from Jews and others that they helped send to concentration camps, no thanks
                                              And the US completely annihilated two Japanese cities mostly filled with innocent people. Yet they are both still great countries, are they not? Don't live in a past like too many narrow-minded racist do.
                                              B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • Nov 2004

Sorry, that's changing the thread. Let's get back to the pictures. :T
                                                B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• mjb
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Mar 2005

yeah, there's not enough PICTURES on this page....
                                                  - Mike

Main System:
                                                  B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                                                  Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Ut Pictura
                                                    • Apr 2008

My setup

This is my modest setup. I am a classical music purist - have a large collection of classical music. After years of listening to great music on very ordinary systems, I finally decided to take the plunge, thanks to a good year at the office, and bought Rotel amp and CD Player, followed by B&W speakers and finally, after moving to Berlin, a (fantastic) Magnum Dynalab tuner.

It has been quite an interesting, unusual journey for me - entering the technical world of audiophiles. I always believed that it is the music that counts more than the sound. I think I have changed my mind since those days. My collection is still worth more than my system, so I suppose I still have some sense of proportion!

Anyway, this is my system:
                                                    Rotel RA-03 Amplifier
                                                    Rotel RCD-02 CD Player [modified]
                                                    B&W 603S Speakers
                                                    Magnum Dynalab MD-90 Tuner
                                                    Magnum Dynalab SR-100 Antenna
                                                    Ecosse 'The Conductor' interconnects (for CD player)
                                                    Transparent MusicLink Plus interconnects (for tuner)
                                                    QED Silver Anniversary XT Bi-wire speaker cables

I don't have decent power cables yet - I know I have to change the terrible "kettle plugs". Any (non-expensive) recommendations? Other than that I am finished! Now it is just MUSIC!!

Had a slightly awkward room space to deal with when we moved to Berlin recently. So I built my own cabinet (still needs dark varnish to make it all one colour - excuse unfinished state) - to fit the three components I have. Closed the front to prevent dust but kept back open for cooling and easy access to wires, and included a concealed space under the amp and CD shelf, to house excess wires.

Had to put the cabinet on the side close to the one speaker. There is an interesting effect now: when I sit at my desk, with the speakers slightly behind me to my left and right, a fair amount of the central sound seems to be coming directly out the wall in front of me (between the two windows, behind the desk easel you see there). Talk about soundstaging!

All in all I just LOVE the sound of these B&Ws - whether it is lieder, piano solo, quartets, opera - there is always so much detail to discern and the sound is natural and clean.
                                                    Attached Files
                                                    Last edited by Ut Pictura; 04 November 2008, 14:38 Tuesday.

Comment

• htsteve
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • Sep 2004

lostinla,

Very nice set-up. Clean. You have a nice enough room to put 803's in. As for amp upgrade, that is a good idea. You should consider Rotels class D amps. They are typically only 3 to 4 inches tall and they run quite cool. I had the 7 channel 1077 at one point. It was barely warm, even after putting it through it paces.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Tuddy
                                                        • Jan 2008

My Stuff

Hi Folks,

Pics of my set up.

This site has been most helpful, thanks! :T

Tuddy

804S
                                                        HTM4S
                                                        Rotel RMB-1095
                                                        Pre: Yamaha RX-V1400 (upgrading by year end)
                                                        Polk PSW250 (after some research Velo DD-12 will be replacing Polk Sub)
                                                        PS Audio Quintet
                                                        MIT Interconnects
                                                        Sony SACD/DVD player (Looking to upgrade, this is 5+ years old)
                                                        Verizon FIOS
                                                        Gateway 42" Plasma
                                                        Attached Files

Comment

• artv4
                                                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Tuddy
                                                          Hi Folks,

Pics of my set up.

Tuddy

804S
                                                          HTM4S
                                                          Rotel RMB-1095
                                                          PS Audio Quintet
                                                          MIT Interconnects
                                                          Verizon FIOS
                                                          Gateway 42" Plasma
                                                          very clean setup!!!!!!
                                                          GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• beden1
                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                            • Oct 2006

Hi Folks,

Pics of my set up.

Tuddy

804S
                                                            HTM4S
                                                            Rotel RMB-1095
                                                            PS Audio Quintet
                                                            MIT Interconnects
                                                            Verizon FIOS
                                                            Gateway 42" Plasma
                                                            Nice setup. I particularly like how your cabinet matches your speakers. I can't see the entire portion of the front of your room, and we all have to deal with our room limitations. But, is there room on the other side of your fireplace to move one of your front speakers, and then move your other speaker further away from the cabinet for balance? If possible, this would give you better separation and fill your room more with sound.

One of the issues is that it's tough to hide the wires, but, I see your setup is on an outside wall ... and maybe you can come up with a solution to run the wires to the outside, and then back through the walls where you position the speakers.

Comment

• htsteve
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Sep 2004

Hi Folks,

Pics of my set up.

Tuddy

804S
                                                              HTM4S
                                                              Rotel RMB-1095
                                                              PS Audio Quintet
                                                              MIT Interconnects
                                                              Verizon FIOS
                                                              Gateway 42" Plasma

Tuddy,

Beautiful and clean set-up. Very nice equipment. I had a similar set up a couple of years ago with the Nautilus series.

Also, I love your choice of the DD12. I have the DD18 and it is superior in all it does. The room calibrating tool is excellent. There will be a substantial improvement over the Polk sub.

Here are a couple of things to try and see how they affect your overall sound. Best of all, these do not cost any money.

* Move the 804S's forward about an inch or 1.5 inches. This should open them a little, particularly the mid and uppoer end. Having tower right next to the cabinet tends to compress the sound a little.

* Move the Center channel to the front edge of the cabinet. This should integrate with the towers in presenting a unified soundfiled up front.

* Move the 804S's sideways from the cabinet and inch or so. Same issue as the first idea. Give them a little room to breath.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Tuddy
                                                                • Jan 2008

But, is there room on the other side of your fireplace to move one of your front speakers, and then move your other speaker further away from the cabinet for balance? If possible, this would give you better separation and fill your room more with sound.

One of the issues is that it's tough to hide the wires, but, I see your setup is on an outside wall ... and maybe you can come up with a solution to run the wires to the outside, and then back through the walls where you position the speakers.
                                                                Thanks for the feedback & suggestions, beden1.

Unfortunately, as you can see from this pic that offers a view of the other side of the fireplace there is a door that opens directly to the "conservatory" (really my 6 & 3 year olds' toy room).

In about 2 years though I will move all my gear in to this room, but the kids need the space at the moment. 804S will become the rears as I will upgrade mains to 803D's at that time
                                                                Attached Files

Comment

• Tuddy
                                                                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by htsteve
                                                                  Tuddy,

Beautiful and clean set-up. Very nice equipment. I had a similar set up a couple of years ago with the Nautilus series.

Also, I love your choice of the DD12. I have the DD18 and it is superior in all it does. The room calibrating tool is excellent. There will be a substantial improvement over the Polk sub.

Here are a couple of things to try and see how they affect your overall sound. Best of all, these do not cost any money.

* Move the 804S's forward about an inch or 1.5 inches. This should open them a little, particularly the mid and uppoer end. Having tower right next to the cabinet tends to compress the sound a little.

* Move the Center channel to the front edge of the cabinet. This should integrate with the towers in presenting a unified soundfiled up front.

* Move the 804S's sideways from the cabinet and inch or so. Same issue as the first idea. Give them a little room to breath.

Hope this helps.
                                                                  htsteve-thanks for the compliments. I can't wait for the Velo to arrive!

beden1 made similiar suggestions and I will tinker when I get home
                                                                  Great idea on the center & I can move the mains FWD & sideways.

Comment

• beden1
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Oct 2006

Thanks for the feedback & suggestions, beden1.

Unfortunately, as you can see from this pic that offers a view of the other side of the fireplace there is a door that opens directly to the "conservatory" (really my 6 & 3 year olds' toy room).

In about 2 years though I will move all my gear in to this room, but the kids need the space at the moment. 804S will become the rears as I will upgrade mains to 803D's at that time
                                                                    I can see that you've done the best you can do, while also keeping the speakers out of harms way with your kids playing. But, I know I enjoy my kids (now college kids) much more than my stereo, so the sacrifice is worth it! :T

Comment

• lostinla
                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by htsteve
                                                                      lostinla,

Very nice set-up. Clean. You have a nice enough room to put 803's in. As for amp upgrade, that is a good idea. You should consider Rotels class D amps. They are typically only 3 to 4 inches tall and they run quite cool. I had the 7 channel 1077 at one point. It was barely warm, even after putting it through it paces.

Hope this helps.
                                                                      Thanks htsteve, I'll probably not be in the upgrade mode as soon as I wish, but when I do, I'll defintely be checking out amps from Rotel, Bryston etc. I like that you say it runs cool.

Comment

• jericho
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Dec 2004

Hi Tuddy, very nice setup

Comment

• style
                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                          • Feb 2006
                                                                          • 1562

@jericho,

Voor mij het rack is erg mooi, lekker :T

groeten Omar

Comment

• Relentless
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Jul 2007
                                                                            • 317

The EVO mono twin's daddy is finally home.
                                                                            I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
                                                                            Lou

Comment

• cntlaw
                                                                              Member
                                                                              • Mar 2008
                                                                              • 80

Originally posted by Relentless
                                                                              The EVO mono twin's daddy is finally home
                                                                              I wish I have a Krell (FBI) :T

B&W 803S / MF KW-550 /MF A1008 CDP
                                                                              Transparent Power Link MM
                                                                              CSE RK-100 Power Conditioner / Powersnake Taipan Helix Vx / Arcolink 4030 2m
                                                                              AudioNote ANvX Mark II RCA / XLO Limited Edition Mk II RCA
                                                                              TAOC PTS-F Spike Plates for 803S / SolidSteel Audio Tables: 6.2x2+1xTable-B / Lynn Skeet Spike Plates for Racks

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • Jan 2006
                                                                                • 1098

Originally posted by Relentless
                                                                                The EVO mono twin's daddy is finally home.
                                                                                That ... is the mother of all processors. :T

I hope that the EVO 707 is giving you fine performance.

Comment

• Relentless
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Jul 2007
                                                                                  • 317

Originally posted by ShadowZA
                                                                                  That ... is the mother of all processors. :T

I hope that the EVO 707 is giving you fine performance.
                                                                                  It is the best combo of 2ch and HT I have had the pleasure of listening too. It isn't even complete yet, I am waiting on the DSP chips so I can have the 707 do the decoding instead of an entry level BD player. I have to say it is incredible now the way it is and I am looking forward to what the upgrade brings to the table.

A pic of its guts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	707inside2.webp
Views:	40
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	948939
                                                                                  Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 14:38 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location
                                                                                  I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
                                                                                  Lou

Comment

• atchudy
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Nov 2007
                                                                                    • 135

marsboer, the finish on your speakers looks less glossy, and shows alot more of the wood grain then my 805's did. Did they change something?

Comment

• marsboer
                                                                                      Member
                                                                                      • Sep 2007
                                                                                      • 37

Originally posted by atchudy
                                                                                      marsboer, the finish on your speakers looks less glossy, and shows alot more of the wood grain then my 805's did. Did they change something?
                                                                                      I don't know. Mine are about two years old I think. My previous (1.5 year old) set of 802D looked exactly the same finish wise.

Comment

• atchudy
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Nov 2007
                                                                                        • 135

Here is my current setup, after upgrading from 805 to 803. I know I will need to improve the sources and amp further down the line. I also think there is some acoustic treatments to be done, although i am pretty limited in a Baltimore Row Home.

Equipment:
                                                                                        B&W N803 connected with Canare 4S11
                                                                                        Sony STR-DA777ES
                                                                                        XBOX 360
                                                                                        Yamaha P850 Turntable

**if anyone could tell me how to rotate the images, i would be appreciated**

Comment

• pichonCalavera
                                                                                          Junior Member
                                                                                          • Apr 2008
                                                                                          • 12

Originally posted by atchudy
                                                                                          Here is my current setup, after upgrading from 805 to 803. I know I will need to improve the sources and amp further down the line. I also think there is some acoustic treatments to be done, although i am pretty limited in a Baltimore Row Home.

Equipment:
                                                                                          B&W N803 connected with Canare 4S11
                                                                                          Sony STR-DA777ES
                                                                                          XBOX 360
                                                                                          Yamaha P850 Turntable

**if anyone could tell me how to rotate the images, i would be appreciated**
                                                                                          Nice touch, with the Stop sign :T .

Altought I wonder, what's with the second CRT TV by the side?

Comment

• atchudy
                                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                                            • Nov 2007
                                                                                            • 135

Its used to play XBOX while watching Football.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"