• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

Hi mjb,

I agree with you at 200%.

with a High end product this "game" is like a "Russian roulette"....

if the 2 cables if the two wires touching a short circuit and ... send the power ampli to repair ......

Style

Comment

• 1oldguy
      • Dec 2008

------Moved.
      A Man should never Gamble more than he can stand to loose.

Comment

• vernonl
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by mjb
        What's with the dangling wires? That looks like an accident waiting to happen :E You should remove them by loosening the posts and pulling the spades out.
        Shows you what I know. I didn't even know they came out.

Will do that immediately. Thanks for the contructive criticism. :T I'm still learning here which is why I keep coming back!

Comment

• Kate-br
          • May 2009

Hello!

Well... Needless to say that I am new to the forum, and I have a B&W set, comprised of:

- B&W 705
          - B&W HTM7
          - B&W LM-1

Powered by:

- Rotel RB-1080 for fronts
          - Rotel RB-993 for center and surrounds

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01214-1.webp
Views:	54
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	949009

I know it is a photo thread only.. but I would like to ask you a question...

Will it be OK to have the HTM7 on top of the TV? I already bought the shelf (custom made) for it.

Also, please forgive me the old photo, I already have the 705 on proper stands!

Thank you!

PS: I am so embarrassed for posting my meek setup compared to the ones I've seen here...
          Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 17:41 Tuesday. Reason: Update imave location
          In love with Rotel and B&W

Comment

• Nolan B
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2005

you are being silly saying you are embarrassed posting pictures of your 705s! How do you think you are make the rest of us feel who don't have speakers as good as yours?

Why do you have napkins on your speakers though ?

Comment

• Relentless
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Kate-br

Will it be OK to have the HTM7 on top of the TV? I already bought the shelf (custom made) for it.
              You can put the center over the TV and point it down towards the listening position. Generally the center blends best with the mains if the tweeters are close in height.
              I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
              Lou

Comment

• Kate-br
                • May 2009

Originally posted by Vancouver
                you are being silly saying you are embarrassed posting pictures of your 705s! How do you think you are make the rest of us feel who don't have speakers as good as yours?

Why do you have napkins on your speakers though ?
                LOL

just to avoid dust... those are small hand towels...

Thank you for the compliment, but I´ve seem people with 800s and McIntosh and krells... and I kinda felt bad...

Comment

• Kate-br
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by Relentless
                  You can put the center over the TV and point it down towards the listening position. Generally the center blends best with the mains if the tweeters are close in height.

hmm I see..

I cannot do that!... the speaker (in my case) should either go above or below de TV.

With the new stands, the tweeter are near the center of the TV (in height), so I was trying to discover the best placement before hiring someone to drill holes in the wall.

Thank you ... It is nice, never thought of pointing it down!

Comment

• htsteve
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Relentless
                    Generally the center blends best with the mains if the tweeters are close in height.

Kate-br,

I agree with this. I've had the center above and below my TV's over the years. In my experience, it sounds best under the TV and in as open environment as possible. Your's is in a pretty good position right now.

If you can raise the center channel just a bit, I think you can get the tweeter height just about even with the 705's, and still under the TV. Also, try moving the center channel forward just a bit. I had a similar set up before and moving the spekaers out of the 'box' they were in help to make the sound more open. The same can apply to the 705's Moving them forward an inch or two might make a good improvement.

Just some thoughts. You may have already done this since you now have stands for the 705's.

Hope this helps

PS You have a very nice system. Welcome to the forum.
                    Last edited by htsteve; 25 May 2009, 16:57 Monday.

Comment

• Ken49r
                      • Dec 2007

hmm I see..

I cannot do that!... the speaker (in my case) should either go above or below de TV.

With the new stands, the tweeter are near the center of the TV (in height), so I was trying to discover the best placement before hiring someone to drill holes in the wall.

Thank you ... It is nice, never thought of pointing it down!

Hi Kate-br,

With this stand you could keep your Center where it sits now and aim the tweeter to reach the same height as your L/R tweeters when seated in the sweet spot.

No drilling required.

Attached Files

Comment

• sunshdw
                        • Sep 2008

LOL

just to avoid dust... those are small hand towels...

Thank you for the compliment, but I´ve seem people with 800s and McIntosh and krells... and I kinda felt bad...

Well if it makes you feel better I posted my system and I have the 600 series. As long as you are happy with your set up then you shouldn't feel bad posting :T
                        Magnepan,ARC,VTL,Transparent Audio ;x(

"The term "audiophile" means essentially nothing -- it's a self-anointed status that entails no credentials, qualifications or certifications. It means "hobbyist," nothing more, and anyone can lay claim to it. Ironically, I've come to recognize that "audiophiles" represent a group that will believe almost anything"

Comment

• audioqueso
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Nov 2004

Hello!

Well... Needless to say that I am new to the forum, and I have a B&W set, comprised of:

- B&W 705
                          - B&W HTM7
                          - B&W LM-1

Powered by:

- Rotel RB-1080 for fronts
                          - Rotel RB-993 for center and surrounds

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01214-1.webp Views:	0 Size:	25.9 KB ID:	949009

Also, please forgive me the old photo, I already have the 705 on proper stands!

Thank you!

PS: I am so embarrassed for posting my meek setup compared to the ones I've seen here...
                          Nice setup! The "napkins" are funny, but smart. What is that component on the left with the blue lights?
                          Can't wait to see new pictures with the stands.
                          Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 17:41 Tuesday. Reason: Update quote
                          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Briz vegas
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Mar 2005

I may need to employ some napkins to discourage my boys from using my 705s as a platform before jumping onto the couch. Its a new trend that has just started.

Its a wonder I still have two cats after my Frey cable ended up like this (below). Each run of this stuff is worth the same as a HTM7. Amazingly there are no breaks so it just looks bad. It is now better protected and no moggies were hurt as a result, they were just yelled at a bit and my neighbours probably think I swear alot........ over and over and over again.

Can't blame the cat. He is under 12 months so I should have anticipated his curiosity and hidden the wires
                            Attached Files
                            Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
                            Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Kate-br
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by audioqueso
                              Nice setup! The "napkins" are funny, but smart. What is that component on the left with the blue lights?
                              Can't wait to see new pictures with the stands.
                              That component is a Panamax 5300EX, old one.. I want to upgrade that to the 5400PM which has voltage regulation...

THat is the best way I found to protect my babies!

Comment

• gross30
                                • Jun 2005

Kate-br, great set-up, and do not feel bad about your system, we all started somewhere, and believe me, it will be an enjoyment on your road to building "your" system, regardless of what it is compiled of. Happy listening.... :T

Comment

• Kate-br
                                  • May 2009

Originally posted by Briz vegas
                                  I may need to employ some napkins to discourage my boys from using my 705s as a platform before jumping onto the couch. Its a new trend that has just started.

Its a wonder I still have two cats after my Frey cable ended up like this (below). Each run of this stuff is worth the same as a HTM7. Amazingly there are no breaks so it just looks bad. It is now better protected and no moggies were hurt as a result, they were just yelled at a bit and my neighbours probably think I swear alot........ over and over and over again.

Can't blame the cat. He is under 12 months so I should have anticipated his curiosity and hidden the wires
                                  Well I used to have a beagle... You know.. Beagles are very docile and love small apartments, and they are very quiet and calm, and barely eat things... LOL... :roll:

Then when i moved i decided to leave the Beagle with my parents, they have a big house with lots of space....

I dont think animals and hi-fi hi-end gear goes along too well.

Comment

• mvdveek
                                    • Mar 2009

Im so happy my dogs leave all my cables alone. Not one bite.. so far.. *crosses his fingers*

Comment

• Briz vegas
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Mar 2005

Maybe, but I bought my first hifi in 1985 and my first Siamese in 1988 without any problems. Been a big fan of both since then.

Try and get the average dog to play fetch with a bulldog clip (referring to the cat, my Conrad Johnson just looks the other way and ignores me when I throw it something).
                                      Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)

Comment

• vernonl
                                        • Jan 2009

I've got two Rotties who love to start up playing in front of my setup. My heart stops when they do 8O Of course, I discourage it but it's like somebody flips a switch and I hardly have time to react.

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                                          • May 2008

Well I used to have a beagle... You know.. Beagles are very docile and love small apartments, and they are very quiet and calm, and barely eat things... LOL... :roll:

Then when i moved i decided to leave the Beagle with my parents, they have a big house with lots of space....

That's funny, we have 2 Beagles, they know better than to go near that Hifi stuff...though i have seen one of them think about hiding a bone behind a speaker!

Image not available
                                          Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 17:42 Tuesday. Reason: Remove broken image link
                                          Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• mjb
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Mar 2005

His masters voice!
                                            - Mike

Main System:
                                            B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                                            Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• wettou
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • May 2006

Originally posted by mjb
                                              His masters voice!
                                              This is turning into a dog thread!!!!! I have cows, horses, chickens and rabbits should I post these as well!!!!!

B&W pictures please
                                              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• indiebands
                                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by wettou
                                                This is turning into a dog thread!!!!! I have cows, horses, chickens and rabbits should I post these as well!!!!!

B&W pictures please
                                                ROFL - good point. Hazards are an appropriate topic of discussion on this forum, but perhaps not on the eye candy thread...

Cute doggies though.

Comment

• btf1980
                                                  • Aug 2007

Took a few snaps, I think I got carried away here....lol.

Display
                                                  Pioneer Kuro 5010FD

Speakers
                                                  Bowers & Wilkins CM9 (Fronts)
                                                  Bowers & Wilkins CMC2 (Center)
                                                  Bowers & Wilkins CM1 (Rears)
                                                  JL Audio Fathom f112 (Subwoofer)

Headphones
                                                  Grado GS 1000i
                                                  Sennheiser HD650

Power/Amplification
                                                  Marantz AV8003 Pre/Pro
                                                  Marantz MM8003 Amp
                                                  PS Audio GCPH (Phonostage)
                                                  PS Audio GCHA (Headphone Amp)

Sources
                                                  Pro-Ject RM 6.1 SB Turntable w/ Sumiko Blue Point Special EVO III
                                                  Marantz SA-15 Reference SACD Player
                                                  Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray Player (Doubles as Multi-channel SACD and DVD-A player)
                                                  60GB PS3
                                                  Halo 3 Ed. Xbox 360,
                                                  Tivo HD

Power Conditioner
                                                  Richard Gray RGPC 400 Pro

Controller
                                                  Logitech Harmony 1100

Racks/Stands
                                                  BDI Deploy
                                                  Solid Tech Rack of Silence (Reference)
                                                  Butcher's Block (For turntable isolation)

Name:	DSC_0013-7.webp
Views:	52
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	949010

Name:	DSC_0015-5.webp
Views:	52
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	949011

Name:	DSC_0016-5.webp
Views:	51
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	949012

Name:	DSC_0020-3.webp
Views:	56
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	949013

Name:	DSC_0006-10.webp
Views:	53
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	949014

Name:	DSC_0003-15.webp
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	949015

Name:	DSC_0008-11.webp
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	949016

Name:	DSC_0010-7.webp
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	949017

Name:	DSC_0005-13.webp
Views:	49
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	949018

Name:	DSC_0006-11.webp
Views:	56
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	949019

Name:	DSC_0015-4.webp
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	949020

Name:	DSC_0009-8.webp
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	949021

Name:	DSC_0017-6.webp
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	949022

Name:	DSC_0021-3.webp
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	949023

Name:	DSC_0019-4.webp
Views:	48
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	949024

Name:	DSC_0007-11.webp
Views:	48
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	949025

Name:	DSC_0033.webp
Views:	47
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	949026
                                                  Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 17:48 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location
                                                  A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                                                    • May 2008

Great pics...your ProJect TT looks beefy with the butcher block! How are the CM9s??
                                                    Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• mal01
                                                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by btf1980

Display
                                                      Pioneer Kuro 5010FD

Speakers

Headphones
                                                      Grado GS 1000i
                                                      Sennheiser HD650

Power/Amplification
                                                      Marantz AV8003 Pre/Pro
                                                      Marantz MM8003 Amp

Sources
                                                      60GB PS3
                                                      Halo 3 Ed. Xbox 360,
                                                      Tivo HD

Power Conditioner

Controller
                                                      Logitech Harmony 1100

Racks/Stands
                                                      BDI Deploy

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0013-7.webp Views:	0 Size:	29.0 KB ID:	949010

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0015-5.webp Views:	0 Size:	32.2 KB ID:	949011

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0016-5.webp Views:	0 Size:	34.4 KB ID:	949012

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0020-3.webp Views:	0 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	949013

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0006-10.webp Views:	0 Size:	19.9 KB ID:	949014

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0003-15.webp Views:	0 Size:	26.7 KB ID:	949015

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0008-11.webp Views:	0 Size:	57.1 KB ID:	949016

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0010-7.webp Views:	0 Size:	56.0 KB ID:	949017

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0005-13.webp Views:	0 Size:	19.6 KB ID:	949018

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0006-11.webp Views:	0 Size:	21.4 KB ID:	949019

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0015-4.webp Views:	0 Size:	34.1 KB ID:	949020

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0009-8.webp Views:	0 Size:	43.6 KB ID:	949021

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0017-6.webp Views:	0 Size:	13.9 KB ID:	949022

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0021-3.webp Views:	0 Size:	30.4 KB ID:	949023

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0019-4.webp Views:	0 Size:	41.2 KB ID:	949024

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0007-11.webp Views:	0 Size:	20.2 KB ID:	949025

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0033.webp Views:	0 Size:	12.0 KB ID:	949026
                                                      btf
                                                      How does one go about getting one of those TT`s?
                                                      Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 17:49 Tuesday. Reason: Update quote

Comment

• mal01
                                                        • Apr 2009

Display
                                                        Pioneer Kuro 5010FD

Speakers

Headphones
                                                        Grado GS 1000i
                                                        Sennheiser HD650

Power/Amplification
                                                        Marantz AV8003 Pre/Pro
                                                        Marantz MM8003 Amp

Sources
                                                        60GB PS3
                                                        Halo 3 Ed. Xbox 360,
                                                        Tivo HD

Power Conditioner

Controller
                                                        Logitech Harmony 1100

Racks/Stands
                                                        BDI Deploy

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0013-7.webp Views:	0 Size:	29.0 KB ID:	949010

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0015-5.webp Views:	0 Size:	32.2 KB ID:	949011

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0016-5.webp Views:	0 Size:	34.4 KB ID:	949012

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0020-3.webp Views:	0 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	949013

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0006-10.webp Views:	0 Size:	19.9 KB ID:	949014

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0003-15.webp Views:	0 Size:	26.7 KB ID:	949015

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0008-11.webp Views:	0 Size:	57.1 KB ID:	949016

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0010-7.webp Views:	0 Size:	56.0 KB ID:	949017

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0005-13.webp Views:	0 Size:	19.6 KB ID:	949018

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0006-11.webp Views:	0 Size:	21.4 KB ID:	949019

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0015-4.webp Views:	0 Size:	34.1 KB ID:	949020

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0009-8.webp Views:	0 Size:	43.6 KB ID:	949021

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0017-6.webp Views:	0 Size:	13.9 KB ID:	949022

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0021-3.webp Views:	0 Size:	30.4 KB ID:	949023

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0019-4.webp Views:	0 Size:	41.2 KB ID:	949024

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0007-11.webp Views:	0 Size:	20.2 KB ID:	949025

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0033.webp Views:	0 Size:	12.0 KB ID:	949026

By the way, your gear is the shiz
                                                        Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 17:50 Tuesday. Reason: Update quote

Comment

• Mig17
                                                          • Jan 2008

Oh glamour Btf90

Comment

• Ken49r
                                                            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by mal01
                                                            By the way, your gear is the shiz
                                                            And dust free too. Nice!

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Nov 2004

BTF1980,

Your setup looks gorgeous!! Very very nice!
                                                              B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                • Jan 2006

Absolutely superb, btf1980!
                                                                :T

Comment

• mvdveek
                                                                  • Mar 2009

Very nice looking setup BTF1980.

Comment

• style
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Feb 2006

Very great set combination :T

The new CM9 are really so better vs. the CM7? ??

The rack Solidteck is very amazing.... "sold", no dimension from the ampli problems good chioce.

in thr pas tyou had project in place from ps audio for turntable and headphone, is correct? ps audio is better?

your Marantz MM8003 is connect at the RG400? if yes is not a dynamic losses?
                                                                    MM8003 is bi.amp. or the front or you utilise the brigde possibility from this power ampli?
                                                                    your room is 25-30m2?? or biggersmaler?

the sound from the Rotel 1075 was very different vs. the ^Marantz?

Sorry for much question.. ops:
                                                                    thx Style

Comment

• btf1980
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by KahunaCanuck
                                                                      Great pics...your ProJect TT looks beefy with the butcher block! How are the CM9s??
                                                                      The CM9s are great, no complaints from me at all.

mal01 - you didn't have to quote my post twice, I posted enough pics as is. :lol:

You can get the turntable from any Pro-ject or Sumiko dealer.

Comment

• btf1980
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by style
                                                                        Very great set combination :T

The new CM9 are really so better vs. the CM7? ??

The rack Solidteck is very amazing.... "sold", no dimension from the ampli problems good chioce.

in thr pas tyou had project in place from ps audio for turntable and headphone, is correct? ps audio is better?

your Marantz MM8003 is connect at the RG400? if yes is not a dynamic losses?
                                                                        MM8003 is bi.amp. or the front or you utilise the brigde possibility from this power ampli?
                                                                        your room is 25-30m2?? or biggersmaler?

the sound from the Rotel 1075 was very different vs. the ^Marantz?

Sorry for much question.. ops:
                                                                        thx Style
                                                                        The CM9 is better than the CM7, much better bass extension. Essentially, it is a fuller bodied CM7.

The solidtech rack is open, so everything breathes, and barely gets warm.

The MM8003 is connected to a wall outlet directly. I bi-amped the front three speakers. Dimensions of the room are 13 x 24 x 11.

The PS Audio phonostage is connected via XLR to the MM8003. The Headphone amp is connected directly to my digital sources. I listen to music late at night a lot.

I had both the Rotel and marantz, and I can say that the difference is subtle, but it is there. The marantz is more dynamic, perhaps it is because of better synergy with the prepro, or perhaps it is because i'm using all balanced connections now between the amp to the prepro.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! :T

Comment

• mal01
                                                                          Member
                                                                          • Apr 2009

The CM9s are great, no complaints from me at all.

mal01 - you didn't have to quote my post twice, I posted enough pics as is. :lol:

You can get the turntable from any Pro-ject or Sumiko dealer.
                                                                          Ah come on, once just wasn`t enough. I don`t want to open a can of dudu here but, does a tt sound better than a comprable cd player? I`d say its been since the early 80`s since i have had a turn table and don`t have a clue about vinyl anymore!

Comment

• Ken49r
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Dec 2007
                                                                            • 312

Originally posted by mal01
                                                                            Ah come on, once just wasn`t enough. I don`t want to open a can of dudu here but, does a tt sound better than a comprable cd player? I`d say its been since the early 80`s since i have had a turn table and don`t have a clue about vinyl anymore!
                                                                            I think the safest way to answer that is as you know "different format, different sound".

Kate-br started a thread Cd - Sacd - Vinyl that is pretty active right now. You might want to check it out.

Comment

• azsyno
                                                                              Member
                                                                              • Oct 2005
                                                                              • 50

My Set-Up: Vers. 3.0

Just moved up to 802 D's with my previous 703's as surrounds. Signature SunFire and a ASW750 for subs... Gotta say, it's a sweet thing. Added a Rotel 1080 to the mix to ensure adequate power. Now using single Rotel 1080's per front and the Yamaha for the surrounds and subs.

Life is good.

Comment

• legion1capone
                                                                                Member
                                                                                • Oct 2008
                                                                                • 42

This is what I've got so far. Not bad for only being 21. This isn't in the best listening environment as it's in my bedroom, but it works. I would have my TT and tube cd player by now if it wasn't for loosing my job.

Panasonic 42" plasma tv
                                                                                B&W 705 speakers
                                                                                Jolida 302b tube amplifier
                                                                                Audioquest cables
                                                                                PS3 and Xbox 360+HD drive
                                                                                The row of movies you see is all blueray, HD movies, and some games. I have a couple hundred movies and cd's obviously not in the photo's.

Comment

• Briz vegas
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Mar 2005
                                                                                  • 1199

I think those are the first black 705s that I have seen.

When I was 21 I had a new pair of Mordaunt Short MS30s. I replaced them with 705s just under 20 years later. You get more bang for your buck these days although I was happy with my MS30s with no upgraditis until shortly before i decided to go for the 705s.

Bummer about the job. Hope something comes your way soon.

Comment

• wettou
                                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                    • May 2006
                                                                                    • 3389

Originally posted by azsyno
                                                                                    Just moved up to 802 D's with my previous 703's as surrounds. Signature SunFire and a ASW750 for subs... Gotta say, it's a sweet thing. Added a Rotel 1080 to the mix to ensure adequate power. Now using single Rotel 1080's per front and the Yamaha for the surrounds and subs.

Life is good.

Congratulations, you might want to move them closer together you will get better imaging :T

Also cover that glass thick curtains work very well
                                                                                    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Hidefbob
                                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                                      • Jun 2009
                                                                                      • 6

I just upgraded my 805s to 802d and need to take some new pics.

I am looking into better amplification and a home theater by-pass prepro for the 802d's any suggestions would be welcome

Bob

Comment

• htsteve
                                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                                        • Sep 2004
                                                                                        • 1216

Bob,

Nice room. Great view outside. What are your electronics now? I will tell you that the more current you throw at 802D's the better they perform. Also, what level of budget are you considering?
                                                                                        Last edited by htsteve; 05 June 2009, 07:34 Friday.

Comment

• d52232dole
                                                                                          Member
                                                                                          • May 2009
                                                                                          • 34

I'm learning how pre/pro works and still wandering. So far, it looks pretty much like a Receiver in terms of functionalities?

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                                            • Sep 2005
                                                                                            • 1792

Originally posted by d52232dole
                                                                                            I'm learning how pre/pro works and still wandering. So far, it looks pretty much like a Receiver in terms of functionalities?

A processor works the same as a receiver, but generally speaking a separate a processor and amplifier will sound better because of not having everything in one box.

When it comes to "high end" your only choice is to have separates. Once in the high end it makes upgrading easier since you do not have to change the amp if you just want to change the processor. In addition you do not have the ability to get high powered receivers. When it comes to separates the power of amps is almost limitless.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"