X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scanido
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Gump
    Thank you Shadow.

The 803D's are 24inches(2ft) forward from the front wall and 42inches(3 1/2ft) from the side walls. This seems to give me the best soundstage and imaging.

Man, this hobby brings out the nitpicky side of me!
    I agree totally!

I too take it as far as measuring the distance around my speakers. Everything needs to be precisely spaced and symmetrical for each speaker!

BTW - Awesome setup!! I'm planning to do quite the same with my "S" series speakers. How do you like the MC205 on your diamonds?

Comment

• Gump
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by RebelMan
      Beautiful setup Gump. :T

The mood lights add to the ambiance of the room and atmosphere. I can't imagine too much time is spent out of the room! :B
      Thanks James!

Yes, it's a popular room alright...gathered around viewing the newly revised 101 Dalamations movie as we speak. They did a pretty good job on the surround sound actually.

I still scratch my head and think I'm dreaming when I think about the level of system I ended up with. Some of which was accomplished due to advice and encouragement from you which I appreciate.

I do enjoy the ambient lighting and it is on my "to do" list to toss in a dimmer switch for it which will enhance the "feel" even more. :B

Take care,

Neil

Comment

• Gump
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by scanido
        I agree totally!

I too take it as far as measuring the distance around my speakers. Everything needs to be precisely spaced and symmetrical for each speaker!

BTW - Awesome setup!! I'm planning to do quite the same with my "S" series speakers. How do you like the MC205 on your diamonds?

Thanks Scanido!

The MC-205 is a great amp. It looks cool front, top, and back and is built like a sophisticated 21st century tank. The combo with the 803D's is velvety smooth and very musical. It has tremendous headroom which allows me to crank the volume up for lengthy listening periods without any listener fatigue or distortion/harshness. :T

Comment

• Race Car Driver
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Well tonight my ASW 855 showed up
          Thanks to Dan87951 to hangin on to it for me and working with my friend who picked it up as he visited his parents in MI.

I added the SCM-1 surrounds last month and the sub completed my 5.1 B&W system. The only thing I may do is swap out the black SCM-1s for a cherry set but its not a priority. Is my system absolutely overboard for my small room? Yep, and I love every bit of it! 8)

Next up, pick up a 5 ch or a few mono amps, and get around to building some acoustic panels as soon as the snow melts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.webp
Views:	60
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	948894

Name:	95.webp
Views:	56
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	948895

Name:	6.webp
Views:	57
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	948896

Name:	8.webp
Views:	55
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	948897

Name:	93.webp
Views:	59
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	948898

Name:	7.webp
Views:	55
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	948899
          Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 05:16 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location
          B&W

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Chris, you have a great setup! Sure, I still hate your luck, but great room! What kind of AV rack is that?

One thing I REALLY don't get about you. Just two months ago you sold your amp and said you were surprised and content with the receiver. Now you're looking for an amp again? ha ha That's funny Chris.
            B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Race Car Driver
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by audioqueso
              Chris, you have a great setup! Sure, I still hate your luck, but great room! What kind of AV rack is that?

One thing I REALLY don't get about you. Just two months ago you sold your amp and said you were surprised and content with the receiver. Now you're looking for an amp again? ha ha That's funny Chris.
              Thanks! Its a salamander rack. I like it alot, they are spendy but I got a great deal through work. I have had it for some time, I just took the top half off and moved the bottom half to the front corner of the room.

I am content with the receiver. It will hold me over for quite some time I am sure. HDMI switching etc, works for me.

What I have been kicking around is a 300 x 5 Krell HT amp, I am sure that would suit me just fine. The room is so small and getting rid of my 3 other amps really simplified things and I like it. :T

Currently enjoying Black Hawk Down on BR. I didn't want to open it until the sub showed up. 8)
              Last edited by Race Car Driver; 10 March 2008, 05:45 Monday.
              B&W

Comment

• dan87951
                • Nov 2005

God I hate you!

That's some setup!

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
                Well tonight my ASW 855 showed up
                Thanks to Dan87951 to hangin on to it for me and working with my friend who picked it up as he visited his parents in MI.

I added the SCM-1 surrounds last month and the sub completed my 5.1 B&W system. The only thing I may do is swap out the black SCM-1s for a cherry set but its not a priority. Is my system absolutely overboard for my small room? Yep, and I love every bit of it! 8)

Next up, pick up a 5 ch or a few mono amps, and get around to building some acoustic panels as soon as the snow melts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.webp Views:	0 Size:	24.0 KB ID:	948894

Click image for larger version  Name:	95.webp Views:	0 Size:	16.5 KB ID:	948895

Click image for larger version  Name:	6.webp Views:	0 Size:	11.7 KB ID:	948896

Click image for larger version  Name:	8.webp Views:	0 Size:	15.4 KB ID:	948897

Click image for larger version  Name:	93.webp Views:	0 Size:	17.6 KB ID:	948898

Click image for larger version  Name:	7.webp Views:	0 Size:	25.1 KB ID:	948899
                Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 05:17 Tuesday. Reason: Update quote
                dan87951
                audio guru

Comment

• btf1980
                  • Aug 2007

Race Car Driver, have you made up your mind about what tv you would be upgrading to? I remember you were looking at the Sharp Aquos LCD. Did you go to the Magnolia to check out the Pioneer Kuros?

Anyway, lovely set-up. :T
                  A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• ShadowZA
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Jan 2006

Beautiful setup there, Chris. :T

Comment

• sikoniko
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Aug 2003

Chris,

I noticed your SCM1's are mounted upside down. Did you do anything additional to the existing brackets, or do you just have them screwed in?
                      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

Thanks everyone!

As far as my TV goes, its on hold. I was gonna get that 65" Sharp only because there was an amazing promotion through work ($2999) however the next week it went up to $3999 and currently the promotion has ended. I checked the Kuros and yep, very nice! But more then I am looking to spend. I will wait until the next good deal comes around. (guess I am a bargin hunter :lol: )

Yes the SCM1s are upside down. I wanted them higher in the room and when they were right side up the tweets were too high, so I flipped em. That kinda scared me at first, but longer bolts an extra washer and a small dab of locktight I sleep better at night. I was thinking of drilling 1 extra hole in each bracket for added support, but as of right now they dont seem to be pulling away from the wall one bit and I'd rather not drill holes in the brackets.
                        B&W

Comment

• ssabripo
                          • Dec 2005

hahaha.....Chris...when are you gonna upgrade to a REAL subwoofer man?!

you know, something like:

Name:	sherv_HT_jan2008010.webp
Views:	64
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	948900
                          and

Name:	sherv_HT_jan2008007.webp
Views:	54
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	948901

hehehehe.
                          Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 05:18 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location
                          My simple HT setup
                          4π using LMS, anyone?

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Mar 2005

I asked you for a quote, and the shipping was gonna kill me! :lol:
                            B&W

Comment

• ssabripo
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
                              I asked you for a quote, and the shipping was gonna kill me! :lol:
                              are you talking about the HTM1? dude, I'm looking for a "christopher" like deal! :T :B

if you are ok with not making money off me and just hooking up a fellow HTguy and B&W lover, i'll cover shipping! :W
                              My simple HT setup
                              4π using LMS, anyone?

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ssabripo
                                are you talking about the HTM1? dude, I'm looking for a "christopher" like deal! :T :B

if you are ok with not making money off me and just hooking up a fellow HTguy and B&W lover, i'll cover shipping! :W
                                I was talking about the subs! :lol:

But if you want my red htm1. Check your PM.
                                B&W

Comment

• Lex
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Apr 2001

is that thing a load bearing wall?
                                  Doug
                                  "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Blindamood
                                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ssabripo
                                    hahaha.....Chris...when are you gonna upgrade to a REAL subwoofer man?!

you know, something like:

Click image for larger version  Name:	sherv_HT_jan2008010.webp Views:	0 Size:	13.8 KB ID:	948900
                                    and

Click image for larger version  Name:	sherv_HT_jan2008007.webp Views:	0 Size:	23.9 KB ID:	948901

hehehehe.

Man, I sure hope you're not in a condo...! Your neighbors would love that.
                                    Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 05:19 Tuesday. Reason: Update quote
                                    Brad

Comment

• ssabripo
                                      • Dec 2005

no no...i'm in a house..no worries.
                                      My simple HT setup
                                      4π using LMS, anyone?

Comment

• mjb
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Mar 2005

Here's my setup.
                                        • RSP-1098 & RMB-1077
                                        • AppleTV & Pro-ject RPM5
                                        • HD Sat RX, Sony DVD player
                                        • B&W 802D's
                                        • Wishlist: a centre HTM2D and SCMS's for rear

Thats a homemade Nixie clock sitting on top of the 1098, in tube save mode. I should have turned it on for the pic

About the amp, the 1077 is really a lot more capable than one might think (without hearing it) and certainly goes loud enough to shake the neighbours. IMO, and limited experience, it drives the 802D's really well, which I'm told spend most of their time looking like a 4 ohm load. If in doubt, try it.

The 802D's are a total dream, the diamond tweeter is worth every penny. I had never experienced such perfect imaging and clarity before. They never get confused with busy pieces, and I never knew a foot drum had a musical note. Equally impressive is their huge dynamic range, and performance at low levels (ie, when the neighbours are in bed!). I couldn't be happier! :T
                                        - Mike

Main System:
                                        B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                                        Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Briz vegas
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Mar 2005

Very nice. Great to here you are enjoying the sounds.
                                          Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
                                          Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• rik71
                                            • Jan 2008

My new home theatre

Comment

• jack667
                                              • Jul 2007

Wow, amazing!!!
                                              B&W 683. Advantage S-101. Mac Mini. 53,000 tunes.

Comment

• Mikael
                                                • Aug 2007

Wow just my words exactly.Your room looks very nice and clean.Which power amps are those?

Comment

• arcam_boy
                                                  • Jan 2008

wow very nice indeed. how does the system sound as the room looks quite small to fit all them gorgeous speakers in. ;x(

Comment

• Rick Vestal
                                                    • Mar 2008

Is that a pair of Rowlands I spy there? Very nice room indeed. looks like something from a magazine.
                                                    Last edited by Rick Vestal; 21 March 2008, 17:13 Friday. Reason: Mispelling

Comment

• rik71
                                                      • Jan 2008

Hi guys, I finally set up my system in my new apartment,
                                                      here is my setup:

front B&w-802d
                                                      center htm2d
                                                      rear 805
                                                      sub Velodyne DD15
                                                      2 jeff Rowland model 3
                                                      Denon avc a1-sr(5805)
                                                      Denon Dvd a-11
                                                      Ps3
                                                      projector Panasonic pta e2000
                                                      Remote marantz rc9001
                                                      Sky Hd
                                                      Tv Panasonic 50"

thanks all for compliments. :E

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mikael
                                                        Wow just my words exactly.Your room looks very nice and clean.Which power amps are those?
                                                        Too clean. I'd guess there's a need for some acoustical treatments. I also wonder about the proximity of the speakers to the walls, especially the FR in the corner. Hope it sounds better than I'd predict.

Kal
                                                        Kal Rubinson
                                                        _______________________________
                                                        "Music in the Round"
                                                        Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
                                                        http://forum.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                          • Mar 2005

When are you going to cough up some pics of your own system Kal? Please show us what a less clean room could sound like.
                                                          "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• rik71
                                                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
                                                            Too clean. I'd guess there's a need for some acoustical treatments. I also wonder about the proximity of the speakers to the walls, especially the FR in the corner. Hope it sounds better than I'd predict.

Kal
                                                            thank you for your very useful considerations. I am now in the process of finilizing the restructuring of my new house, and will definitely make sure that the room will be more absorbant, by adding curtains , carpets and pictures.

Comment

• x43x
                                                              • Sep 2007

I don't feel worthy with some of these badass setups. Here's my condo's living room. Neighbors don't mind too much, but I try to not go too loud after 10PM, or I just don't turn the sub on when it's late.

Image not available
                                                              Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 05:00 Tuesday. Reason: Remove broken image link

Comment

• Captain Reg
                                                                • Mar 2008

My modest 2 channel set up

Images not available
                                                                Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 05:00 Tuesday. Reason: Remove broken image links

Comment

• kallagtunet
                                                                  • Jan 2008

New front row new posibilities :-)

The front row is in place, two F113 together with the B&Ws great match...
                                                                  Last edited by kallagtunet; 01 April 2008, 19:37 Tuesday. Reason: New pitures on its way

Comment

• joetama
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • May 2006

WOW....

That is one nice setup...
                                                                    -Joe

Comment

• scanido
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by kallagtunet
                                                                      That is an ultimate setup!! :T

You gotta love those F113's!!!! I know i love mine!!

What are you using for rears??

Comment

• ninja12
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Mar 2007

Really really really nice. Congratulations on your sweet setup. ;x(

Comment

• Blindamood
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Sep 2003

Looks awesome in basic black!
                                                                          Brad

Comment

• Tommy
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Dec 2006
                                                                            • 110

Drool

Comment

• Luke Skywalker
                                                                              Member
                                                                              • Apr 2007
                                                                              • 52

Now I am using a Yaqin MC-100B with mine 703.

:lol:
                                                                              "Luke Skywalker Experience"

"Luke Skywalker photos"

Comment

• Briz vegas
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • Mar 2005
                                                                                • 1199

Nude tweeters - now thats a bad idea. I would put the tweeter covers on those babies. Unlike the other drivers B&W recommend you don't remove those covers.

Nice looking tube amp !
                                                                                Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)

Comment

• Mark-n-b
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Apr 2005
                                                                                  • 188

Originally posted by x43x
                                                                                  I don't feel worthy with some of these badass setups. Here's my condo's living room. Neighbors don't mind too much, but I try to not go too loud after 10PM, or I just don't turn the sub on when it's late.

Image not available

Lovely room - :T
                                                                                  Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 05:01 Tuesday. Reason: Update quote

Comment

• Mark-n-b
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Apr 2005
                                                                                    • 188

Originally posted by Captain Reg
                                                                                    My modest 2 channel set up

Images not available

Those 683s in black rock! My friend is after some of these - I will show him this picture!
                                                                                    Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 05:02 Tuesday. Reason: Update quote

Comment

• Mark-n-b
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Apr 2005
                                                                                      • 188

;x( :E Great setup!

Comment

• Luke Skywalker
                                                                                        Member
                                                                                        • Apr 2007
                                                                                        • 52

Originally posted by Briz vegas
                                                                                        Nude tweeters - now thats a bad idea. I would put the tweeter covers on those babies. Unlike the other drivers B&W recommend you don't remove those covers.

Nice looking tube amp !

For which reason?

"Luke Skywalker photos"

Comment

• Briz vegas
                                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                                          • Mar 2005
                                                                                          • 1199

Originally posted by Luke Skywalker
                                                                                          For which reason?
                                                                                          I have noticed a small dent in the dome of the tweeter. (Approx 10x5 mm) I can only assume one of my son's have knocked cover or my visiting mother has knocked when cleaning?? Everyone knows not to go near the speakers therefore no answer as to how dent appeared. Question is should this dent affect the tweeter and if so

:M :M :M Last week she bang the tweeter and today after i come home from work my wife told me that she dropped my speakerrrrrrrrrr........godddddddddddddddddd damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn She is really making my life a living helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.............. :M

I seems to be a pretty common story. Those things are way too easy to damage, either by little fingers or a little accident.

Name:	sml.jpg
Views:	2226
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	850213
                                                                                          Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 13:23 Tuesday. Reason: Update urls and image location

Comment

• Luke Skywalker
                                                                                            Member
                                                                                            • Apr 2007
                                                                                            • 52

ok understood, thank you :T .

"Luke Skywalker photos"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"