X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • videophile
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by emig5m
    Also for rear speakers since I still haven't purchased or made up my mind....
    • 686 bookshelves (more affordable but only 84dB efficiency? meh..)
    • 685 bookshelves (a little more money but still only 88dB....)
    • DS3 (kinda out of my price range that I'm willing to spend right now for surround speakers but they're closer matched to my front end at 89dB)

I have the cash on hand to buy the 686s right now, but at only 84dB efficiency, will they be up to the task on keeping up to the 683/HTM61 front end? I know the rears handle mainly spacial effects, but still... I like to blast intense action movies like Batman Begins. Would I be better off waiting and saving up and getting the DS3s? Opinions on what I should get to compliment my existing setup?
    emig5m, I suggest you buy the speakers that fits your budget. You may want to check out my insights on bookshelf vs. dipoles as surround speakers here: Link Good luck!

Btw, congratulations on your purchase of Emotiva XPA-5. Having a power amp surely makes a lot of difference to power these B&W babies. :T

Comment

• emig5m
      • Aug 2008

Well I ordered the 685s today. To heck with the budget, you only live once, and I blew over my budget two or three purchases ago, lol (originally didn't want to go over the price of the 684s.) Might as well, I've went this far and the rear surrounds are the last thing to get and then I'm done, heh.

And I finally got a little froggy with Emotiva tonight. The sheer weight of that thing had me afraid to turn the volume up in fear of woofer cones flying across the room, lol. I gotta say the 683s can handle some power because I was playing some bass heavy material (one of the songs in which the Yamaha receiver would go into protection mode - Will Smith's Wild Wild West) and I can't believe the clean bass that comes out of them little tiny woofers in the 683s (compared to what I'm used to seeing - 15" size woofers.) I kept the covers off the speaker and payed close attention to how far the woofers where moving which was barely anything compared to some youtube videos I seen of some people that looked like they where actually over driving their B&Ws and they didn't blow them, heh. For instance, this video here:

Those driver excursions look a little on the scary side of potential driver damage to me! :E Or can the B&Ws take that kind of abuse? (but they don't sound that loud in the video - normally a camera mic will distort at loud volume)

I'm assuming I'm using the Emotiva to near its full potential because it got pretty damn hot playing at dance club levels in only 2-channel. It's hard for me to say how much better it is over using the Yamaha since with the 684s and Cerwin Vegas I didn't really notice how dramatic the difference was in clarity until I A/B'd them back and forth while the same song was playing. I did noticed the difference before A/b'ing them, but when I did A/B them was more about noticing how much poorer the top end clarity was with the Vegas then how much better the B&Ws where if you know what I mean, heh.

So far with the Emotiva at loud volumes the sound is just effortless. Perfectly clear - it just maintains that perfect low/mid volume clarity I had before but it maintains it when you ask the system to rock out full bore. The bass has more weight to it, and that's pretty much all I can notice so far, lol. I'm sure if I could A/B the receivers amp and the power amp while the same song was playing without monkeying with wires I might be able to notice more to it like how much poorer the Vega's top end clarity was to the B&Ws when I A/B'd them - I'm sure five channels vs five channels driven the Emotiva will totally mop the floor of the receiver.

But dayum, to get that little bit extra performance you need to pay so much for it. :E Imagine say 803d and Classe amps. :E Wait a minute, some of you guys don't have to imagine, some of you have that level already, heh. :T
      Last edited by theSven; 12 August 2023, 16:07 Saturday. Reason: Update video url

Comment

• Sounder
        • Oct 2007

just wait... it only gets better

Once those speakers (and your new 600s) get some use and break in, they will only get sweeter and smoother. Some say amps need to break in too. Regardless of that, you might want to try the A/B again in a couple weeks, just to be sure you want to keep the Emo. After all, you may want to send it back. ... yeah, right. :T

Comment

• sikoniko
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

I updated pictures in the Classe thread, but since it applies to B&W, I wanted to bring them over here, as some of you guys might not look over there...

It's not 100% done yet, but its coming along.
          I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• artv4
            • Jun 2007

sikoniko!!! Wowowowowow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• Relentless
              • Jul 2007

I like what you have done with the rack....are those brushed aluminum cut outs to the face plates of each piece?....very nice :T
              I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
              Lou

Comment

• style
                Super Senior Member
                • Feb 2006

I like too the brushed black aluminum cut outs to the face plates of each piece especially with the Classe .... :T

You've built or buyed?

Comment

• emig5m
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Sounder
                  Once those speakers (and your new 600s) get some use and break in, they will only get sweeter and smoother. Some say amps need to break in too. Regardless of that, you might want to try the A/B again in a couple weeks, just to be sure you want to keep the Emo. After all, you may want to send it back. ... yeah, right. :T
                  Well I would hope my mains are already broken in since they're the dealer's demos, heh. The Emotiva I'm 99.9% sure I'll just keep it. I think for the price it really couldn't be beat anyway and it's nice knowing the amp and power should never be a bottleneck in my system. I wanna play around with the 685s as mains when I get them and see how good they perform on their own for stereo playback.

Comment

• Speed3
                    • Oct 2007

Here is my set-up. I have a Xbox 360 that I just sold so now I have a 4U 360 faceplate to sell. lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	CenterChannel.webp
Views:	134
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	947554

Name:	Conditioner.webp
Views:	130
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	947555

Name:	Mid-Range.webp
Views:	135
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	947556

Name:	PS3.webp
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	947557

Name:	Reciever.webp
Views:	132
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	947558

Name:	Stabilizer.webp
Views:	133
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	947559

Name:	SubSpeaker.webp
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	947560

Name:	Tweeter.webp
Views:	131
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	947561

Name:	Subwoofer.webp
Views:	131
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	947562

Name:	xboxgone4.webp
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	947563

Name:	xboxgone3.webp
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	947564
                    Last edited by theSven; 12 August 2023, 16:10 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• ShadowZA
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Jan 2006

Great setup, Speed3 :T

Comment

• wettou
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • May 2006

Nice Speed 3

Are you shaking the entire house with those subs :B
                        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Speed3
                          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by wettou
                          Nice Speed 3

Are you shaking the entire house with those subs :B
                          The whole block...lol

Comment

• beden1
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Oct 2006

I realigned and re-wired my system recently to get ready to add a new SSP-800 that is on order. (The wires seen hanging about are staged to connect a new processor) The CP-500 is temporarily in it's place. I also figured out a way to make room and raise my HTM2D to the same level as my 803Ds. My wife did not want me to wall mount the TV.

Current FL set-up: Just Ordered Classe SSP-800 for HT (Not Pictured); Classe' CP-500; Classe' CAM-350 (pair) for B&W 803D front L/R (bi-wire); Classe' CAV-150 for B&W HTM2D center and B&W 703 surrounds (bi-amp); Sony SCD-XA9000ES; Panasonic DMP-BD10 Blu-Ray; Sony KDL-46XBR3; Velodyne SC-1250 and twin SC-15" subs; Sound Care Super Spikes; and Richard Gray RGPC 600S for components protection (non-amplifiers).

Last edited by beden1; 25 October 2008, 12:44 Saturday.

Comment

• wettou
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by beden1
                              I realigned and re-wired my system recently to get ready to add a new SSP-800 that had not come. The CP-500 is temporarily in it's place. I also figured out a way to make room and raise my HTM2D to the same level as my 803Ds. My wife did not want me to wall mount the TV.
                              You need a large screen so you decided SSP-800 is gone forever?
                              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• beden1
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by wettou
                                You need a large screen so you decided SSP-800 is gone forever?
                                The 46" screen is large enough for right now. We are not sitting that far from that wall. I have a 58" in my other house, but we sit much farther back.

I'm still deciding on the SSP-800. I cancelled my order with the FL dealer for the SSP-800, as he turned out to be very short on service.

I'm visiting my other dealer in PA tomorrow for a demo. I don't need it for a couple of months until I go back to FL, so in the mean time, I'd like to get more clarity on their time frame for including the Hi-Def board.

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Jan 2006

I realigned and re-wired my system recently to get ready to add a new SSP-800 that had not come. (The wires seen hanging about are staged to connect a new processor) The CP-500 is temporarily in it's place. I also figured out a way to make room and raise my HTM2D to the same level as my 803Ds. My wife did not want me to wall mount the TV.
                                  Looking mighty good. :T
                                  Raising your HTM2D to same level as 803D's = perfect!

Comment

• beden1
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by ShadowZA
                                    Looking mighty good. :T
                                    Raising your HTM2D to same level as 803D's = perfect!
                                    Thanks. I think it's starting to get there. Sometimes it seems like it's as much fun to tweak the system as is the listening. :B

How do you like the 802Ds in place of the 803Ds as the mains, now that you've had some time to listen?

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Jan 2006

...Sometimes it seems like it's as much fun to tweak the system as is the listening.
                                      You bet! :T

...How do you like the 802Ds in place of the 803Ds as the mains, now that you've had some time to listen?
                                      I'm besotted with them

At the point of change, I, at first, missed the 803D's having become used to them over a significant period of time. The 802D's were also new and did not sound at their best. Now, the situation is different. The 802D's have opened up and their purr is complete, smooth and superbly satisfying. The 803D's as surrounds provide an amazing match to the fronts too.

Comment

• exSG
                                        • Oct 2008

hi all,

sharing my setup with you all..feel free to comment or suggest improvements.
                                        I feel prima luna prologue 2 is a match made in heaven with 805s, and the consonance linear is so so musical, full bodied and real...but i think i need a sub to supplement the low end. any to recommend?

Images not available

805s/PL P2/Consonance Linear 110/Belden cables/Straightwire Symphony interconnect/MIT AVT2 biwire/Xindak power conditioner
                                        Last edited by theSven; 12 August 2023, 16:11 Saturday. Reason: Remove broken image links

Comment

• audioqueso
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Nov 2004

exSG, I've never heard of your components, but it looks like it sounds great.
                                          I would highly recommend Velodyne DD or SPL series. I have the SPL series, and I really like the way it blends seeminglessly with my N805's. The higher end DD series is also favored by many 805 owners. I would recommend either depending on the price range you're looking for.
                                          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Briz vegas
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Mar 2005

Nice setup exSG.

In regard to the bass, do you run your power amp via the power conditioner that you have. That can reduce bass performance for some amps. I have alot more bass in my system than 12 months ago. That all came from upgrading power cords, interconnects and speaker cable. My power amp is plugged directly into a wall socket, even a 2 way adaptor reduces its performance so I stick with the minimalist approach.

A sub is one solution but somehow it seems wrong with something as old school as a tube amp. If you are really keen I would probably consider a PV1 as it is about as clean as you can get (although I do wonder about servicing once the warrantee is up - I have heard stories from an independent tech that they are too difficult to service. He told me that under warrantee B&W have been known to just give the customer a new one)

I considered a Consonance Droplet for my system but there are no local dealers. Reviews were great, although owners reported that Droplet heated up CDs which I did not like. A CD is not an ideal heatsink after all. I have a friend with a Prima Luna pre amp and he likes it very much. It has a strong family resemblance to your amp.

Enjoy the sounds :T
                                            Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
                                            Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• wettou
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • May 2006

Originally posted by exSG
                                              hi all,

sharing my setup with you all..feel free to comment or suggest improvements.
                                              I feel prima luna prologue 2 is a match made in heaven with 805s, and the consonance linear is so so musical, full bodied and real...but i think i need a sub to supplement the low end. any to recommend?

Images not available

805s/PL P2/Consonance Linear 110/Belden cables/Straightwire Symphony interconnect/MIT AVT2 biwire/Xindak power conditioner

Cool get yourself a JL Audio Fathom F113 and you will be in music heaven :T
                                              Last edited by theSven; 12 August 2023, 16:12 Saturday. Reason: Update quote

Comment

• exSG
                                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by audioqueso
                                                exSG, I've never heard of your components, but it looks like it sounds great.
                                                I would highly recommend Velodyne DD or SPL series. I have the SPL series, and I really like the way it blends seeminglessly with my N805's. The higher end DD series is also favored by many 805 owners. I would recommend either depending on the price range you're looking for.
                                                Thanks for sharing. how much would the SPL or DD series cost? can i plug a subwoofer into the tube integrated?

links to consonance 120 linear:
                                                consonance cd player, linear output filter, on TNT-Audio - Internet HiFi magazine

Comment

• exSG
                                                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Briz vegas
                                                  Nice setup exSG.

In regard to the bass, do you run your power amp via the power conditioner that you have. That can reduce bass performance for some amps. I have alot more bass in my system than 12 months ago. That all came from upgrading power cords, interconnects and speaker cable. My power amp is plugged directly into a wall socket, even a 2 way adaptor reduces its performance so I stick with the minimalist approach.

A sub is one solution but somehow it seems wrong with something as old school as a tube amp. If you are really keen I would probably consider a PV1 as it is about as clean as you can get (although I do wonder about servicing once the warrantee is up - I have heard stories from an independent tech that they are too difficult to service. He told me that under warrantee B&W have been known to just give the customer a new one)

I considered a Consonance Droplet for my system but there are no local dealers. Reviews were great, although owners reported that Droplet heated up CDs which I did not like. A CD is not an ideal heatsink after all. I have a friend with a Prima Luna pre amp and he likes it very much. It has a strong family resemblance to your amp.

Enjoy the sounds :T
                                                  all components are connected to the power filter and it does reduce a little of the bass and perhaps wee bit of timbral qly. however, the background is a lot quieter..even dead quiet.

i know what you mean but dont want to go spend on a power amp and then a sub to boost the bass though i did think of it. i have a primare I30 which can act as a pre-amp. a mcintosh pre-power would be v nice. drool...

on another note, just to share...the primare I30 cannot drive the 805s at all. insufficient power but it does drive my quad 11L beautifully.

Comment

• turnupthemetal
                                                    • Mar 2008

My beginnings...

Been watching this thread for a while now and have plucked up the courage to post my humble pics.

Fronts are 684's (bi-amped via the surround back channels of the receiver)
                                                    Receiver is a Denon AVR1707
                                                    Sub woofer behind cabinet an Athena AS-P6000
                                                    CD player is a Denon DCM-500AE
                                                    Rears are Aaron SS120's and Centre is an Aaron CC60.
                                                    DVD is a cheap old JVC.

I was originally intending on setting up an Aaron and Denon system. About twelve months ago I bought the SS120's, Denon receiver, Denon CD player, and the Athena with a view to moving the SS120's to the rear, adding ATS-5's in the front, and a CC240 as centre. A few months after my initial purchase I had $2000 to spend on speakers and planned to get the ATS 5's and a CC-240 as planned, thus completing my basic setup. However, after listening to the Aaron's I wasn't satisfied with their sound, so I decided to just get fronts. I road tested JBL's, Wharfedale, Energy, Athena, and a few others. None of which compared to the B&W's. So, here I am with a totally mismatched system in an awkward room. I know that my speakers are too close to everything around them, but I'm stuck with it this way for now. I do have grand plans though that will take a couple of years to come in to fruition. So stay tuned... Comments/suggestions welcome.

Name:	1393.webp
Views:	127
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	947565

Full frontal showing 684's.

Name:	1395.webp
Views:	132
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	947566

Left 684 smooching with the receiver.

Name:	1396.webp
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	947567

Frustratingly concealed sub and messy cords.

Name:	1403.webp
Views:	127
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	947568

View 1 of awkward room.

Name:	1398.webp
Views:	129
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	947569

View 2 of awkward room.
                                                    Last edited by theSven; 12 August 2023, 16:14 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• beden1
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • Oct 2006

Turnupthemetal,

You did a great job with what you have to work with. One suggestion may be to put some pads under the musician statues so they don't vibrate.

Comment

• MikeFL52
                                                        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by turnupthemetal
                                                        Been watching this thread for a while now and have plucked up the courage to post my humble pics.

I know that my speakers are too close to everything around them, but I'm stuck with it this way for now.

Comments/suggestions welcome.
                                                        Don't ever be afraid of posting what you have. Most of us started small at one point and then the bug got us and the money just keeps on disappearing!!

You have some nice stuff and is the basis of good future listening (and watching)

Just a couple of comments:

1) I cannot tell your seating position form the photos, but you might want to move the L/R speakers just slightly away from the furniture and toe them in a bit

2) I know this is going to be controversial since not everyone agrees, but I would recommend changing your interconnects try http://www.monoprice.com or http://www.bluejeanscable.com – both provide better cables for relatively low prices.

Comment

• wettou
                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                          • May 2006

Originally posted by turnupthemetal
                                                          So stay tuned... Comments/suggestions welcome.
                                                          No worries mate you should not be ashamed of what you have, most of us started with humble systems and as an other member said we caught a HiFi virus and are spending all of our disposable income on high end audio & video.

You might want to move your statues away from the speakers

Comment

• turnupthemetal
                                                            • Mar 2008

Thanks for comments and encouragement. Seating position is on the three seater sofa shown in the bottom picture. The SS120's are behind it. My plan is to do away with the door to the left of the system (as shown in "View 1 of awkward room" picture), and place the components on this wall. Basically, I want to "spin" everything in the room about 45 degrees counterclockwise, which would give me a much better room to work with.

Comment

• marsboer
                                                              • Sep 2007

----
                                                              Last edited by marsboer; 05 May 2010, 14:46 Wednesday.

Comment

• wettou
                                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                                • May 2006

Cool marsboer

I like those Electrocompaniet AW400 they must definitely make the 805 shine how were they with the 802D?

How big is your room?
                                                                Last edited by theSven; 12 August 2023, 16:16 Saturday. Reason: Update user url

Comment

• kasif@
                                                                  • Oct 2008

Guys, I am new at the forum and looking for to upload my system photo soon. But I need to decide first. What is your thought on 683 front, 685 back surround, HTM61 center and ASW610XP sub? My general aim is to use the system mainly for concert/music DVDs, then for stereo and last for movie. What should my AVR choice is Yamaha 863 OK, or Marantz 7001 or ...? And should I go for 686 back surround, HTM62 center and ASW610 sub? My room is 45m2 but the area that I will setup the system is app 20m2.

Comment

• wettou
                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                    • May 2006

Originally posted by marsboer
                                                                    This room is only about 15m2, but the room I had the 802Ds in were much much larger, but it was impossible to get any decent and musical bass there. The SVS PC-Ultra is currently doing it's job with exceptionally tight and musical bass on both music and movies. I'm using a crossover setting at 80hz. This were my 802D setup (i think there is some old pictures in this thread somewhere) It was a stereo only setup with Electrocompaniet EC 4.8 running as pre-amp and fully balanced dual mono signal path. For more pictures of that setup: Link The sound is actually significantly better in my "new" room with my current setup.
                                                                    Yes a well designed ROOM will make any system sound better it is funny how we all talk about equipment but don't spend the time to look at our rooms

Comment

• btf1980
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Aug 2007

marsboer, what a terrific set-up you have there. I see many more people are using AV Receivers as prepros for HT. It makes so much sense to me to go that route. I currently use a Marantz receiver as a prepro, and it has performed flawlessly. So much so, i'm really thinking if it is worth it to upgrade to the Marantz AV8003 or the upcoming Rotel prepro.
                                                                      A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• emig5m
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Aug 2008

Hey guys, the auto setup on my Yamaha detected all speakers as large including the rear/685s. Should I leave all speakers set to large or crossover at 80Hz for movie playback? In case anyone missed my original posts my system consists of 683/HTM61/685/VeloDyne MiniVee being powered a Emotiva XPA-5.
                                                                        Last edited by emig5m; 29 October 2008, 23:35 Wednesday.

Comment

• wettou
                                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                                          • May 2006
                                                                          • 3389

Originally posted by emig5m
                                                                          Hey guys, the auto setup on my Yamaha detected all speakers as large including the rear/685s. Should I leave all speakers set to large or crossover at 80Hz for movie playback? In case anyone missed my original posts my system consists of 683/HTM61/685/VeloDyne MiniVee being powered a Emotiva XPA-5.
                                                                          I would set all speakers to small with 80Hz crossover:B

Comment

• style
                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                            • Feb 2006
                                                                            • 1562

Quote:
                                                                            Originally Posted by emig5m
                                                                            Hallo emig5m,
                                                                            Try too with big and 60hz.
                                                                            the 683 are not so small with the frequency... :T

Omar

Comment

• style
                                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                                              • Feb 2006
                                                                              • 1562

Hallo marsboer,

I have see your set in the Norway-forum :W

The Electrocompaniet pre/pro is always in your home (only for stereo well?)

With the Monocle XL (not bi-wired) you have a difference from a bi-wire & non bi-wired?
                                                                              -> B&W 805S will be not a so big/notable difference but with the 802D you dont feel the difference? the 802D dont want a with bi-wire cable?
                                                                              --> B&W 802D will be sure much great with a bi-wired cable!!! they will make a superb / heaven sound with the Electrocompaniet AW400 or??

The rack (soundstyle) dont support the Kg. from the power-ampli AW400 Electrocompaniet correct?

In your room the 805S make you more happy vs. the 802D? correct?
                                                                              how much m3 you have for this sistem?

What is the support for the htm4s? Built by yourself?

greetings from Switzerland Omar

Comment

• marsboer
                                                                                Member
                                                                                • Sep 2007
                                                                                • 37

Originally posted by style
                                                                                Hallo marsboer,

I have see your set in the Norway-forum :W

The Electrocompaniet pre/pro is always in your home (only for stereo well?)

With the Monocle XL (not bi-wired) you have a difference from a bi-wire & non bi-wired?
                                                                                -> B&W 805S will be not a so big/notable difference but with the 802D you dont feel the difference? the 802D dont want a with bi-wire cable?
                                                                                --> B&W 802D will be sure much great with a bi-wired cable!!! they will make a superb / heaven sound with the Electrocompaniet AW400 or??

The rack (soundstyle) dont support the Kg. from the power-ampli AW400 Electrocompaniet correct?

In your room the 805S make you more happy vs. the 802D? correct?
                                                                                how much m3 you have for this sistem?

What is the support for the htm4s? Built by yourself?

greetings from Switzerland Omar

Lots of questions here, and I will try to answer them.

The Electrocompaniet EC 4.8 is sold, so the Yamaha RX-V1800 is my only pre-pro. I need a surroundreceiver because I rely heavily on my SVS in both music and movies.

I haven't tried the bi-wire version of Monocle XL (Bifocal XL). I didn't use Monocle XL at all when I had 802D. Back then I used a biwire set from Better Cables which is one of the best cables I have ever used. (And they are also quite cheap)

The Soundstyle rack does infact support 100kg per shelf, so it will definititly support the two AW400s. But there is just not enough space between the shelves, and the top placement is reserved for the HTM4S.

The AW400 is the best match I have heard and used with 802D. The top Electrocompaniet amplifier (NEMO) is in fact called Nemo because it was developed for the original B&W Nautilus 801 (Nemo was the captain of Nautilus..) and Electrocompaniet continues to be one of the best matches for B&W speakers with their sparkling organic sound.

I haven't tried 802D and 805S in the same room. 802D was kept in a much bigger room, but this room was acoustically very bad compared to my current much smaller room (Maybe around 30 m3). To bring 802D into this room would be madness!

The tiny silver grey supports for the HTM4S I made by myself, yes. It is actually just two pieces of custom cut wood pieces, which I have covered in duct tape :B

Comment

• style
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Feb 2006
                                                                                  • 1562

I search a good rack the placing my Classe CA5200 & SSP800 --> Soundstyle
                                                                                  have a good look but is not enough for me too. I have a center Htm2D.....

The Monocle XL is a expensive cable...the bifocal . 8O ... --> I dont think so much pay for speaker-cable pay.

Elctrocompaniet is a good brand :T :T

Omar

Comment

• kasif@
                                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                                    • Oct 2008
                                                                                    • 3

Originally posted by kasif@
                                                                                    Guys, I am new at the forum and looking for to upload my system photo soon. But I need to decide first. What is your thought on 683 front, 685 back surround, HTM61 center and ASW610XP sub? My general aim is to use the system mainly for concert/music DVDs, then for stereo and last for movie. What should my AVR choice is Yamaha 863 OK, or Marantz 7001 or ...? And instead of above should I go for 686 back surround, HTM62 center and ASW610 sub? My room is 45m2 but the area that I will setup the system is app 20m2.
                                                                                    Nothing for my question????

Comment

• beden1
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • Oct 2006
                                                                                      • 1676

Originally posted by kasif@
                                                                                      Nothing for my question????
                                                                                      As this is the section to post and discuss pictures of systems, you may get better results starting a new thread in the B&W Forum.

Comment

• style
                                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                                        • Feb 2006
                                                                                        • 1562

hallo kasif@,

I dont have never listen the htm61 or 62...but the 683 and the 685 for rear is a good choice.

For electronics I prefer go to Marantz...yourself like more Music versus movie,
                                                                                        i think that the Marantz can give you more enjo vs. the Yamaha...
                                                                                        I you can have a Marantz 7002 or eighter... :T

The htm61 I think will be better. for the sub if you can listen a Veldyne like the new Microvee not much expensive you will be happy.
                                                                                        B&W make good & nice sub but Velodyne have more performance....i dont no how much you will invest for your system....

well: B&W 683-htm61-685 - sub Velodyne microvee
                                                                                        Marantz 7002-8002?? - dvd???

greetings omar

Comment

• marsboer
                                                                                          Member
                                                                                          • Sep 2007
                                                                                          • 37

I had a HT-setup with DM683, HTM61 and DM685 before and I will just repeat what I said in my picture post above:

"I have owned B&W DM602 S3, B&W 802D, B&W DM683 and B&W HTM61 before..."
                                                                                          "....All of these speakers have performed good, except the HTM61, which was a downright bad center channel speaker even though the physical build and theoretical performance should indicate otherwise. Very dissappointed in that one.
                                                                                          HTM4S is lightyears better than the HTM61 and also a much better voicematch for the DM683. Really recommended, even for DM683 owners!"

Comment

• wettou
                                                                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                            • May 2006
                                                                                            • 3389

Originally posted by style
                                                                                            hallo kasif@,

I dont have never listen the htm61 or 62...but the 683 and the 685 for rear is a good choice. For electronics I prefer go to Marantz...yourself like more Music versus movie, i think that the Marantz can give you more enjo vs. the Yamaha... I you can have a Marantz 7002 or eighter... :T

The htm61 I think will be better. for the sub if you can listen a Veldyne like the new Microvee not much expensive you will be happy.
                                                                                            B&W make good & nice sub but Velodyne have more performance....i dont no how much you will invest for your system....

well: B&W 683-htm61-685 - sub Velodyne microvee
                                                                                            Marantz 7002-8002?? - dvd???

greetings omar
                                                                                            What is your first language? I can't understand what you are talking about :B

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"