Clear All
  • misterdoggy
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Originally posted by neil w
    misterdoggy

what are the spike kits under your htm2d

regards neil
    I ordered them from a local store in Lyon. they have double sided scotch tape and they look pretty nice. There are no screw-holes for putting anythin underneath the htm2d. Only holes that correspond to the stand.

The height of the tweeter is almost even with the 802d's as is recommended by B&W

Comment

• ShadowZA
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

misterdoggy, that is one awesome setup. I'm going to have to see the doctor ... I'm all out of drool :T

Comment

• ShadowZA
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

The final setup including newly mounted plasma.

Attached Files

Comment

• tec333
          • Jan 2006

shadow, i love your setup - real nice - :T

i think that's what i would eventually end up with - as my permanent setup. except maybe the 803D, i might push the budget for an 802D. I love that pioneer screen with the piano gloss black frame. the component rack is quite nice too!

anyway, one question - the pics look like you have carpet on the walls. i do not even see a seam between the wall and the floor? gives a new meaning to wall to wall carpet!

Comment

• ShadowZA
            Super Senior Member
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by tec333
            shadow, i love your setup - real nice - :T

i think that's what i would eventually end up with - as my permanent setup. except maybe the 803D, i might push the budget for an 802D. I love that pioneer screen with the piano gloss black frame. the component rack is quite nice too!

anyway, one question - the pics look like you have carpet on the walls. i do not even see a seam between the wall and the floor? gives a new meaning to wall to wall carpet!
            Thanks, tec333

Yes, the same carpet as is on the floor is on the wall. There is no seam, but the edges are tucked into one another ... also well hidden. Next week I'm having a Cherrywood border mounted on the sides and top ridge of the "walled carpet". This should provide extra support for the carpet and prevent gravity causing bubbles in the carpet over time.

Comment

• bryan w
              • Dec 2004

bryans loft conversion updated

htm3s
              804s
              scms
              screenplay 7205
              pioneer ax10ai
              pioneer 989 dvd
              shanling cdt80 cdp
              sky+
              cdmnt sub
              Attached Files
              screenplay 7205 6ft owl fixed screen pioneer ax10ai pioneer 989dvd sky+ clear audio emotion tt ,trichord dino phono stage ,shanling cdt80 cd nautilus 804s fronts htm3s centre scms rears cdmnt sub

Comment

• ShadowZA
                Super Senior Member
                • Jan 2006

Great setup, Bryan. Love the plinths. They look nice and solid. :T

Comment

• bryan w
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ShadowZA
                  Great setup, Bryan. Love the plinths. They look nice and solid. :T
                  thanks,your 803ds would look fantastic on them
                  screenplay 7205 6ft owl fixed screen pioneer ax10ai pioneer 989dvd sky+ clear audio emotion tt ,trichord dino phono stage ,shanling cdt80 cd nautilus 804s fronts htm3s centre scms rears cdmnt sub

Comment

• Mark_C.
                    • Jan 2003

Bryan, Shadow:

My compliments on well thought out, extremely tasteful setups. As much a pleasure to look at as to listen to, I'm sure. Bryan, my goal is to sometime down the line switch out my LCD projection set for an on-wall plasma. Not a desperate need, just something to strive for. Seeing your setup convinces me this is the way to go. Well done, both.

Comment

• worldys
                      • Dec 2005

shadow

beautiful set up, the equpment stand is gorgeous and compliments the speakers so well, congrats on a wonderfully designed system

doggy

i am green with envy :

Comment

• ShadowZA
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Jan 2006

Thanks Mark_C. & doggy

Comment

• texasbwfan
                          • Sep 2005

Incredible systems out there guys/gals...I suppose I'll go ahead and post a picture of my set up as it stands today.

Pioneer Elite 74TXvi
                          Pioneer Elite DV-45A
                          805s
                          HTM3s
                          ASW825
                          OLD 52" Pioneer Elite TV

I recently replaced my ASW675 with an ASW825...LOVE the new sub. The system is a work in progress...the television will be my next upgrade followed by an amp to accompany my receiver. Baby steps!
                          Attached Files
                          texasbwfan

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Mar 2005

ShadowZA, likin the system!!

Looking good everyone,
                            Misterdoggy... i think you need to upgrade, your falling behind everyone else...
                            B&W

Comment

• RebelMan
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by misterdoggy
                              Nope nope this is it. Really. I wouldn't know wher to go from here. I am so happy with the X1 preamp. It really brought out the best from the Krell fpb400cx and Ayre D1xe that I have come to the point where I wouldn't want anything better.

really !! cross my heart
                              doggy, what medicine are you taking to cure the upgrade bug? I see one more upgrade for you on the very near horizon. I bet you'll uncross your heart then. :P

You have a great system, keep the photo's coming! I would like to see an updated tweeter in the next shot.
                              "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• RebelMan
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by texasbwfan
                                I recently replaced my ASW675 with an ASW825...LOVE the new sub. The system is a work in progress...the television will be my next upgrade followed by an amp to accompany my receiver. Baby steps!
                                Way to go texasbwfan. I love my ASW825 too. In fact I have been thinking about adding another one.

Comment

• RebelMan
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • Mar 2005

Shadow and bryan you both make me sick with upgrade envy. Both very nice systems. Shadow, your new FP is sooooo sweeeet especially the way you have it mounted! I'm loving the recessed look.

Comment

• texasbwfan
                                    • Sep 2005

Thanks RebelMan,

I know what you mean...the dual sub set-up is definitely tempting. I'd like to add a second ASW825 once I move into my new house.

Bryan W - Gorgeous! I could see myself spending quite a bit of time in a room like that...looks very comfortable.

ShadowZA - Stunning! Love your new Pioneer plasma....very interested in that model myself. I'm impressed with how well your rack matches the contemporary lines of the B&W 800 series...looks as though they were made for oneanother!
                                    texasbwfan

Comment

• alpina
                                      • Nov 2005

hi texasbwfan,

nice setup.

gotta admit, prior to seeing your setup i hated black b&w speakers. the wood colour and grain just never looked right. but your system look great and i stand converted

cheers,

julie
                                      My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Jan 2006

Thanks RebelMan and texasbwfan.

Texasbwfan, thanks for sharing your news on your new ASW825 sub. It's great looking too, as in your pic. Your positive comments, RebelMan, have also helped to increase my confidence in this regard. Next January, when I hope to upgrade the pre-amp/processor ... I may just think about this sub too.

Regarding the plasma, it was a decision between this model and the Panny 8 series commercial monitor - PHD8. My final decision on the Pioneer was based on better specs, the EISA award for best Plasma TV product 2005-2006, tuner thrown in which supports HDMI and a few other variables such as its sleek looks & great price.

Imho it's never easy to keep "up to date" regarding our hobby in this rapidly changing technological & information age in which we find ourselves. However, if one does a significant amount of "homework" plus has the good fortune of a great support base from tremendous folk such as yourselves ... then success can and will happen.

Thanks for your support. :T

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Mar 2005

Progress, slowly but surely..:nod:
                                          This has to be arangement #5, just added the TV tonight.
                                          Still have plans drawn out for some acoustic treatment, and layout off all the electronics, out of view.

B&W

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Jan 2006

Race Car Driver ... looks awesome & comfy. What's the bet that NOTHING is going to get you outta that room.

Comment

• Joey_V
                                              • Jul 2005

I think I know where your sweet spot is.... right arm on the sofa arm, all cozy and stuff.

Nice system!!
                                              Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
                                              Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
                                              System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• JohnnyH
                                                • Sep 2005

Test
                                                Attached Files

Comment

• JohnnyH
                                                  • Sep 2005

Too small, I'm having trouble posting pics here. I'll try again.

Comment

• Blindamood
                                                    • Sep 2003

The Latest

Got my electronics all done, so I thought it was time for a new front sound stage. Went with the 805S and HTM4S in Cherry, to match the Bell'O table. Sounds and looks awesome!
                                                    Attached Files
                                                    Brad

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • Nov 2004

Blindamood, I really like your set up. I have the Nautilus 805 myself. Those stands make them look... heavier. Are they filled? Matches nicely though. Congrats.
                                                      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Blindamood
                                                        • Sep 2003

Thanks, audioqueso. Stands are by Sound Organisation. Yeah, they're filled with sand.
                                                        Brad

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Joey_V
                                                          I think I know where your sweet spot is.... right arm on the sofa arm, all cozy and stuff.

Nice system!!
                                                          Yup, very much so.
                                                          Cozy, comfy and keeping me up late at night, just listening to music.
                                                          Now I need to get someting to put my feet up on... the coffee table just isnt doing it. :lol:

Thanks all.
                                                          B&W

Comment

• Ultrasonic
                                                            • Feb 2006

Just a quick update
                                                            got a new amp and cdp
                                                            next will be a pair of Nautilus 803D's then expanding to fully blown AV-probably going to go down either the Rotel or Arcam FMJ route :T

The cdp is only an £800 design but i used my ears and not my ego for this one it outperformed the Tri Vista SACD player! A true bargain. Those still using their dvd players for music should get one of these and marvel at the improvement :rofl:

Click image for larger version

Name:	goodxray.webp
Views:	51
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	948826

Name:	verygood2.webp
Views:	55
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	948827

Name:	good5.webp
Views:	50
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	948828

Name:	good2.webp
Views:	52
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	948829

Name:	good3.webp
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	948830

Name:	nice1.webp
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	948831
                                                            Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 04:26 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Mar 2005

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
                                                              aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

B&W

Comment

• GregLett
                                                                • May 2005

:drool:
                                                                Greg

Comment

• drsiebling
                                                                  • Jan 2006

Thanks to all of your for your advice on moving my speakers out of the corners of the room. Now that I've got the plasma and Panamax power conditioner in place, things are sounding (and looking) much better!

Image not available

Thanks again!

-Ben
                                                                  Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 04:27 Tuesday. Reason: Remove broken image link

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Mar 2005

Id have to agree! :T
                                                                    B&W

Comment

• Joey_V
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Jul 2005

That is plain pimp DrSiebling!

Once again, I love the flooring!
                                                                      Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
                                                                      Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
                                                                      System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• caleb
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Aug 2004

What is that black box in the lefthand corner?

Is it your sub?

Comment

• drsiebling
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Jan 2006

It is, indeed, the sub!

Comment

• sharger
                                                                            Junior Member
                                                                            • Mar 2006

My Set Up

Hi all..... First post so gonna kick off with my setup.
                                                                            Attached Files
                                                                            Arcam AV8, Arcam P7, B&W HTM4, B&W 704, B&W DS7, M&K MX350 MKII, Velodyne SMS-1,Pioneer 435XDE, Denon 2900, Sky+, Lumagen HDP, Chord Signature Analogue Interconects x1, Chord Chorus Analogue Interconects X7, Chord Signature Digital Interconnect, Chord Oddessey Speaker Cable

Comment

• DonH17
                                                                              Junior Member
                                                                              • May 2005
                                                                              • 12

ShadowZA how's that Krell 3250?

Here's my newly upgraded system:
                                                                              System
                                                                              Power-Amp 1: Krell KAV-3250 driving L/R Fronts + Centre
                                                                              Power-Amp 2: Rotel RMB-1075 driving L/R Surrounds
                                                                              Hi Shadow,

Can you compare the sound of the Krell 3250 to the Rotel 1075? I'm looking to pick-up a used Krell or Classe amp.

Thanks,
                                                                              Don

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • Jan 2006
                                                                                • 1098

Originally posted by DonH17
                                                                                Hi Shadow,

Can you compare the sound of the Krell 3250 to the Rotel 1075? I'm looking to pick-up a used Krell or Classe amp.

Thanks,
                                                                                Don
                                                                                Hi Don

The Krell, in my opinion, is precise. It controls the speakers fully. I would describe the sound as being a full-bodied presence, effortless, not too warm though - but incredibly detailed and just the sort of sound that I seem to be in love with. The Rotel (which new, is about a quarter of the price of the Krell) is nothing to complain about at all either. Of course, it cannot control the speakers as well as the Krell, but for the price it is (again imho) a superb amp for what it can do - at it's conservative rating of 120wpc into 5 channels.

Classe, I believe, is a bit more warm sounding than the Krell.

Depending on the condition and age of the Krell & Classe amps on your shortlist, I'd take a listen to them if you can & then decide.

The funny thing is ... that had I remained with my N804's for the front end ... I would still want to have the Krell to drive them ... now that I'm experiencing it. One could say that the Krell may be a bit overpowering for the N804's but I would say that underpowering is more dangerous. The Krell, with it's great reserve of power, can control the N804's and make them perform at their very best.

My opinion is go for Krell or Classe.

Comment

• grit
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Jan 2005
                                                                                  • 580

Hi Don

The Krell, in my opinion, is precise. It controls the speakers fully. I would describe the sound as being a full-bodied presence, effortless, not too warm though - but incredibly detailed and just the sort of sound that I seem to be in love with. The Rotel (which new, is about a quarter of the price of the Krell) is nothing to complain about at all either. Of course, it cannot control the speakers as well as the Krell, but for the price it is (again imho) a superb amp for what it can do - at it's conservative rating of 120wpc into 5 channels.

Classe, I believe, is a bit more warm sounding than the Krell.

My opinion is go for Krell or Classe.
                                                                                  I'll 100% ditto that, with nothing to add. Krell or Classe, take a listen and see which you prefer. You cant go wrong either way.

Comment

• caleb
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Aug 2004
                                                                                    • 514

drsiebling - dont you find the bass a bit boomy with the sub in the corner?

Comment

• drsiebling
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Jan 2006
                                                                                      • 140

drsiebling - dont you find the bass a bit boomy with the sub in the corner?
                                                                                      Not at all... it's probably hard to tell in the photo, but there is roughly 10" of space between the sub and the walls. I've also installed a small bass trap in the corner and have the sub placed on a very thick carpet. Without all of those things, the bass was boomy...

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                                        • Sep 2005
                                                                                        • 1792

Made a few new additions and upgrades:

B&W FPM 6s (mains)
                                                                                        B&W FPM 4s (center and surounds)
                                                                                        B&W PV1

Rotel RDV1060
                                                                                        iScan HD
                                                                                        Rotel RSX 1067
                                                                                        XBOX 360

Fujitsu 50" (just purchased)
                                                                                        Richard Grey RGPC 600s (just purchased)

B&O AV Rack (custom fans installed)
                                                                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Matty
                                                                                          Junior Member
                                                                                          • Mar 2006
                                                                                          • 6

Pv1

Man I love the PV1 looks fantastic just does not suit anything that I have.

Whats your expirance with it.

Is it everything that Ive heard about?

Whats your veiw on it?

Comment

• Nolan B
                                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                                            • Sep 2005
                                                                                            • 1792

Originally posted by Matty
                                                                                            Man I love the PV1 looks fantastic just does not suit anything that I have.

Whats your expirance with it.

Is it everything that Ive heard about?

Whats your veiw on it?

its a wolf in sheeps clothing. Every one who comes over to my place (HT enthusiast or not) admires it, then is blown away by it. Yes yo9u pay more for the look and dollar for dollar you may get more performance from other subs...but nothing beats it when taking into account the size and look.

It also works very well with the FPM series. You never get the feeling anything is lacking in the speaker set up with that combo.

LOL..as far as I know this is the only picture of a black PV1 on the net. I have looked before and couldnt find one...not even on the B&W site.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"