X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Lancerpilot, that's a beautiful layout. That's a B&W room! Have you thought about running that thick tv cable through the wall? How do you like the B&K with the 805. I was considering a Rotel 1080 but now I'm thinking I will get a Marantz SA amp.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• lancerpilot
      • Mar 2005

Mark_C,
      Thanks Mark, I appreciate the feedback, I'm certainly very happy. The TV wall mount was actually much easier than I anticipated. Easily said now, understand that I was nervous as hell when it came time to mount. I was confident that I could do this on my own but I was a little nervous about it. I contacted a local Home Theater store and we worked out a deal that I could hire 1 guy to help me at 50$/hour. This way I could still be doing it myself but have the expertise and experience of a professional by my side. Joe from Bunkley's was outstanding and it only took us three hours to mount the TV and in-ceiling speakers. Best 150$ ever spent. Within minutes, Joe paid for himself when he stopped me from cutting the holes to big in my brand new ceiling 8O. I learned quite a bit from working with this professional. I chose a Sanus Plasma Stand. The looks and versatility sold itself and I am so glad that I purchased this unit. I'll inlude a photo for your reference. As for the HTM1. This speaker is the pride and joy of my system. I highly recommend it. James taylor SACD's and DVD's come to life. Combined with the 805's their a perfect match, but don't take my word for it! I eventually will upgrade to the 802's (gotta love the bowling ball look) and move the 805's to the side L&R. Now if I can only get my friends to stop grabbing my tweeter and trying to lift them up like a microphone :M
      Attached Files

Comment

• lancerpilot
        • Mar 2005

Audioqueso,
        Boy did you ask the million dollar question. Their's actually 2 small grey cables running from the tv, but theirs not enough cable to run it into the walls. I covered it up with the wirelume which improved the looks dramatically for this temporary situation. That is next on my to do list. I beleive these are special cables that I'll have to buy from Hitachi, to be honest I haven't even researched this yet. Lot's to do with a new house! I love the B&K. I would try this out before you go with the Marrantz. This amp is about 5 years old and still surprises me with options that I just recently discovered. Because of the age, I can send it to B&K and for approx. 400$ they will upgrade it like their newer amps. Not sure if Marrantz has that capability but definately something to consider. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong! Good luck.

Comment

• Glen B
          Super Senior Member
          • Jul 2004

Nice system Lancerpilot. Question though, why do you have the subwoofer so close to your source equipment (DVD player, turntable) ?

Comment

• lancerpilot
            • Mar 2005

Glen B,
            Looks only, no good reason. I know what your thinking, where would you put it? any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comment

• JCL
              • Apr 2005

Hmmm, nobody can tell. This is what you do. Buy the most cheap sub cable you can find, quality is no isseu here. Move the sofa back and put the sub in that place. Then, on youre arms and feet (please take pictures ) crawl around the room. You will most likly find a sweatspot, that is were you putt it. Haven't done it myselfe but I read about is everywere sould be verry nice!

Comment

• Nick M
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Nov 2004

If he owns a Lanceair I'm definetly jealous... :B
                ~Nick

Comment

• lancerpilot
                  • Mar 2005

No lanceair for me. I wish though, good airplane.

Comment

• georgev
                    • Jul 2004

Lovely system Lancerpilot. Very pleasing to the eye.
                    Same question I have as Mark. Did you find you had to adjust the voulume of the HTM! down to match the 805's? The HTM1 is really a fantastic speaker.
                    Enjoy.

Comment

• lancerpilot
                      • Mar 2005

georgev,
                      Thank you. I'm amazed at this question because it has never once even occured to me. The output of all three front speakers is truly matched, and I've done zero modifying or adjusting. I think a little more credit should be given to the 805's, In my opinion they are just as fantastic.
                      I put my receiver on the 3 chan mono mode so that all speakers would have the same signal, none stood out. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

Very nice systems everyone!

Great pics everyone.

Chris
                        Last edited by Race Car Driver; 19 December 2009, 13:31 Saturday.
                        B&W

Comment

• ColoKurt
                          • Mar 2005

Here’s my rig. Just got a lightly used pair of 802Ns from the local dealer a couple of weeks ago and I love them. I've been browsing this site diligently for the last month, so thank you all for the good information!

I'm going without a center channel for the time being--actually, the 802s sound just fine handling the center channel in HT. (I'll be selling my 1 year old HTM7 in the swap shop.)

The electronics are B&K Ref. 50 preamp and B&K 7250 amp. Soon I’ll be adding an Apple Mac Mini with Airport Express as a digital music server.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Verinnal
                            • Mar 2005

My entry level system

Image not available

Main: Two Brand spanking new 804S
                            Center: HTM4S
                            Surrounds: Sig7NT
                            Sub: SVS PB12-ISD
                            Powered by a Marantz SR8500
                            Marantz DV6500
                            Squeezebox3
                            Last edited by theSven; 01 September 2023, 16:50 Friday. Reason: Remove broken image link

Comment

• JCL
                              • Apr 2005

look nice, ok the room is (ass you said) not the best looking one in this topic, but hell, if it sounds good and give you joy (can't imagene why not) it's fine! You could try an seperate poweramp and use the Marantz as pre amp, your speakers will come to life ass never before.

Comment

• georgev
                                • Jul 2004

Agree with JCL, looks very nice currently.
                                I certainly would consider adding a power amp for the two fronts. You will enjoy the music more. It will also be less fatiguing.
                                Colokurt, you need to get that HTM 1 centre. It will just complete an already great system. Love the red cherry. Get the aluminium phase pluges too.
                                Enjoy.
                                Keep the pix coming through folks.
                                Caleb, where's yours?

Comment

• igor
                                  • Jan 2005

Wow, didn't know that a few pics could spark such controversy. Yes this is a showroom for B&W, Classe & Rotel products (the Rotel room pics weren't posted) and yes I am a dealer for the above brands. It is in fact in a house (my house). For those that don't believe it's my house I'd be happy to throw a few pairs of my pants on the floor and take another picture. - We chose to build a display in our home because a)there simply isn't enough space in our store and b) we wanted to show customers what this equipment looks and sounds like in a real home. Why didn't I say I was a dealer in my initial post? Well frankly, does it really matter? This thread is for showing cool pictures. I think I did a pretty good job with the system and wanted to share it with others. By the way, the reason I didn't post sooner is I've been too busy designing and installing B&W & Classe home theatre systems.

Comment

• Ron Salvo
                                    • Feb 2005

Hello, anybody home? Igor is here!

Comment

• audioqueso
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Nov 2004

Yes, I noticed he's back but no real point starting something up about Igor again cause 1) the topic is called pictues of YOUR B&W set-up, not just pictures of B&W set-up. And 2) someone said in the previous post that it took a long time to build that particular setup and used the word MY. It's a nice system, but that's all that should be said about it.

Comment

• caleb
                                        • Aug 2004

Yes I've missed his lies and bulls#*t on the forum as well!!

Comment

• Indytown
                                          • Apr 2005

Igor, you have the most complete set-up I have seen in those pic's which include the home theater 802 set-up and the two channel 800's.

Common sense tells me you probably know the sound and characteristics of the speakers inside and out with various electronics.

What are your thoughts when listening to the new 802D compared to the 800D's?

I need a speaker to handle a Home theater and listening to music. I would say 70-80% music and 20-30% HT. HT would only be in the evenings sometimes and possibly sporting events on the weekends.

Dollars vs the two $8000; is the sound that much different ?

Comment

• Wyatt
                                            • Dec 2003

Alright, I have been lurking here for a long time but I have finally gotten started on my new speaker system so I guess it's time for me to post some pics. I just got my 803Ss (with phase plugs from Caleb) and hopefully I will have an HTM3 in the next month or so. I will have to stick with my Energy eXL 16's in the rear for a while but hope to eventually replace them with 805Ss. My equipment consists of....
                                            Rotel RSP1098
                                            Rotel RMB1095
                                            Rotel RMB1048
                                            Rotel RT1080
                                            Rotel RCC1055
                                            Denon DVD1000 (old and soon to be replaced)
                                            Richard Grays Power Company 1200S
                                            38" Loewe Aconda
                                            Attached Files

Comment

• Kens1
                                              • Mar 2005

Wyatt - simply awesome set up with a really full rack! No sexual inuendo implied.

Comment

• PewterTA
                                                • Nov 2004

I agree, Wyatt, it looks awesome!
                                                Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                                                -Dan

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Nov 2004

Can I have your amps Wyatt?
                                                  Congrats, that's an awesome setup.

Comment

• junior77blue
                                                    • Nov 2004

How is the heat build up in the rack? 2 amps and MORE!! I'm guessing the rotel's are a bit more efficient than my Adcom GFA-5802. That heats up the ROOM!! I originally had it in a similar racksystem, but it heated all the components up to a level that I was uncomfortable with. Now its more in the open.

Comment

• Glen B
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by lancerpilot
                                                      Glen B,
                                                      Looks only, no good reason. I know what your thinking, where would you put it? any suggestions would be much appreciated.
                                                      To the left of the left front speaker ?

Comment

• Wyatt
                                                        • Dec 2003

junior77blue,

The rack is open on the sides and so the amps don't really get hot. The 1095 has about 5-6 inches of clearance above it as well so heat has never been an issue with this rack.

Comment

• TimL
                                                          • Apr 2005

My Theater !!

Attached are the pics of my theater. I completed this about 1yr ago; however I upgraded the surrounds to SCMS's and the rears to 805s's, last month (April05). They timbre matched my N802’s and HTM1 just very nicely and the sound stage is almost one. My wife who really doesn’t care a lot said she could here every instrument and pick out the speaker it was coming from!!! I guess I got it right! Love the B&W's!!!!

Equipment is:

Pre/pro—Denon 3805
                                                          AMP -- Krell Kav 3250 250w x 3
                                                          Dvd – Denon 3910
                                                          Projector -- BenQ PE8700
                                                          Screen Da-light Cinima Contour 92"

Attached Files

Comment

• Kens1
                                                            • Mar 2005

Very nice theater TimL. Congrats!

Comment

• georgev
                                                              • Jul 2004

Beautiful TimL.
                                                              You might want to toe in your 802's in ever so slightly and audition a dedicated stand for your HTM1.
                                                              How are you running your signal to the PJ, component or DVI?
                                                              I just love those 802' and you got the best coulour(IMHO).

Comment

• TimL
                                                                • Apr 2005

georgev

I like the idea of a dedicated stand, however the one I have is a nice storage place for the extra pillow and blankets. It does help the sound from bouncing off the front walls also- sort of a reverse bass trap!. The pic's are shot from the side and the 802's are actually toed in to the prime seating area.--Great observation and suggestion.

I run component from the Dish receiver to the PJ and DVI from the DVD player to the PJ. I want to get a switch and go just DVI but I was working on the audio part first. I love the color of the 802's a lot!! Thanks!

Comment

• georgev
                                                                  • Jul 2004

When I went from a "shelf" to a dedicated stand there was a perceptible difference in sound.
                                                                  It was more defined and focused. Hence the question about the stand. Try it and see.
                                                                  Did you ever compare component from your DVD Player to the DVI?
                                                                  3910, great player(I am biased, I have one too).
                                                                  Enjoy.

Comment

• kate
                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                    • Jan 2005

Kate's stereo set

Well I have had my speakers for a couple of months now, and finally got around to shooting some pictures.

My listening room is about 20m2 (4x5).
                                                                    Music is more important to me than home theatre..and it is cheaper..so I have focussed on a good stereo setup.
                                                                    I have really gone to my maximum budget (and a little over it), of what I can realistically afford, and wanted to put my cash into two speakers (and not surround).

I have:

B&W N804 in cherry.....I absolutely love the look of them...and they sound great too :T
                                                                    Chord CPM 2600 integrated amplifier
                                                                    DVD player= pioneer 575 a , which is functioning as my cd player at the moment ops:

Now let's see if I can post some pics
                                                                    Attached Files

Comment

• FCruz
                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                      • May 2005

Kate,

I must say.... that int. amp. is just an exceptional piece of equipment, and paired with the N804's it must soun great.

Congrats.

Comment

• PewterTA
                                                                        Moderator
                                                                        • Nov 2004

Kate, it's a great setup for 2ch listening!

Heck, the 804s do well for movie watching even, so I doubt it's even that bad!
                                                                        -Dan

Comment

• kate
                                                                          Junior Member
                                                                          • Jan 2005

Thanks FCruz and PewterTA

Comment

• JCL
                                                                            Member
                                                                            • Apr 2005
                                                                            • 53

Originally posted by kate
                                                                            Well I have had my speakers for a couple of months now, and finally got around to shooting some pictures.

My listening room is about 20m2 (4x5).
                                                                            Music is more important to me than home theatre..and it is cheaper..so I have focussed on a good stereo setup.
                                                                            I have really gone to my maximum budget (and a little over it), of what I can realistically afford, and wanted to put my cash into two speakers (and not surround).

I have:

B&W N804 in cherry.....I absolutely love the look of them...and they sound great too :T
                                                                            Chord CPM 2600 integrated amplifier
                                                                            DVD player= pioneer 575 a , which is functioning as my cd player at the moment ops:

Now let's see if I can post some pics
                                                                            I have seen you set on hifi.nl (mede Nederlander ) and must say I'm most impressed, I would kill for a setup like that. Are you thinking off upgrading to 5.1? That's wat is would do!

Comment

• kate
                                                                              Junior Member
                                                                              • Jan 2005
                                                                              • 15

Hi mede-nederlander..

No..i am not planning on upgrading to 5.1....
                                                                              I want to optimize my stereo system....and this is my total max of money I can spend on music at this point in time. My bank saldo is looking sick...

It will be a long time until i do an upgrade to 5.1 , if ever..

Comment

• DonH17
                                                                                Junior Member
                                                                                • May 2005
                                                                                • 12

First post from long-time lurker

Greetings,

I finally decided to break the ice (on my part) and post some picts of my system. I think my next upgrade will be a better amp/amps, but I'm sort of maxed out at this time. (Lets see if I can post the photos correctly)

B&W Nautilus 804 R,L,RS, LS
                                                                                B&W Nautilus HTM-1 Center
                                                                                DefTech SuperCube Reference Sub
                                                                                Anthem Statement D1 Pre-Pro
                                                                                Rotel RMB-1095 Amp 5 x 200w
                                                                                Toshiba 51 HDX(?) HDTV
                                                                                Kenwood Sovereign DV-5900M DVD, DVD-A
                                                                                Sony SACD-222ES SACD
                                                                                DirecTV HR10-250 HD Tivo
                                                                                Escient MP-100 controller
                                                                                3 x Sony CDP-CX400
                                                                                Attached Files

Comment

• PewterTA
                                                                                  Moderator
                                                                                  • Nov 2004
                                                                                  • 2901

Looks good Don. I don' think the Rotel RMB-1095 is too shabby of an amp. :T What are you looking to get in it's place?

Those racks you have look humongous (no pun intended, well maybe a little! )

Definitely love the 804s x 4, that's definitely hardcore!
                                                                                  -Dan

Comment

• DonH17
                                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                                    • May 2005
                                                                                    • 12

Originally posted by PewterTA
                                                                                    I don' think the Rotel RMB-1095 is too shabby of an amp. :T What are you looking to get in it's place?

Those racks you have look humongous (no pun intended, well maybe a little! )

Definitely love the 804s x 4, that's definitely hardcore!
                                                                                    Thanks, Yes he racks are quite imposing in my current set-up, but I assure you I have a plan! I don't think the Rotel is _too_ shabby either, but I would love to check something out thats a notch or two above... Classe Parasound or Krell I guess. I'm open to suggestions on upgrading just the front two channels, since I have been listening to a lot of 2 ch lately. So a good 2 channel amp, that later I could pair with a 3 ch. amp.

Comment

• Indytown
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Apr 2005
                                                                                      • 171

Don, what are those plinth or stands you are usings on the 804's; look interesting, looks like it would keep the botttom of the speakers from getting chipped.

Comment

• DonH17
                                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                                        • May 2005
                                                                                        • 12

Plinths

Originally posted by Indytown
                                                                                        Don, what are those plinth or stands you are usings on the 804's; look interesting, looks like it would keep the botttom of the speakers from getting chipped.
                                                                                        I got them from HNE Systems from the uk. The cost of the shipping was more than the cost of materials, but I love them, they do everything sound anchors do, but in an esthically pleasing manner.

Comment

• Indytown
                                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                                          • Apr 2005
                                                                                          • 171

thanks Don; I'll try HNEsystems.com ?

Comment

• georgev
                                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                                            • Jul 2004
                                                                                            • 365

Great set up Kate and Don,
                                                                                            Don what sonic differences did you pick up using the stands for the speakers?
                                                                                            As for the amp, I see used Mark Levinson amps coming up on audiogon now and again. They are brilliant and work very well with the B&W's. You will not need more that a 331.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"