X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

Got my 603 s3's

Finally got the 603 s3 last night conected them to rotel rsx1056,and they sound fantastic.All i need to do now is save up to replace mismatched center(def.tech. c2)for a lcr600 and replace surrounds(def.tech.Promonitor 100)with either the 600s3 or 601s3.Overall though the def.tech. center did not sound bad at all.I played the riddick dvd and sounded fantastic.I actually had calibrated with test tones and rat shack meter when i first conected them and to my surprise i really did'nt have to change any spkr settings,is this unusual?Speakers are set to small w/80 crossover.I also set them to large sub no for stereo .
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

well...I wouldn't worry about it too much since the speakers are still brand new, can't expect to sound its best anyways til they're broken in. Did you actually compare the 603s with anything else in the B&W line? I'm asking because I'm contemplating between staying within 600s or upgrade to the 700s/800s bookshelves.

Comment

• rick c
      • Aug 2004

actually the speakers were slightly used.But u cant tell by looking at them.There is a possibility that they are not broken in,since last user used them in a bedroom setup and only used them moderatly if any.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

Rick, glad to hear you got them, and I'm really glad you like them!!! They will definitely, over time, grow on you (whether it's speaker breakin or listener breakin). The 600s have the wall mounting bracket if you are going to mount the rears to the wall, my friend has them and they don't sound bad. However, you can tell the difference on the 601s, they are a little more clear and image a lot better...but they have no mounting bracket and you would need to either put them on shelves or stands.

BlazeMaster - To me, I couldn't find any reason to upgrade to the 700 series over the 600. There is difference, but price wise, just didn't seem worth it. The 800 series is a definite improvement though...so I think if you have the money (and power to push them) you would want to head up to the 800 series if you can. Almost like cutting out the middle man so to speak.
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"