X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • big G
    • Jan 2005

602 s3 vs 603 s2

I have new 602 s3's and have the option to trade for 603 s2's even. The 603 s2's have been used as rear speakers on a rotel 5.1/b&w system for 3 years. The 603's are my brothers and he feels he doesn't really utilize them because that are surrounds only. He is simply offering as a favor.

I LOVE the sound of the 602's but wonder if the 603's would be even better.
    I do not want to give up any mid and high clarity as this is what impresses me so much about the 602's, plus they are a series newer.

I plan on adding a sub eventually. Can subs be activated in stereo only listening?

I have an NAD 743 (70 x 2 RMS in stereo) driving the speakers and my room is about 15 ft x 30 ft. My actually listening distance is about 8 feet and the room is quite dead despite the size.

Help
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

I think it comes down to how they sound to you if you like them better.Ask your bro to let you borrow them and see which you like better for mains.I have the 603s3 which i like for HT/TV and music and i use a sub.Some people have stated they like the 602s3 better than the 603s3's but i believe contrary to most that it's about taste and how it sounds to you.I was about to post to see how many have chosen the 603's over the 602's.Hope sombody jibes in.
    P.S. besides if you like the 602's why do you want to change,unless its for something better to you.

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

If you are going to the 603 S2s I wouldn't do it. There's a big difference in the voicing on the Series 2 and Series 3, so you might not like it considering how well you like the Series 3. I'd say you'd be better to keep the 602 S3s and get the sub, you'll be amazed how they sound then!
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• big G
        • Jan 2005

Thanks for the input. I have decide not to bother switching because I like
        the 602's so much. I have heard that the 603 s2's do not match the mid and upper capability and I don;t want to sacrifice any of that.
        I also just upgraded my speaker wire as it was my "weakest link" and that made a noticable difference.
        These speakers truly amaze me.
        Now to save up for a sub...

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"