Finally front three finished (603 and LCR600)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

Finally front three finished (603 and LCR600)

I finally got the lcr600 to go with my 603s3's.They sound awesome for ht.Even in stereo i have the 603s3 set to large w/sub and they are great all by themselves.I will probably get the surrounds to complete the setup early next year.Will probably get the 601s3 since they have to be wall mounted.I believe i have completed my upgradeitis for a while.I had gotten the rotel rsx1056 earlier.I've been able to do this in a matter of a cpl of months so obviously the best is yet to come when everything will be broken in.My receiver allows for 3 & 5 channel stereo and was wondering since i have the 603s3 set to large for stereo should i also set the center to large for stereo.What do you think?
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Rick,

Congratulations...

Re your question... As soon as you go 3 or 5 channel stereo the processor will digitise your 2 channel signal in order to generate the extra channels - so the "pure" benefits of your 2 channel bypass mode are gone... In which case - I'd set the speakers all to small for 3 and 5 channel stereo and try difference crossovers (60 Hz or 80 Hz for them)...

Regards

Geoff

Comment

• rick c
      • Aug 2004

Thanks, i have it set that way now.I actually have the 603s3 set at 60,as far as the other settings am i ok.Ref spks to small for ht and 603s3 in stereo set to large w/sub yes instead of no.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
        • May 2004

but the 603s should be set as large during break-in period, right? I don't think setting them as small will give the woofers any chance to exercise.

Comment

• rick c
          • Aug 2004

Are you saying i should set them to large for ht/tv instead of small.They are'nt new but are definately not broken in yet.Previous owner had them in a bedroom and rarley used them and when he did it was moderate.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"