Pioneer Elite DVC36 or Sony DVP-CX660 5 disk changers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Westly197
    • Aug 2000

Pioneer Elite DVC36 or Sony DVP-CX660 5 disk changers?

Which DVD should my friend get?
    Pioneer Elite DVC36 or Sony DVP-CX660 5 disk changers.

A friend wants to get a new 5 Disk DVD player, he has a Mitsubishi VS-50703. The VS-50703 has component video inputs but is not compatible with progressive signals.

The reason for considering the progressive Pioneer Elite is to avoid future replacement when a HDTV replaces the Mitsubishi and for video / build quality. The cost difference in the local store between the Sony DVP-CX660 and Pioneer Elite is only $50.00. He was happy with his older Pioneer except for a few features it lacked when compared to a Sony unit he has.

The reason he is considering the Sony is mainly some of the features. It has a feature that automatically picks the audio source with the most channels (5.1 over stereo or pro-logic). It also will continue from where it was stopped without having to use a memo button. He currently has an older pioneer DVD and a new Sony single disk DVD and prefers the Sony for ease of use.

He has sold both the Sony and the pioneer single disk players and will be sending them out soon, so he needs the replacement soon.

So what do you think is the better choice?

The cost on the Pioneer Elite is $400.00

Does anyone know of any Pioneer Elite dealers that do mail order at competitive prices (assuming Elite cannot be sold on the net) ?

I have some good contacts for Sony and Sony ES.

(Corrected DVP-CX860 to DVP-CX660, sorry for the error)

- Wes

My Home Theater
    - Wes

My Home Theater
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

westly, welcome to htguide.com. Did I welcome you already? :? First, my own feeling is, Elite quality far exceeds Sony standard line products. For me, the decision would be a simple one. I own the Elite DV-07 301 disc changer, and love it! It's not progressive, but for me, that wasn't an issue for now. I understand about the restart, as that is a bit annoying.

Now, regarding Elite online. I am not sure that Pioneer places those restrictions on all Elite products. Eric at Etronixs, (click banner at bottom of page), might be able to do a deal on Elite. I suggest calling them to find out. Be sure to tell Eric that you found out about him on HTGuide. As he is sitting on the fence a bit about whether to renew htguide advertising. (I know, selfish motive). But if I help you, and you help me, and Eric helps you, then we all win! Whew!

Lex

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"