X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theSven
    Master of None
    • Jan 2014

New Forum Features

The time has come to add some new features to the forum that enhance the user experience. The first new feature is that likes will now show who has liked a post. As I recall this was similar to what was available in the forum when using vBulletin 4.x. Above the area where you can like/give a thumbs up the following is now shown:

Click image for larger version

Name:	likesNewMod.png
Views:	579
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	928806

To improve the writing experience for those that are good at writing a new feature is available to expand the text editor to take up the entire window in the web browser. The button is used to expand or contract the window. Hopefully this will provide a better experience for creating content. The button is located in the upper right corner of the text editor:

Name:	maximizeEditor.png
Views:	549
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	928807
    Finally a new plugin was added that will now clear the forum cache every hour. I have noticed and you may have noticed as well that the forum can get sluggish when browsing and posting. The simple fix has been to login to the control panel to clear the cache. With this new plugin the cache is cleared every hour. I hope this clears up some of the performance issues with the sluggishness.

Enjoy!
    Painter in training
  • theSven
    Master of None
    • Jan 2014

Two more features have been implemented now on the forum. Search is now easier and doesn't take you to a new page when you search. Type in three letters minimum and results will be found. Advanced search is available to if you want to search by tag or other options.

Name:	htguide-newsearch.png
Views:	458
Size:	464.6 KB
ID:	929050
    The next feature was something I recall from vBulletin 4 where you could click on the page number of the thread to quickly get there. That is now possible again!

Name:	htguide-pagination.png
Views:	462
Size:	446.0 KB
ID:	929049
    Enjoy the new features 😉
    Painter in training

Comment

• technodanvan
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2009

Good stuff Sven, you spoil us!
      - Danny

Comment

• theSven
        Master of None
        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by technodanvan
        Good stuff Sven, you spoil us!
        Based on user feedback I have been finding mods that offer features similar to how the old forum software was. I haven't found a fix for all the feedback yet, but slowly I'm making progress. Plus a better user experience is always a plus when using a site!
        Painter in training

Comment

• JonMarsh
          Mad Max Moderator
          • Aug 2000

It's coming along nicely... the new software can be confusing- I just finally figured out TODAY how to edit my user signature!

Of course, I'm far from the sharpest stick in the drawer...
          the AudioWorx
          Natalie P
          M8ta
          Modula Neo DCC
          Modula MT XE
          Modula Xtreme
          Isiris
          Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
          Minerva Monitor
          Calliope
          Ardent D

In Development...
          Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
          Obi-Wan
          Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
          Modula PWB
          Calliope CC Supreme
          Natalie P Ultra
          Natalie P Supreme
          Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
          Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• theSven
            Master of None
            • Jan 2014

Time to add some more features to make the site easier to get around! As threads get longer wouldn't it be nice to get to the bottom to read the latest post???

Now you can get to the bottom post quickly with two different ways. The first is to use the Bottom button when in a forum channel, clicking the Bottom link takes you to the bottom of the page.

Name:	navigationBottom.png
Views:	97
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	945434

The second way to get to the bottom when reading a topic in the forum is to click on the Bottom button.

Name:	bottomButtonTopics.png
Views:	88
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	945435

As you read through posts that have many responses wouldn't it be nice to know who started the topic? Well look no further there is now a badge that will show up on the forum member who started the topic.

Name:	topicStarter.png
Views:	86
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	945436

Lastly I thought it was time to polish the HTGuide stats to make them look more presentable. I thought this was a nice enhancement that only took 5 minutes to add to the forum for us. The stats should be displaying nicely for all the themes on the website.

Name:	htguideStats.png
Views:	90
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	945437

Until next time enjoy!
            Painter in training

Comment

• technodanvan
              Super Senior Member
              • Nov 2009

Oh fancy!
              - Danny

Comment

• theSven
                Master of None
                • Jan 2014

I forgot to mention one other feature 😮. Have you ever wondered about all the topics you have started on HTGuide? I know I certainly don't have that many compared to many others on the forum that have been active for decades! Now there is a new link in the sub navigation bar called My Started Topics. Click on that link to review all the topics you started, or if you want to add to it and can't remember where it got moved to or you don't feel like searching use this.

Name:	myTopicsStarted.png
Views:	82
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	945494
                Painter in training

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"