• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drobins
    • Feb 2006

on the search to upgrade!

Hi Everyone,
    I just discovered this forum as I am on the search to upgrade,
    I am trying to decide between Rotel & Anthem (AVM 30 & MCA 50)

I had a very quick demo on anthem (1 song, no DVD demo) but the sales person wasn't interested in giving a demo on Rotel ( he suggested I wouldn't like the sound based om my list of equip below??) which I brought with me.
    I didn't push because I already mentioned to him I wasn't going to buy then & there, I was just starting my research!

My current setup is
    2 Crown CSL 460's (265 wpc)
    2 Crown Power Line 4's (165 wpc)
    Paradigm monitor 5 (L&R) CC 370 (ctr)
    ADP 450 Sides mini monitors Back surrounds
    Denon 3801 as pre-amp
    Denon 2200 DVD player

I have downloaded all manuals for rotel and was bouncing around the
    following combination ideas?

RSP 1068 & RMB 1095 or
    RSP 1068 & RMB 1075 or
    RSP 1068 & (3) RMB 1066 bridged or lastly
    RSP 1068 & RMB 1075 & RMB 1070

my concerns are:
    a) if I go with 1075 or 1066's will there be enough power?
    b) I seem to be reading a fair amount about the lack of qc, hum from the unit

on the other hand, everyone here seems to love their Rotel's!!

I use my home theatre as 50/50 movies & music (SACD, DVDA)

thanks in advance for everyones expertise!
    Dave
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

RSP 1068 and the RMB-1095, that's the way to go to get the most power and bestg sound out of your speakers out of your combinations!
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• blues651
      • Nov 2005

1068 and 1075 combo will have more than enough power for your speakers , if you plan on upgrading them in the future you may want to look at the 1095 or better yet you might want to go with a 1080 if and when you upgrade . I had my 1075 running my monitor 7'sv3 and it had more power than they could ever use, now I have it hooked up to my studio 100's bi-amped and the other channel running the cc570 and it does a really good job .

Comment

• mickster1972
        • Feb 2005

I concur...

I have the 1068/1075 combo and can concur that the 1075 should be plenty of power for you. I am running the amp to my DIY speakers, which are an MTM configuration for the front left and right, 4 ohm nominal, probably 86 dB sensititivity, with no problems from the amp in terms of power.

My Rotel dealer actually talked me out of getting the 1095, since I use a subwoofer and don't have full-range main speakers (so no need for the extra wattage to belt out the low freq.). The other speakers in the system are Infinity Alpha series, 8 ohm nominal, 88-90 dB sensitivity. One other factor to consider, in addition to speaker sensitivity, is room size and liveliness. It will take more power to make noise in a big, acoustically dead space.

If you want more power to the mains, add the RB-1080. But start with the 1075 and see how it works for you.

Good luck.
        "MMMMMMM..... Floor Pie..... Marge, where's the silver digging thing?"

-Homer

Comment

• drobins
          • Feb 2006

thanks for your feedback guys,

it looks like I will be going to do a Rotel demo this weekend!

Mickster my room is 11x22 acoustically I'm pretty happy with it. (3 rows of theatre chairs on three levels really works wonders)

I find it strange the dealer wouldn't think I would like the sound? perhaps they get a better incentive from Anthem?

Comment

• mickster1972
            • Feb 2005

Anthem and Paradigm are the same (parent) company, aren't they? Maybe he just felt that there was more synergy mating the anthem amp to your speakers? Or maybe because Anthem is a canadian company, there are no import tariffs and therefore higher margins for him to sell you Anthem gear?? Just speculation. In any event, let your ears be the judge! Have fun.
            "MMMMMMM..... Floor Pie..... Marge, where's the silver digging thing?"

-Homer

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"