X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jss
    • Aug 2005

maybe consider DIY sub-forum for FAQs?

Hi guys,
    Forgive me if I'm overstepping my bounds as this is only my 4th post and I know the forum has been doing just fine without my 2 cents. Saying that, the amount of information on this forum is amazing! I'm really learning a lot as I read. I'm a total noob so a few (okay.. most) of these discussions are way over my head.

I was just wondering if the moderators would consider creating a sub-forum for faqs. I think this would open the forum up to a larger number of people just getting into the hobby and maybe reduce the number of duplicate questions that someone like myself might ask. I've seen this on some other forums (example) where only mods can post. (Discussion of a particular faq occurs in the main forum.)

I was thinking the topics could range from the total beginner (glossary, speaker anatomy, crossover theory/design, etc.) to stuff you'd need a PhD to understand. The members have a tremendous amount of knowledge and I'm sure some of them would contribute articles. Also, existing threads could serve as faqs. (It's a shame when a great thread with tons of info gets lost in thousands of others... this happens even with a search function.)

Again forgive me if this has been discussed before... Just an idea.
    Thanks!

:T
  • Dennis H
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2002

It's been discussed but the moderators don't have time to do it. If someone else wanted to step up and copy/paste various postings into a FAQ, I'm sure it would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"