X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greg Stone
    • Aug 2000

HDTV component cables

Are HDTV component cables realy necessary for my new HDTV set, a Panasonic CT-36HX41, or will standard component cables suffice, like the ones I had used for the Colorstream inputs on my Tosh set?

I will have the Tosh SD4700 progressive scan DVD player hooked up to my new tv, once it ships, but am wondering if I really need to upgrade cables or not. A friend of mine mentioned the HDTV component cables from Monster do not drop below 75 ohm, or something like this. He was talking over my head, but it is now making me wonder if I do need them? At $89.99 a pair, and needing two sets, one from the DVD player, and then one set from my Denon 3300 to the Panasonic tv, this could get expensive quick.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Greg's DVD's
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

HDTV does have higher bandwidth requirements than NTSC. Meaning a good quality video cable is in order. Silver is performance enhancing for HDTV, IMO. There is such a thing as RGB performance enhanced coax.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"