X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boostdfd3s
    • Dec 2004

Converting DVI-I to Component?

hey every1,
    i recently built a HTPC with a radeon 9200SE for a vid card. Was banking on my 22" samsung LCD having VGA and DVI inputs but sadly that wasnt the case when i brought it home Also found out the hard way that you cannot have two High def channels in PIP because of the single tuner. But since i only have one DVI input, my next question is how to convert DVI to Component cables? Ive looked into XGI Volari video cards that natively support HDTV resolutions and come with component cables, but id like to know if theres just a converter i can buy because i cannot find the XGI card in the us.

Any help would be appreciated!
    -Zach
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Zach, we've got a good forum for HTPC issues called Tower Of Power. That's where our PC-types hang out so I'm moving this thread.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

Will your LCD accept RGB or only component (Y/Pr/Pb?) The Radeon should have a DVI-to-VGA cable with it (I know my X800 Pro did). If your LCD can accept RGB, then you can use that. Otherwise, you'll probably have to get a transcoder (a box that converts RGB/VGA to component).

It looks like you're trying to connect two sources to the Samsung? What's the other source (besides the HTPC)?

Comment

• boostdfd3s
        • Dec 2004

My LCD will only accept DVI, no RGB/VGA. My radeon was a 9200, and since it was a lower card it didnt come with any adaptors. The card itself has a DVI and VGA head on it.

Im trying to connect my HTPC as well as my regular everyday computer. Bought the LCD to save desk space and as an all-in-one solution.

Comment

• Kevin P
          • Aug 2000

So you're trying to connect two PCs to your monitor then? How about a DVI switcher? Do both PCs have DVI outs?

Comment

• boostdfd3s
            • Dec 2004

Yes they do, but i was hoping to have a dedicated port on the LCD for both. Im a lazy bastard and want to use one remote only

If it comes down to it, ill end up buying a higher ATI video card and the DVI-component adaptor, but there has to be a generic converter out there.

Comment

• Kevin P
              • Aug 2000

Check out the 9A60 VGA to Component Video converter here: http://www.pacificcable.com/More_Pag...Converter.html

It's $108 and converts VGA to component.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"