X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clive
    Former Moderator
    • Jan 2002

Second Sub

I am also considering adding a second Sub-woofer to to gear. Could some-one/any-one tell me the best way to split the signal to both subs and also how the at what level/frequency to calibrate woofers which are not of the same size. A 10" and 15"

Thanks.

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
    CLIVE

• Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

UC while its possible to mix a 10" with a 15" I'm not sure its all that advisable given what are you trying to gain? Almost all the suggestions I've ever seen on doubling up subs is to make then as identical as possible in order to get the most benefits from it. I'd suggest you'd be better off with a single large (better) sub then two mismatched ones. For example you would likely be better off with say a sub like mine and a good power amp vs your 10 and 15 in the same room. Just a thought.

PS I'm coming to Ontario at the end of Feb. (Port Hope and Peterbourgh)

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

It would be extremely difficult to calibrate equal output from 2 subs with drivers differing so much in size. The 15" would be operating just above idle and the 10" would be running at or above safe operating limits

theAudioWorx
      Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Uncle Clive
        Former Moderator
        • Jan 2002

Thanks guys! I was hoping to keep and use my sub. I listened to the servo-15 again today and I think I will be going for it. However, I was hoping to still use my sub. ops:

P.S. Andrew, You'd still be about two hrs away but would be nice to meet, send me via email your details I could use some good critism :LOL: and maybe answer some questions I am afraid to ask about my HT

CLIVE

CLIVE

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I'll let you know when I know what my schedual looks like for those days. I'm not sure how much time I'll have between meetings and seeing my family.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"