X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • schnauser
    • May 2007

Upconversion confusion

Question: I watch SD DVDs on a 42" 1080p display. what type of player offer better upconversion (will show best), an SD upcoverting player via HDMI (Oppo 981) or an HD player (Toshiba HD-XA2)? At half the price, the oppo seems the obvious choice, but what am I missing here? thanks for the input.
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by schnauser
    Question: I watch SD DVDs on a 42" 1080p display. what type of player offer better upconversion (will show best), an SD upcoverting player via HDMI (Oppo 981) or an HD player (Toshiba HD-XA2)? At half the price, the oppo seems the obvious choice, but what am I missing here? thanks for the input.
    well the XA2 does play HD DVDs so its miles better then the oppo. As fare as SD DVD upconversion the XA2 has been compared to the best. I would choose the XA2 over any SD DVD player on the planet...any day.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"