Introducing the Quadcat S-video AND new Component Tigress!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Introducing the Quadcat S-video AND new Component Tigress!

The newest for the CAT Cables lineup.

I give you:

The Quadcat S-video

It features not 1 silver covered coax run, but FOUR runs for each cable. Most cable manufacturers use the wire mesh sheathing for the second contact point on an S-video connection. But since there's 4 connections, at a minimum for single conductor coax it takes 2 runs of coax to make an S-video. Well, in the tradition of CAT NOT using the sheathing or a drain wire for ANY connection, I developed the Quadcat. Simply, gold plated contacts, heavy duty gold plated contact shell tip, black anodized metal barrel, and 4 runs of CAT's popular Silver Etched high resolution video coax. It's not on the web site yet, but it is in my system right now. Look for it to be on the website by weekend's end, I hope.

Thanks for reading,
    Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • pf
    • Oct 2000

Great looking cable. Doug I think you out do yourself again.

Well, I know where to look when I get ready to yank that Monster cable underneath my HT room carpet.

PF

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Thanks Po-ming. The Quad came out even more beautiful than I had hoped. I love this cable!

But what's more important, it offers a degree of video noise protection that is nearly unparalleled in the A/V industry. Show me another manufacturer running 4 runs of 75 ohm coax for ONE S-Video, and I will eat the paper this post is written on. (Gulp) Thank goodness it's not written on paper, lol. Most use a drain wire, or the braided shield for grounding. At CAT? We just don't do it that way. :B

Cable Guy DVD Collection
      Doug

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Ok, thats it. Unitized body, double runs of silver etched 75 ohm coax, locking barrels, and very well color keyed.

Cable Guy DVD Collection
        Doug

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Also, if you guys think of a better name for this than big cat, or should it inherit the tigress name and the other tigress goes away? I haven't sold any of the other component cables, so maybe that should be the new sub cable, and forget individual component cables? Your input appreciated!

Thanks,
          Lex
          Doug

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I'd drop the seperate component cables and just use the new one. If people want seperate calbe shtey can simply order 3 coax cables easily enough on the site. BTW these look great.

Comment

• Bing Fung
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Aug 2000

Very nicely made and detailed Lex! Specifically the component cords.

I love my Canares, but could be swayed :W

Bing
              Bing

Comment

• Ken McDaniel
                • Aug 2000

The Quad looks great. I love to see a good plan come together.

Ken
                Ken

Comment

• Ken McDaniel
                  • Aug 2000

The Quad looks great. I love to see a good plan come together.

Ken
                  Ken

Comment

• Lex
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Apr 2001

Thanks Bing Andrew and Ken.

Andrew, you got your wish, the new cable is now the Tigress. I also made a few changes to the main page, I think it looks pretty nice, ymmv.

Cable Guy DVD Collection
                    Doug

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"