X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

RIP : James Brown 12-25-2006

Good ol James Brown has left us on Christmas Day.
    Passing away at 73 from heart failure.

B&W
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Wow. The hardest workin' man in show biz has finally gone on to the big stage. Rest in peace Mr. Brown.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Yes, very sad. The Godfather of Soul!
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• chinets
        • Jun 2005

We will miss him tremendously!! :angel:

Let the Father of SOUL rest in peace! :cry:

Will miss his dancing feet too..What a show man! :T :dancenana:

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Even though he was ill, he had a planned performance for New Years.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Dang! He was in town for a show ~6 months ago and I wanted to go but the tickets were too much $$$...I kept thinking "how many more chances will I get to see him"....now it's too late.... another great we've lost
            Jason

Comment

• bigburner
              Super Senior Member
              • May 2005

My favourite album of his is "Live at the Apollo, Vol. II" and my favourite song of his is "It's a Man's Man's Man's World" off that album.

If you don't know James Brown's music then listen to that one song off that album. An MP3 download would do nicely for this purpose.

Coincidentally my wife gave me his "Live at Chastain Park" DVD for Christmas. Spooky.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

This guy over at a photo forum did a smudged print work of Mr. Brown that I think is a nice tribute to James Brown. I was never well, a fan, but I understand the meaning of what he did, his tenure as Soul's number one, and his importance to music in general. RIP James Brown. This print work is by Ray Guselli, and copyright by him as well I would think.

Well, it was an original photo by someone else, so they'd hold copyright on that, Ray just did the mods to the photo, giving it true artistic value.

Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Azeke
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2003

I use to go see him at the Howard Theater when I was a child. He perfomances were electrifing, I would be in the front row, I was around 12 years old then. You may now finally rest Godfather, our prayers are with you.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• H.Donald
                    • Aug 2004

There is something to be said for an original...which Mr Brown was.To watch Michael Jackson ,Usher or Prince dance,you see the influence of James Brown.

He was an icon and living legend...may he rest in peace.

Comment

• chasw98
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Jan 2006

True Story

Many years ago in the 80's, I ran a night club in Aspen, CO. James Brown was doing a show that evening. My wife came by after work before the show and had just given blood at the local bloodbank. She was feeling faint and her arm started to bleed from the needle and getting blood on her sweater. James took her backstage, sat her down in his dressing room, called in his seamstress and proceeded to have her clean up my wife's sweater while he sat with her laying down resting till she felt good enough to get up and go home. I'm sure he had his problems, but I will always remember his kindness that afternoon.

I FEEL GOOD!

like I knew that I would.. (Trumpets in the background)

Chuck

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"