X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Brad Pitt's Jesse James not what many may expect

I was watching the entertainment portion of the early morning news and there was some discussion about The Assasination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford. The reviewer warned viewers that if you liked what you saw in 3:10 To Yuma ( lots of guns and action) you may not like Jesse James. Apparently this is a long ( 2hrs 45 mins ) film that lacks action. It is more about character , two in this case: Jesse James ( Brad Pitt ) and Robert Ford ( Casey Afleck). Now this won't bother me a bit because I not only love westerns, but I love character-driven movies. In this case, Jesse James is portrayed with all his warts showing, which leads Robert Ford from an awed fan, to one who becomes disenchanted, leading to the title of the film.

This film is getting a lot of Oscar buzz already. I'm really looking forward to seeing it.
    My Homepage!
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

sounds interesting George. It has to be about more than just shoot em up to survive as a western today.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Heard a review by Bob Mondello yesterday on the way home from work.
      A critic who is not easily impressed, he was V pleased and recommended it highly for those of us who don’t need pyrotechnics and T&A every ten minutes to make a movie appealing.
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Fred333
        • Oct 2007

From the reviews and previews that I have seen the movie does seem like a character movie. Sometimes you need that though. To escape into someone else's life for awhile.
        Always looking for a Scranton Web Design company.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"