This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tommy
    • Dec 2006

Thank you for the info! Greatly appreciated.
    I shall look into this model and give it an audition.

Comment

• 06 TRed GTO
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MichiganMike
      I recently purchased a Belkin PureAV PF60. It was effective in reducing a minor hum in my system and my initial impression is my Panasonic Plasma displays less visible noise in dark scenes with purer blacks. However, when I plugged my Parasound power amps (A21 and A51) into the PF60 through the bank for power amps the sound was constrained. In particular, bass notes lacked some of the typical punch. When the power amps were plugged directly into a wall outlet while other components remained plugged into the PF60, the sound was much more dynamic.

The PF 60 indicated the power amp bank required about 5 amps at my normal listening levels with both the A21 and A51 plugged in. I was initially concerned that the Parasounds might trip the circuit breaker on the PF60, but did not find this to be a problem in a brief trial.

Real Power Amps (A21,A51)are not made to plug into surge protectors they are designed to run on there own pluged rite into the wall.

So how does it sound with your preamp and source plugged into it?

Spec's mean pretty much nothing! for picture or sound :roll:
      Enginered Design is way more important. :T

Comment

• MichiganMike
        • Mar 2004

Real Power Amps (A21,A51)are not made to plug into surge protectors they are designed to run on there own pluged rite into the wall.

So how does it sound with your preamp and source plugged into it?
        To my ear the audio seemed slightly constrained and lifeless when the Parasound C2 was plugged into the Belkin, although less so than when the power amps were also plugged into the Belkin. I now have my Parasound C2 preamp processor plugged into an isolation transformer which is plugged into the wall rather than the Belkin power conditioner. My plasma monitor, DVD player, cable tuner and CD player are plugged into the Belkin. This seems to provide the best audio quality for my system. Background noise level is low on both audio and video. Sound is more dynamic and natural. This is a very subjective assessment. Your experience may vary.

Comment

• nayr
          • Jun 2005

Does anybody know of a cheap power sequencer? I don't see how a few relays and a timer double the cost of these damn line conditioners :roll:

Comment

• Glen B
            Super Senior Member
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by nayr
            Does anybody know of a cheap power sequencer? I don't see how a few relays and a timer double the cost of these damn line conditioners :roll:
            The Belkin PF-60 will do power sequencing with two methods of remote triggering. Delay options are individually programmable on each of the 6 rear outlet banks. The unit can be had online for $217.00. For that price you also get noise filtration, overvoltage and surge protection, all in a handsome package -- all icing on the cake. I recently upgraded from a PF-30 to the PF-60 primarily for the remote triggering/delayed turn-on features.

Attached Files

Comment

• nayr
              • Jun 2005

I'm looking at that, but it's more then I want to pay for a simple sequencer. It's also harder to find and more expensive in Canada (Amazon won't ship here).

I almost got a Rotel conditioner that did sequencing for $100, but got sniped on ebay at the last second. I really can't believe that there's no device that does power-up sequencing for around $100

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"