X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmwalsh
    • Jan 2006

Marantz dvd-6400 universal player

anyone else heard of this problem: on DTS tracks only, I've recently started hearing odd noises- clicks, pops, etc. At first I thought it was the disk (WOTW) but then did Shrek and a few others and same thing. Some even worse!
    I also just had my pio elite vsx-26 in for servicing: replaced dsp chipset. I had heard about those problems and that it was just a matter of time. Well, my time came up I guess. Brought it back home and same bad noises. Rather than risk speaker injury, NO MORE DTS until I figure this out.
    I can sub in another dvd player and check but just wondered if anyone else with the marantz ever noticed this.
    Thanks all.
  • tmwalsh
    • Jan 2006

it appears the receiver is still the culprit. swapped in another dvd player, cued up 3 DTS disks, and each one put out a HORRIFIC sound. I couldn't hit Stop fast enough! Back to the shop for you, vsx26. :evil:

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Bummer!!

Too bad all repairs are not performed with the Hippocratic philosophy of 'First and foremost, Do No Harm'.
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• tmwalsh
        • Jan 2006

aint that the truth...

Comment

• locomk
          • Dec 2005

since you have a marantz universal player with 5.1 analog outs, than most likely the marantz has a built in dts decoder. if you hookup your dvd player's analog out's to your receiver (same as a multi channel sacd configuration) than you can leave your receiver in the analog external in mode and let your marantz do the dts decoding. if you look on the back of your receiver, there is a vertical set of inputs called external decoder. all you need is 6 rca cables.

Comment

• tmwalsh
            • Jan 2006

I hadn't thought about that. I do have the rca's already as I have a handful of dvd-a and sacd....didn't think about the dts possibility. Still stinks the thing doesn't work exactly as it should with digital. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Comment

• locomk
              • Dec 2005

Hopefully it will work

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"