X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt Broeska
    • Nov 2000

marantz receivers and tosh players

hey guys n' gals,

so some of you have read my thread here about my new setup with the marantz sr6200. i also mentioned in there that i had a problem with the audio dropping out when menus start up or when skipping from chapter to chapter. this past saturday, i brought my dvd player to creative audio where i bought my receiver (much easier than taking home a new 6200) and we hooked it up and tested out for audio delays with t2:ue. this disc i found to be the most noticeable since every piece of the menu has audio. well, with my 2109, the audio still dropped out. it's most noticeable if you look at the display of the reciever and see that the speaker indicator lights are off for about a half second to a second before the audio kicks in.

so after that we hooked up a new tosh 3750. same problem, only this time the audio took 1 to 2 seconds to come back on. this was surprising, but now we thought that it might be the receiver. i was still kinda sure that it was the dvd player (maybe it was more of a hope than anything).

third test... hook up a marantz dvd player to the marantz receiver. menus start up... no audio drop out. movie starts and the titles switch from dd logo to movie... no audio drop out. we tried skipping chapters... only a slight quarter second drop out. barely noticeable.

this has me much relieved 'cause it's much less a hassle to get a new player in a few months and live with the audio problems than to find a new marantz that's problem free, unhook mine, bring it back, rehook up the new one, etc...

just thought some people on the forum would like to know.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Well, at least you figured it out Matt, so you know the solution.

Congrats on reaching 100 posts too!

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Interesting problem...if the marantz is problem free the panasonics should be as well given they are very similar in design (used to be clones but not sure any more)

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"