X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tomek
    • Oct 2003

RSP-1098 DTS 96/24

I just got the RSP-1098, and I am currently evaluating it. I've noticed that DTS 96/24 decoding seems to be a problem. The audio drops out about every second. I'm using high end Marantz DVD player (DV-12S1) with a good digital coax interconnect. Is anybody else experiencing this problem with the 1098?
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

I justed tested the Queen DVD-Audio A Night at the Opera which has DTS 96/24 and experience no problems at all on my 1098. THe signal is recognized correctly and sounds great. I have the 1.1.4 firmware and not the newer firmware. I only use a 5.1 setup (even 5.0 since I use no subwoofer).

Comment

• Tomek
      • Oct 2003

Thanks Scarp. I'll have to try another disc perhaps. I was trying the Frank Zappa "Holloween". I really doubt it would be the DVD player, but there could be some incompatibility of Marantz and Rotel's 1098. Which player are you using?

Comment

• Scarp
        • Mar 2003

I'm using an Onkyo DV-SP800 player (based on the Pioneer 747 player).

Comment

• Tomek
          • Oct 2003

Problem reslved! I reset the DVD player's settings to factory original, and DTS96/24 now works fine and it sounds great. Scarp, thanks for confirming that this was not an issue with the 1098.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"