X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teacher
    • Jan 2006

Thanks to all! Fixed the blue!

I have a Sony WEGA TV with component jacks and have tried three different DVD players and two different sets of component cables, but still get a blue picture... I am now wondering if it is the TV... Has anyone else experienced this, or am I just too novice? Thanks for any input.
    Trey
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Trying different sources and cables would make me think it may be the TV. Most likely though it not a faulty input but a setting in the player or TV that needs to be switched.

Ie: if it's a SDTV, you'll need to ensure the DVD player is outputting a 480i signal, not 480p for example.
    Jason

Comment

• cuda65
      • Feb 2005

You might want to make sure your input selection is right on your TV. Take a look at your manual if you have it. Or look to Sony's website. Good luck.
      Doug

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

Unhook all but the Y (green) cable. You should get a black & white picture.

Then connect the Pr (red) cable. You should get reds in the picture.

Disconnect the red and connect the blue (Pb) cable. You should get blues in the picture.

If you get no picture at all with just the Y connected, make sure it's connected to the correct (green) jacks on both ends.

If reds are blue and blues are red, the Pr and Pb cables are reversed.

If connecting either the Pr or the Pb yields no change, then the issue is with that cable, TV input, or output on the dvd player.

What brand of dvd player is it? Some have menu settings or a switch on the back to enable component video output. If it's set wrong, you may get incorrect color from the component video.

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

good post Kevin.
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Teacher
            • Jan 2006

Thanks to all, fixed it!

It was an option in the menu of player that had to be switched to component...

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"