X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Toshiba 57H84 blue gun failure

My father-in-law had Best Buy come out and look at his TV after it died. He was told the blue CRT failed and he needs a new TV because parts are not available.
    The TV is only about 3 years old. When I lost a CRT (bad input) on my Mits , I just lost that gun's contribution-the whole set didn't die. As he is in Arizona and I'm in Ohio I can't see what it's doing in person. The whole deal smells fishy to me. I think he should find a repair service that doesn't sell new TVs. Any input or opinions? Any help would be appreciated. He doesn't even have cable or internet. This TV was his one treat in life and I really hate to see him lose it by getting screwed over. Thanks.
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3
  • Johnloudb
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2007

I'm certainly not an expert on this, but rear projection tv's need to have their CTR bulbs replaced occasionally, since they burn out. We bought a Sony rear projection recently. And, they will eventually need replacement. I assume the bulbs would still be available. Maybe he should contact Toshiba's service department. They would most likely have replacements? I'd hope.
    John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

Toshiba says discontinued , but offers a direct replacement # 23078362 for the 23078434. Funny that BB couldn't find that out.
      I probably should have thought of contacting Toshiba directly. (Duh!) Thanks!
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Johnloudb
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2007

Sure, glad I could help.
        John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"