X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolyasm
    • Dec 2004

No DTS from Denon-link?

My buddy has a Denon 3805. It is hooked up to his DVD by the Denon link. When he puts in DTS material, the receiver won't pick up the signal. When he selects DTS nothing comes out of the speakers. Does he still have to run the analogue cables? I thought Denon Link and those other brands (i-link) took care of all sound and negated further cables. It says it works for SACD and DVDA. Any thoughts? I had him hook up the analogue cables and now he has sound. Is this typical?
    Roly
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I would assume it work for DD/DTS as well but perhaps it's only setup to transmit the two high-res audio formats....?

If nothing else, all he has to connect is a digital coax or optical (toslink) cable to send the DD/DTS signal digitally to the 3805
    Jason

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

He may need to configure the 3805 to allow DTS via DenonLink. Has he read the owner's manual? Admittedly, Denon has the worst written of them all, which doesn't help things.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"