X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLA
    • Mar 2005

HDMI>DVI Gender Benders

My Mitsubishi HDTV Model # WS-55315 has only a DVI input not a HDMI...my cable company has issued new boxes that have only HDMI whereas the current has only DVI which I use. I plug in my DVI cable and it reads as the "Monolink" though I do have a DTV input (no used). so here are my questions.

1. If I use the gender bender yet still go through monolink as opposed to DTV do I gain anything?

2. Will I still get audio through my optical connection should I use a gender bender?

3. Or should I be using my DTV input all along with component connections and just be done with the DVI all together?
    If you like loud bass, check out my songs.
    DLA Songs
  • DLA
    • Mar 2005

Doing some checking...

Since posting above I did find some more up to date info regrading my questions. I should stick to the DVI with Optical audio for now...a gender bender from an HDMI output to a HDMI to DVI bender then back to the DVI input will reduce my quality...or so I read http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...s-11-2004.html and
    Learn the differences between DVI, HDMI and Component video cables. Found out which is better.

As for the DTV Vs. the Monolink...I believe I read that the Monolink is a DVI/HDCP.
    If you like loud bass, check out my songs.
    DLA Songs

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"