X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ric
    • Apr 2005

help pls on un upgrade!!!

Hi!

im currently planning to upgrade my system in terms of POWER. i was hopping if you guys could help me out decide, im planning to purcase amps, and a pre/pro.

im deciding on 3 amps, NAD t973 140Wx7, ROTEL 1080/1075, and an ATI 1800 series.

could you help me decide on which amp to go with, considering dynamics, neutralness, tightness of bass, soundstage, and warmness. to be used at 70%/30% music/movies.

any suggestions to for a fine reciver to be used as a pre/pro, if my budget dosent allow me?

thank you so much.
    Last edited by Ric; 02 May 2005, 18:21 Monday. Reason: wrong title
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

What speakers do you own, what's your room like and what sort of sound do you like (Warm vs bright etc)

Comment

• Ric
      • Apr 2005

im planning on an enery Connoisseur series starting with the c-9 towers for front or bw 600 v3 series starting of with the 604 towers for front.

i like warm sound specially for 2 chl listening.

my room is on a small to medium size room.
      Last edited by Ric; 02 May 2005, 19:53 Monday. Reason: lack of info

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

If you like warm Nad may be your ticket but I quite enjoy my Rotel/Energy C-9 setup for it's neutrality, best advice is to listen to both and pick what's best for you

(See my profile for equipment list)
        Jason

Comment

• Ric
          • Apr 2005

actually, i like the looks of the c-9 for my room together with the rotel, all black and silver, but i recently rread a review stating the it lacks on voice clarity or imagery.
          can you tell me more abt it?

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

The C9's or the Rotel gear?!?

The biggest things I noticed between the B&W's and the Energy C's was that the Energy's seened to be a more front hall where the B&W's were more mid hall the B&W's had a smal touch better/different soundstage but the Energy's had a better tweeter IMO just as airy but less spitty/aggressive. Other than that there's no lack of clarity but the soundtage is very, VERY slightly less deep.
            Jason

Comment

• Ric
              • Apr 2005

i agree to that tweeter thing!!!
              pls correct me if im wrong but based from how i understood it, the C-9's are the ones with a slightly less soundstage? is that correct? would that be compared to the 604's i mentioned? how about the mids, how did you compare them?

ooops? just came into my mind, what do you think if the B&W's were powered by a warm NAD system? Hmmmmm!!!

Comment

• Ric
                • Apr 2005

by the way, its the C-9's that are said to be lacking in imagery or mid clarity...

just dont know what amp powers it during that time.

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Well like I said I've never found my C9's to be lacking in clarity. The soundtage isn't neccessarily worse, it's just not as deep, like your sitting closer to the front of the hall but it's not glaringly different from the 604's soundtage, very subtle. Same with the midrange, the 604's midrange is subtley fuller but I still found the C's tweeter to make enough of an improvement over the 604's to move it past the 604's for me. In other words, for me, the 604's tweeter was more of a detriment than the C's SLIGHTLY smaller midrange/soundstage.
                  Jason

Comment

• aud19
                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2003

You have a listen to them?
                    Jason

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"