X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

FYI - Deacon is now Preacherman

One of our members, Deacon, recently attained priesthood, and had his member name changed to Preacherman. So if you're looking for his posts or sending private messages to him, look for/address them to Preacherman instead of Deacon.

Congratulations Preacherman!
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Congratulations on your spiritual promotion.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
      • Jan 2002

From a Deacon to a Preacherman. He was already a priest.

Congratulations!

Comment

• Bent
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2003

Congrats Deacon.

Heres' a question a bit off topic (at least from this thread), but what is the difference between a Reverend and a Priest? (no, it's not a riddle, I am actually wondering).

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Bent
          Congrats Deacon.

Heres' a question a bit off topic (at least from this thread), but what is the difference between a Reverend and a Priest? (no, it's not a riddle, I am actually wondering).
          The difference is usually associated with the type of religion, but I believe both terms are synomonous. I.E. Priests are associated with Catholicism, and Reverends are associated with Baptist, both are ordained, this is just one example.

Hope this helps,

Azeke
          Last edited by Azeke; 16 March 2005, 16:16 Wednesday.

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Congratulations Preacherman. It's nice to see someone still following a spiritual path in these days.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Preacherman
              • Jan 2004

Thank you all. I had mulled around the name Reverend, but after further consideration (thanks Doug) I went with something a little lighter.

Deacon has these basic definitions:

1- A cleric ranking just below a priest in the Anglican, Eastern Orthodox, and Roman Catholic churches.

2- Protestant layperson who assists the minister in various functions.

Preacher :

1- One who preaches, especially one who publicly proclaims the gospel for an occupation.

Minister

1- One who is authorized to perform religious functions in a Christian church, especially a Protestant church.

Basically Reverend, Preacher, Minister, Priest, and so on are all Clergy. They mean about the same thing, just different religions appoint different jobs to some.

Again Thanks for your kind word and support....and look with this post I am a Senior Member....sweeeeet
              Bruce

Individuality - Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

This ol' world could use more people like you, Preacherman. Congrats.
                My Homepage!

Comment

• Uncle Clive
                  Former Moderator
                  • Jan 2002

Again "Congratulations" stay focused and lead.
                  CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"