X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingpin
    • Jun 2006

FYI. Dayton RS 12" Sub on sale at PE

Just an FYI for anybody considering this driver.
    On sale at PE until Monday 4pm for $100.

Mike
    Call me "MIKE"
    "PROJECT OVERKILL" :B:B -WWMTMSS- :B:B
    "PROJECT OVERKILL" is now the :B:B "mini-me's" :B:B
    CLICK HERE TO SEE PROJECT OVERKILL
    CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL MY BUILD PICS
    "PROJECT OVERKILL" IS GOING UNDER THE KNIFE. :B :B "mini-me's :B :B !!
    Dual sealed 18" Mach-5 ixl 18.4 subs
  • dwk
    • Apr 2005

Of course this happens when I'm gone for the weekend. Still have a few hours to pull the trigger, though.

Has anyone here used these basically as woofers in a 3-way? On paper it looks like it will be no problem crossed at 200-250, but I haven't seen first-hand reports of anyone that has done so. Looking at 2 cu ft sealed for music only. I'm currently using Seas L26's which sound great, but since the RS12HF models *very* close to the Seas, I could drop the Dayton in and get ~4x the Vd and I'd guess that at a ~200Hz xover I wouldn't be giving anything up sonically.

Comment

• Amphiprion
      • Apr 2006

You people are horrible, horrible influences.

Mine's on its way.

It's funny how I fretted for months over buying my first $125 Shiva driver, now I drop a benji on a whim. I better get employed soon.

Comment

• BillPhillips
        • Jul 2006

So what enclosure do you plan to use? How about the similarly priced also on sale, 2.0 cubic foot DAYTON SWC-2 for $115?

Comment

• Amphiprion
          • Apr 2006

This is for a different kind of project. Something secret. Good thing is, all I need for it is a board with a hole in it

Comment

• Hank
            Super Senior Member
            • Jul 2002

Oh, so this is for your secret Mother-of-All Subs, eh, El Nino? Okay, bring the driver to Austin and I'll route a slab of MDF for it. And you'd better get some job interviews while you're in town. :W

Comment

• Amphiprion
              • Apr 2006

Mother-of-all subs? Hardly This is all R&D right now. You wanna see mother of all subs, just wait til Deon sends me his 18" sub for me to Ebay for him so he doesn't have to move it to Cali. My Dad's swinging by Indiana on his way to Arkansas on Friday and will be picking up a bunch of Deon's stuff for me to Ebay for him so he doesn't have to pack it up and take it with.

BTW, applied for a embedded systems designer position at a local firm here in BCS. They're an electrochemistry type company that specializes in fuel cells, so maybe I'll get to hook up my embedded controllers to something that could potentially blow up as a result Sounds like the type of job I might like. If I don't get it (and that's a real likelihood in a town with, oh, about 1000 engineering graduates every spring), I'll probably start looking in Austin again.

Comment

• Hank
                Super Senior Member
                • Jul 2002

...maybe I'll get to hook up my embedded controllers to something that could potentially blow up as a result Sounds like the type of job I might like.
                Yes it does, after observing your table saw technique that's completely devoid of safety precautions. 8O

Comment

• Amphiprion
                  • Apr 2006

Keep it up Hank, and I'll just make Rich my new best friend Him being an EMT it might work out well

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"