X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EAmin
    • Aug 2004

20A dedicated circuits in my HT

I'm looking into putting in several dedicated 20A circuits. I need some help deciding how many dedicated circuits I need. I will have 4 amps including 2 sub amplifiers --- see below.

(1) Rotel RB-1090: 380 X 2, Power Consumption: 800 Watts
    (1) Rotel RMB-1095: 200 X 5 Power Consumption: 800 Watts
    (2) Velodyne DD-15: 1250 watts RMS(3000 Peak)

I'm thinking I should have a dedicated 20A circuit for each --- a total of four. Is this overkill? Please help! Thanks!
    Last edited by EAmin; 24 February 2005, 02:50 Thursday. Reason: Correcting power consumption on Rotels
  • Adz
    • Jan 2004

Since the difference in cost between 3 or 4 should be negligible, you might as well put in 4 (even if its overkill right now).
    Adz

Comment

• whoaru99
      • Jul 2004

I think it would be a bit of overkill. Those watt rating are likely at full continuous power. Not trying to be sarcastic, but do you often run your system at full power playing a continuous tone?

Two dedicated 20A circuits is probably quite enough, IMHO.
      There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• mitch57
        • Nov 2004

The power rating specifications on both the Rotel amps are incorrect. They are actually only rated at an average and not continuous power consumption of 800 Watts. Read all about here:

Mitch
        :stupidpc:

Comment

• EAmin
          • Aug 2004

Really appreciate the help guys! I think will probably just do two then for the HT. I can plug my two Rotels into one, and my two subs into the other.

My electrician is going allow for the box to house up to five dedicated circuits if I need them. So, I can always add more later. I know I'll need one more for a future two-channel system in my living room.

Thanks again!

Comment

• Fife
            • Apr 2004

Get one dedicated outlet for each large amp and sub so that would mean 4. Get another 1 or 2 more dedicated outlets (15A is sufficient) for your digital and analog sources since its only wire costs while you are installing dedicated outlets in your room already.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"