X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Claude D D
    • Jan 2003

New HT Room up and Running

Yesterday my livingroom had a 27" Sony and my secondary HT gear in place.Today I've been givin' er and have got my SP4805 projo and Rotel rig up and running.I have much to tidy up but it won't take long. :T
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Claude D D; 30 August 2004, 22:56 Monday. Reason: new projo added
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Looking Good! :E :T

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Go Claude, go! That's looking really nice - you should be proud. :yesnod:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Bam!
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2004

Really sweet! :T

You`ve got a pretty sweet masking system there it seems....
        Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• Uncle Clive
          Former Moderator
          • Jan 2002

NICE AND NEAT, GREAT SETUP, NICE GEAR MY HAT'S OFF TO YOU MATE! :righton:

BTW, WAS THAT THE CANADIAN SWIM WINNER??
          CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• Claude D D
            • Jan 2003

The thing about going into HT withdrawl and getting your room up so fast is that you have to unhook it all when you go to repaint the room.Going from my old room with black carpet,black ceiling and dark walls to a lighter colored room really shows how much of a dramatic change in the contrast ratio(for the worse)takes place.Nothing a couple of gallons of paint and a few hours can't take care of.

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Claude, are you using a "phantom" center channel arrangement, or is that subwoofer-ish looking speaker actually a CC? Hehe, good luck on the painting (never one of my favorite pasttimes).

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Very very nice Claude :T

Comment

• Claude D D
                  • Jan 2003

Hey David,the center channel speaker is sitting on top of the subwoofer.

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Hmmm, maybe I need to fiddle with my brightness and contrast a bit, eh? 8O

Comment

• John Holmes
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

Very nice looking! Sweet setup.
                      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                        • Sep 2001

Originally posted by Claude D D
                        Hey David,the center channel speaker is sitting on top of the subwoofer.
                        Originally posted by DavidMeek
                        Hmmm, maybe I need to fiddle with my brightness and contrast a bit, eh?
                        Get real close to your monitor and squint. :>) Upon closer inspection, the outline of the center speaker as well as end panel and product ID badge reflections are faintly visible without adjusting the monitor's controls. I'll admit that I didn't notice the center speaker as a separate entity in the picture until I saw Claude's comment quoted above and did what I described in mny first sentence. (Now my eyes hurt.) :>)

BTW-- having another speaker on top of the sub may not be such a great idea in the long run, depending on how much bass the sub puts out and how sturdily the other speaker is braced. The sub could eventually shake a connection loose on the other speaker, perhaps making you think it is defective when it "fails".

If the sub really shakes the other speaker a lot, it might eventually do some real damage to the speaker on top. If you have to keep the sub in that center location with the other speaker on top of it, if you haven't done so already, you might want to put a dense foam pad or other vibration control device beween the two speakers. (Sorry, I can't squint hard enough to see if a pad is already there.) :>)

Burke

PS -- Having gone from a slightly off-white wall to a matte black wall behind my projection screen, I agree with you completely regarding the dramatic difference for the better the darker color makes -- well worth the cost of the paint and the time it takes to apply it!

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• David Meek
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Burke
                          Get real close to your monitor and squint. :>) Upon closer inspection, the outline of the center speaker as well as end panel and product ID badge reflections are faintly visible without adjusting the monitor's controls. I'll admit that I didn't notice the center speaker as a separate entity in the picture until I saw Claude's comment quoted above and did what I described in mny first sentence. (Now my eyes hurt.) :>)
                          Now that I'm home and on a better monitor, I can make out the CC. :

Comment

• jimmyp58
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Aug 2003

Congrats on a very nice looking setup!

Jim
                            jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Claude D D
                              • Jan 2003

BTW-- having another speaker on top of the sub may not be such a great idea in the long run, depending on how much bass the sub puts out and how sturdily the other speaker is braced. The sub could eventually shake a connection loose on the other speaker, perhaps making you think it is defective when it "fails".
                              It shouldn't be a problem Burke.The DEf Tech center and sub are both built like tanks and I have Black Diamond Racing cones under the center speaker.
                              I've got my distances and levels dialed in and the system sounds better in this room than my old room.And I haven't even started to play with any acoustic panels yet. :T

Comment

• jimmyp58
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Aug 2003

Def Techs sound awesome matched up with Rotel gear (well, lots of other gear too!).

Jim
                                jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Elmac
                                  • Apr 2004

Very Nice And Clean Good Looking Setup
                                  Elmac
                                  All HT Signals Processed by D2 for Ultimate Experience

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
                                    • Sep 2003

No Def tech sub cabinet shakes/vibrates, even when pounding away, so no worries there. They are all indeed, -tanks-

Claude we have many of the same components, some deftechs, 4805, some rotel...

:T

awesome setup

I watched 2 movies yesterday, and every single time I fire the system up, I cannot get over how good this projectors PQ is. Its worth double what paid IMO. And the sonic difference the Halo gear made... :B

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
                                    GameTracker -My List-
                                    Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"