X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Claude D D
    • Jan 2003

Who's has an HD source on their Projo?

Who all is running an HD source on their projo and if so what and how do you like it.
    I've got a Shaw Cable Motorola DCT6200 HD receiver running to my X1.I've had it for 2 days and aside from the lack of programing I have a hard time prying myself away from watch HD shows.

I feel upgradeitis setting in.Now I want too get a higher res projo.DVD's didn't really give up much resolution to hi-res projo's.But it is sure noticable on HD programs.I might just have to splurge and get that Sanyo PLV-Z2 this fall.
    Last edited by Claude D D; 06 May 2004, 02:17 Thursday. Reason: spelling correction
  • LEVESQUE
    • Oct 2002

I have the Star Choice DSR-500 for HD.

The picture is absolutely STUNNING on my JVC HX-1U on my 110'' screen. 8O

Sitting at 7' (no screen door effect or pixelation with a 3 chip LCOS) from this big screen in HD is unbelievable... :E

It's really like looking through a window.

I'm dreaming of those elusive HD-players... :cry:
    To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Samsung DirecTV HD decoder producing 1080i, 720p, or 480p. I only have very limited DirecTV HD material. HDNet, ESPN, and a couple of others. Image wise, on either of my projectors, it's quite impressive. I also have the Samsung DVD-HD1000 DVD player that up converts to 720p or 1080i set manually. It seems everything except the projector is set manually with dip switches. The projectors of course, are menu driven. I know the DVD player is doing what it says it will, as I have set the projector manually to either 720p or 1080i, and changed the DVD player back and forth. When not matched to the projector resolution, you get strange image scrolling, and no real picture. In short, I am quite happy with my video performance all the way around.

lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
        • Jan 2002

I'm running a Dish Network 6000u receiver and like Lex, my selection of HD channels is slim... however very good quality.

I'm toying with the idea of getting VOOM Satellite as they offer a little over 30 HD channels now and more coming. I think the receivers lack a little bit to be desired but are being improved continuously via software upgrades.

I just posted a thread on VOOM: HERE

Comment

• Paul H
          • Feb 2004

I've got a Z2, cable TV and a 6200 Motorola HD box.

The picture is perfect.

However, we have the same problem here as most everyone else - not enough shows.

Paul

Comment

• Claude D D
            • Jan 2003

Hey Paul,
            How do ypu have your Z2 connected to your 6200?Have you tried the the DVI connection?If so is it noticably better than component video?

Comment

• Paul H
              • Feb 2004

I'm using component cables.

I'm curious about the DVI connection too, but don't have the cabling for it yet. The required cable length is about 30', which is on the long side for DVI, and an expensive cable as well.

Paul

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"