X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikejb30
    • Mar 2005

HTPC Video help - Question???

I am having a lot of difficulty getting a usable video signal to my television from my newly built HTPC, and was hoping someone with some more expertise could give me some advice.

Here is my setup:

TV: Sony KV-32XBR400 (supports 480i, 480p. 1080i through 2 component video inputs)

HTPC:
    MCE 2005 (with all updates)
    XfX Nvidia 6600GT video card (dual DVI + S-video - latest Nvidia MCE driver)
    Hauppage WinTV-PVR-500 tuner/video capture card
    Silverstone LC-10 case
    Abit AV8
    1024 MB DDR
    200GB IDE HDD
    NEC DVD-RW

I am using a DVI-VGA adapter on one of the DVI ports on the video card. From that I have a VGA cable that goes to an Audio Authority VGA-Component Video hi def video transcoder. From the transcoder I have component video cables to one of the two component video inputs of my television.

When powered on, the display is mis-colored and garbled. It is garbled during the entire boot process, including Windows. I have attached an s-video cable to the s-video output of the video card, and attached it to another input on the TV. From this I can get a signal. I have loaded Powerstrip and have attempted to use some of the pre-defined timings for the various HDTV resolutions, with no success.

I can view the VGA signal through the DVI-VGA adapter on another monitor with no trouble.

I can view 1080i HDTV on this TV with my set top HD receiver without difficulty (using the same cables and component inputs). I also have a progressive scan DVD player using component cables that works perfectly as well.

Any advice for this HTPC novice?

Thanks,

Mike
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

not to hi-jack this thread or anything, but just want some advice also regarding this topic. I have a Denon DVD and Receiver setup (DVD2200 and AVR2805) and was thinking about upgrading to a Rotel 1068 preamp and 1075 amp. Would a quality sound card like the ones made by M-Audio in the <$500 range be better than the Rotel 1068 as far as audio and surround processing and lower noise-floor? By getting the sound card, I can save the money that I'd need to spend on the 1068 and use it toward the 1075 amp. I can then sell the DVD2200 and AVR2805 that I have and use the computer as my sole HTPC. What's your guys' take on this? Thanks in advance. PM me if it's not revelant to this thread...

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"