X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geirove
    • Apr 2004

AVR-3805 & Denon Link Q to Kevin or others

Hello,

I just bought a Denon AVR-3805 and a DVD-2900 in Norway. I really liked the Auto Calibration of the AVR-3805: It works very well as far as I can hear.

However, then comes the disappointment: When playing SACD or DVD-Audio, I have to use the Ext. In connection that *** bypasses *** the surround circuity of the 3805 and thus the Auto Calibration settings. I know have to do a separate ***manual*** cailbration of the speakers on the 2900! BIG LET-DOWN!! What's the use of the auto calibration then?

My quesion now is: If I buy a DVD-A1 or A11 that has Denon link, will SACD and DVD-Audio playback then use the auto calibration settings of the AVR-3805?

Upgrading to a A1 or A11 is a big investment, so this is really important to me !!

Thanks for any help.

Geir Ove
  • geirove
    • Apr 2004

Hello.

Seems like nobody around here knows this-......

Let me tell what I have found out so far:

Using Denon Link, the DVD-5900 (DVD A11) manual indicates that the signal then will be routed thorugh the surround processor, and thus the Auto Configuration (using the microphone (includedn in europe)) settings will be used. The 5900 manual even states that the Speaker settings are disabled when using the Denon Link.

The AVR-3805 supports Denon Link version 3 that supports both DVD-Audio and SACD. DVD-5900 (A11) currently supports Denon Link 2, which supports DVD Audio, but not SACD.

NO Denon DVD player yet supports Denon Link version 3, due to a licensing issue with the SACD consorttium (or Sony et al). They expect this to be resolved soon, and players like the DVD-5900 (A11) will then be upgradable for free to Denon Link 3 (for free: at least that's what the store here in Norway told me)

So, I am upgrading to a DVD-A11, I do NOT want to mess with speaker settings all over the place when the Auto Calibration works as good as it does. I also change listening position from time to time, and then do a reconfiguration automatically: Very convenient in my opinion. :P

Geir Ove

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Sorry just saw this now. Looks like you found your own answer though

Jason
      Jason

Comment

• geirove
        • Apr 2004

Are my findings correct?

Corrections and comments are welcome

Geir Ove

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"