Music Streaming - Denon HEOS Link Wireless Pre-Amplifier For Multi-Room Audio ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Music Streaming - Denon HEOS Link Wireless Pre-Amplifier For Multi-Room Audio ?

Is anyone using one of these, Denon HEOS Link Wireless Pre-Amplifier For Multi-Room Audio - Series 2, for streaming and if so, what are your thoughts? I'm still searching for a streaming device I can integrate into my system and doesn't cost more than $350.

Jim
  • Scareurpasenger
    • Jan 2017

I am not familiar with the Denon unit but in the middle of researching what I want as the source for music management. It is down to Roon or Audirvana and so far the Airplay streaming is working out. What are you using as your streaming source?

Comment

• Jim Holtz
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Scareurpasenger
      I am not familiar with the Denon unit but in the middle of researching what I want as the source for music management. It is down to Roon or Audirvana and so far the Airplay streaming is working out. What are you using as your streaming source?
      Thanks for replying. I have a music server with multiple Squeezebox Touch for my CD collection and have used it for years. That's my serious system. For online I've used Pandora through a Roku connected to one of my stereo systems for background music. This is the one I'd like to upgrade. I want to use Amazon Ultra HD which the Denon unit supports as does the Emotiva pre/DAC up to 192K to get better quality.

I've been cruising reviews but was hoping to get some user experience. Sonos is too expensive and doesn't support high rez and the Amazon Link sucks for sound quality. That's why I've been looking at the Denon unit.

Jim

Comment

• Steve Manning
        • Dec 2006

Hey Jim,

Check this guy out, he covers this stuff a lot. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQI...sa-7CD0NtqnrrA
        Hold on to your butts - It's about to get Musical!

Comment

• Jim Holtz
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Steve Manning
          Hey Jim,

Check this guy out, he covers this stuff a lot. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQI...sa-7CD0NtqnrrA
          Thanks Steve! I'll check him out.

Jim

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"