X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpOoNmAn
    • Sep 2003

New Elite DVD Player outputting 1080i?

I was surfing thru Pioneer site and came across the new player that can output current dvd's to 480p, 720p, and 1080i, and wondered if anyone here knew more about this.

Heres the link..

Pioneer Electronics car audio and home theater entertainment products including in-car GPS navigation, Android Auto Enabled Receivers, Apple Car Play enabled Receivers, Pioneer and Elite Receivers, headphones, iphone car stereo, car stereos, bluetooth car stero, car radio, speakers and Blu-ray/DVD Drives

It's called Pixel Conversion IC

A Pixel Conversion IC that automatically increases the pixel count from progressive 480 x 720 to an amazing high-definition progressive 1280 x 720, or 1920 x 1080i. More pixels = better picture. This feature works on all material, whether video or film, and regardless of source (DVD, TV, cable, etc).

Some websites(not authorized) already have it selling for $1,200.00, the MSRP is $1,600.00

Are there are other players out there are now doing this? I'm sure more will jump on board with this as time passes. Any news/opinions would be appreciated..have a good one!

-Aaron-

Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
    GameTracker -My List-
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Spoonman, several players are now out that "upconvert" DVD's to those resolutions, namely the Bravo D1, Samsung HD-931, Denon DVD-5900, Liteon, and Marantz 8400. I think there may be 1-2 others. All of them output high-rez only over DVI, with the exception of the Liteon and maybe the Samsung. Still not true high-def, though.

Do you know whether this new Pioneer would output high-resolution over component, or just DVI?

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
      • Sep 2003

I think just the DVI. Seeing as these players just double the pixels, and it's not true HD, then I'll pass on these players until their performance improves. But by then, we might have HD DVD, LOL.

I'm content with my 4 year old Elite DV-05

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
      GameTracker -My List-

Comment

• LEVESQUE
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by SpOoNmAn
        I think just the DVI. Seeing as these players just double the pixels, and it's not true HD, then I'll pass on these players until their performance improves.
        You should see what my 5900 over the DVI connection is doing on my Toshiba 65HDX82 (ISF) and my Sony 40XBR800. It's not HD, but it's a good step-up over the component connection.

Even if my sets are not digital, the difference is really there between component and DVI. It's the "nearest" to HD picture I have ever seen. Comparing it to my Sat STB true HD picture, I was really surprised!

And you can adjust the DVI picture all you want because all those tweaks disponible with the 5900 are done in the digital domain!

And just to think of all that I was missing by using my component connection before... There is no turning back for me. 8)
        To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• Claude D D
          • Jan 2003

Upconverting(or scaling) 480P to 720P or 1080i is just that.You can't take 480P and make it have more lines of resolution.It's like taking a $5 bill and ripping it in half and saying you now have $10 dollars,it just isn't so.But some display devices do respond well to the upconversion.So, if you can, try it out for yourself and you be the judge.

Comment

• Brandon B
            Super Senior Member
            • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Claude D D
            Upconverting(or scaling) 480P to 720P or 1080i is just that.You can't take 480P and make it have more lines of resolution.It's like taking a $5 bill and ripping it in half and saying you now have $10 dollars,it just isn't so.But some display devices do respond well to the upconversion.So, if you can, try it out for yourself and you be the judge.
            The improvement lies not in the upscaling of the image (your display is already scaling it to its native resolution anyway, so your component 480 signal was already being upscaled). The improvement lies in this upscaling being done in the digital domain by the player where it is done more accurately.

BB

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"