X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

What you think of my setup?

Finally took a pick of my setup. Didn't turn out the best but what you think? I seriously need to renovate my basement for a little more room. Right now I'm in a 10x10ft section of it. Oh well someday. Studio 20v3 for rears(not shown)

ht_addict
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I'd like to comment ht however, I can't see the picture???

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Burke Strickland
      • Sep 2001

Your URL for the pic doesn’t seem to be working. I tried copying and pasting it into the browser’s address window and it still didn’t work.

But one thing you probably already know is that, at 10 feet by 10 feet, if that area is walled in, you have a square-shaped room. That shape is more prone to standing waves and room nodes than a rectangular or odd-shaped room which adverely affects the sound. So when you redo the setup, if possible, you’ll want to wall off an area with the length and width at different dimensions. (I assume the ceiling height is not also 10 feet – a cube is the worst shape for an HT. Ideally, you’ll want the height a different dimension than the length or the width.)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Ah, now I can see it!

It is very nice! Though I must side with what Burke said about it's dimensions. Great looking setup none the less.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• ht_addict
          • Dec 2002

The setup though in a 10x10 area does have one side open to the rest of the basement. Shouldn't be a problem then?

ht_addict

Comment

• Eduardo
            Moderator emeritus
            • Jun 2002

ht_Addict,

Great looking setup. I like the center speaker stand. Is it TV wall mount?

http://home.nc.rr.com/ejimenez

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

The setup though in a 10x10 area does have one side open to the rest of the basement. Shouldn't be a problem then?
              Correct. That open wall will make quite a difference. I thought it was a sealed area.

And I love the looks of the speakers!!! 8)

Comment

• ht_addict
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Eduardo
                ht_Addict,

Great looking setup. I like the center speaker stand. Is it TV wall mount?
                If I remember right its a B-Tech 518 TV wall mount. Below is a link to the website. Works excellent. They do have center speaker mounts but they can't take the weight of some off todays centers. And my Pardigm CC470 weighs in at 34ibs.

ht_addict

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Nice looking setup, ht.

My Homepage!
                  My Homepage!

Comment

• Lex
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Apr 2001

Very nice. Is that a Plasma unit or an RPTV? The whole bottom side looks dark here, I can't tell. Where's the equipment at anyway?

Lex
                    Doug
                    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• ht_addict
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Lex
                      Very nice. Is that a Plasma unit or an RPTV? The whole bottom side looks dark here, I can't tell. Where's the equipment at anyway?

Lex
                      Thanks for the compliments. I redid the picture to get a better shot. My trusty Kodak DC4800 just isn't too good in low light settings. Before anyone says it, I know the wires look a mess. Until I get my basement renovated to a dedicated HT room its the way it has too be. The solid wood legs are to hold up the bottom shelf that my 1095 rests on. It just a tad heavier than the weight allowed. Then again I bought the rack when I had my 1066 amp. Thanks again.

ht_addict

Comment

• Lex
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Apr 2001

Wiring is a difficult problem to solve. Especially with racks that are more open than closed in. Mine did look like the back side of a Nasa control center before finally getting back there and straightening it out. It takes a lot of work the more gear you have. When you do it, try to group power cords together, video together, and audio together. Your soundstage and image will be improved for it. Separate power cords from everything else, and if you must cross them, cross at 90 degree angle as much as possible.

Lex
                        Doug
                        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Gadgets
                          • Dec 2003

Good lord, that's a whole loads of wires you've got there !

You need a decorator/wife to compete the job... :LOL: (& a bigger room).

Comment

• ht_addict
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Gadgets
                            Good lord, that's a whole loads of wires you've got there !

You need a decorator/wife to compete the job... :LOL: (& a bigger room).
                            Kinda happens when you bi-wire all your speakers. The setup is located in a 10x10 section of my basement for now. I have to look at renovating the basement so I can move it to a better location. I have changed out the rack and moved the center to the floor. Here's an updated look.

ht_addict

Comment

• John Holmes
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Aug 2000

I like,I like! 8)

How does the speaker sound after being relocated below the television?

Comment

• ht_addict
                                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by John Holmes
                                I like,I like! 8)

How does the speaker sound after being relocated below the television?
                                You will notice in the picture the white rubber door stops that are on the stands under the speaker. They angle the front of the speaker up to the listener. It makes for a more realistic feeling that the audio is coming out of the tv screen. Above the tv sounded good, but infront is better.

ht_addict

Comment

• Bam!
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Jan 2004

Hi ht_addict..name says it all....unlike mine...not one guy has understood it yet.. ANYWAYS...

Just beautiful stuff dude....I am just curious to how you setup your center channel since it is a lot closer to you than the mains...So yeah quite classy....

Salut la !!!

Bam!
                                  Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• ht_addict
                                    • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Bam!
                                    Hi ht_addict..name says it all....unlike mine...not one guy has understood it yet.. ANYWAYS...

Just beautiful stuff dude....I am just curious to how you setup your center channel since it is a lot closer to you than the mains...So yeah quite classy....

Salut la !!!
                                    I only just changed the center from above to infront a couple days ago. About all I've done as far as setting it up is change the speaker distance and re-calibrate everything to 75db with SPL. I'm using the new Yamaha RX-V1400 as a pre/pro so hopefully this weekend I'll use the YPOA feature to calibrate everything.

ht_addict

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"