With many of you, your HT is setup "Music" first. So, why aren't you posting to this section?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

With many of you, your HT is setup "Music" first. So, why aren't you posting to this section?

I've mentioned in a post or two that while my tatse leans toward jazz, that is not my only love. And I'm sure that it's not the love of many of our members.

This area is for music period! No matter what the genre. Please do not hesitate to post Any Type of music here. It will be welcomed!!!

We now return you to your favorite programming. :B

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Ok, well, if you insist. I have always been sort of hung up on the tunes that accompany jingles. I mean, who cannot hear a round of "I'd love to be an Oscar Myer Weiner" without joining in and singing. the sweet yet decadent mid-range, the smooth mellow highs, and of course, the deep rich bass drum, lol.

Maybe your tune is "Like a rock", or maybe it's the AOL jingle. Oh goodness no!

Ok, just kidding. I knew John would whip folks into shape. Way to go John!

Guys, don't make him go to each of your homes and see what your radio stations are set to. As I understand it, that's phase 2! :LOL:

Lex-
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Lex my man, I see you've recently watched "Demolition Man"! :B

I'm really surprised that, the traffic here isn't off the chart. There are just too many members that love music, for this area not to be booming. Even if it's a "hey check this out" type of post, about a cd, album, cassette, reel-to-reel, etc. that you have owned for twenty years. I'm sure that it would be "new" music, to a lot of others here.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• JonMarsh
        Mad Max Moderator
        • Aug 2000

Hey John,

I don't post hear too often because I don't want it to get saturated with my nutcase opinions.

BTW, did you every try a Jonatha Brook album? I've bought "Steady Pull", "Plumb", "The Angel in the House", "Grace in Gravity", and the DVD-A/V disk from her web site, and found "10cent Wings" at a store locally. Love 'em all. Most of them are mastered by Doug Sax at the Mastering Lab, so sound is pretty much first rate as well. :B

(BTW, Dirty secret #1: I've NEVER bought five albums in one month from a new "unknown" before.... for what that's worth)

(see what I mean?) :roll:

There's also a new Beth Neilson Chapman album out; she's had a hard time of things; this album was "ready" almost two years ago, when she was diagnosed with breast cancer; two or three years earlier, her husband died. The new album is something of a stylistic change for her, but still intersting, and track 8 is quite awesome sonically, as well as a nice tune. This album has more country influences (though not that cut); understandable, considering she lives in Nashville. 8)

Dirty secret number 2: I haven't bought an SACD since building my MP-DAC and getting a new transport- I've turned into a real CD sicko- I've even been looking at a few SACD disks, but ONLY if they're the dual layer hybrid disks with a CD layer as well as an SACD layer.... sad, how the mighty have fallen. :E

Happy now? You sure you want to encourage me to post more?

-Jon

Earth First!
        M8ta
        Modula Neo DCC
        Modula MT XE
        Modula Xtreme
        Isiris
        Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
        Minerva Monitor
        Calliope
        Ardent D

In Development...
        Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
        Obi-Wan
        Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
        Modula PWB
        Calliope CC Supreme
        Natalie P Ultra
        Natalie P Supreme
        Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
        Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Jon,

You are always welcome to give your spin on music!

Actually, Jonatha was on my list of things for this weekend, (really)!

As far as secrets go, I haven't bought that many albums or cd's in a month since I was in my very early 20's. As much as I love music, I have a lot of other things going too! Many more than when I was 20 :B And each just a deserving of the cash! :W

Ms Chapman sound interesting too. Country is one of those areas for me that, I'm a little fussy about. I like certain cuts from old Kenny Rodgers (with First Edition), Alabama and one or two from the Oak Ridge Boys. Honestly, I haven't given "New Country" much of a listen. Though, I have caught snippets of Garth Brooks that seemed nice.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

John,
            Like music, watching movies at home is why we belong to this site, but like IN TUNE, it is just as difficult to get members posting in DVD DIRECTOR. I haven't a clue why this is. Sometimes a little urging helps beef your particular area of interest, but then it settles down until you shout something like: "C'mon people, start posting here."

My Homepage!
            My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

You are so right my friend. I know that I am without a doubt, the worst typist on this board! So if I can post, it should be a cake walk for most others. 8)

Comment

• Pj
                • Dec 2001

I guess i have to take that "typo" thing from you John!

I am the worst by far but i can always blame that iĀ“m a "freaking forigner"

P "the typo" J

Cheers!!

PJ's DVDs @ DVD Profiler

PJs HT@Telia
                PJ's DVDs @ DVD Profiler

PJs HT@Telia

Comment

• John Holmes
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

I guess i have to take that "typo" thing from you John!
                  I am the worst by far but i can always blame that iĀ“m a "freaking forigner"
                  :rf

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

We all need to make that little extra effort to post in the area's we don't normally visit..

So what's everyone listening to right now?

I've currently got Bond playing on my headphones.

here's a url to a write up on them

And no I didn't just buy the CD because they are cute..its a very fun way to listen to contemory classical music.

Comment

• David Meek
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by George
                      it is just as difficult to get members posting in DVD DIRECTOR

Ouch! Hey, I'm trying.

David - HTGuide flunky
                      Our "Theater"
                      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2001

Ahhh, you're a good man, David. :P

Andrew, I am playing Diane Krall's Look Of Love while I fiddle here on the computer. I am also constantly glancing over at the cd cover and drooling over her gorgeous gams.

My Homepage!
                        My Homepage!

Comment

• Pj
                          • Dec 2001

I am posting here?!?! LOL

PJ 8)

PJ's DVDs @ DVD Profiler

PJs HT@Telia
                          PJ's DVDs @ DVD Profiler

PJs HT@Telia

Comment

• Lex
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Apr 2001

Ahh, Bond Girls are sweet! ;x(

Lex
                            Doug

Comment

• Markj
                              • Aug 2000

I don’t buy the music that much. This is my wife’s joy. I do like to listen to music a lot on my system. I just grab a CD and let it spin. I just I should start looking at the label.

Comment

• Pj
                                • Dec 2001

Sweet they are for sure......

Now i guess i need to get a listening!!??
                                ;-)))

PJ

PJ's DVDs @ DVD Profiler

PJs HT@Telia
                                PJ's DVDs @ DVD Profiler

PJs HT@Telia

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                  Mad Max Moderator
                                  • Aug 2000

Today I made a "compilation" album of about 16 of my favorite Jonatha Brooke cuts from 4 different albums, using the Yamaha burner in the in "jitter reduction" mode for ripping, and Audio Mastering mode to burn (modified the pit and track widths).

I've *almost* convinced myself that the audio sounds better than the original disk. :LOL: :roll:

There are some folks that say that a careful 1X or 2X CDR on first class media (TDK Audio media, or Yamaha) with the right drives will play back with less jitter on most standard CD players, and sound better. What if it's true? :?

Regardless, it's a hoot having my own "greatest hits" compilation from the CD's I bought. :B I don't know why I particularly connect with her music so much, but hey, it's cool, I don't discover that many new artists I really like. "How deep is your love?" is playing right now; she sings multiple parts, plays acoustic guitar, bass, and acoustic piano; Joe Sample plays electric piano. It's a real rocker for someone who used to be thought of as Alt. Folk.... and I have a signed copy.. woooo woooo!

-Jon

-Jon

Earth First!
                                  M8ta
                                  Modula Neo DCC
                                  Modula MT XE
                                  Modula Xtreme
                                  Isiris
                                  Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                  Minerva Monitor
                                  Calliope
                                  Ardent D

In Development...
                                  Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
                                  Obi-Wan
                                  Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
                                  Modula PWB
                                  Calliope CC Supreme
                                  Natalie P Ultra
                                  Natalie P Supreme
                                  Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
                                  Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Pat
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Aug 2000

I guess I am more rock and blues oriented ;b>'>

A little jazz here and there...I am learning to appreciate other types of music.

Still can't listen to rap or country :?

Doug, you'd be proud...I picked up Miles Davis - Kind of Blue not too long ago (used), it's growing on me

Pat's Page
                                    Pat's Page

Comment

• Lex
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Apr 2001

Pat, proud of you! Small steps, small steps. My foorah into jazz was someone, an old net friend, that I don't talk to much now, sent me a copy of Joshua Redman, MoodSwing. That's a nice CD, but I think I like his "Live at the Vanguard even better. But from there, I began to venture into another jazz artist or two, Diana Krall, Christian McBride "Gettin To It", a few others.

But my advice is start with the tempo of music that really satisfies what your used to. Then ease into new styles, as you adapt to it, if that's possible.

Expanding your horizons is a good thing. Learning to appreciate new styles, even if you don't necessarily enjoy them at first. But rest assured, as time goes on, your tastes in music will likely evolve. I know mine have. I've done rock, I have done contemporary christian music, pop, and sure, I still like some of everything, but nothing seems to satisfy my music cravings now, as does jazz and a little blues.

Lex
                                      Doug

Comment

Working...
                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                      Search Result for "|||"