Elite Receiver owners, has this ever happen to you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Elite Receiver owners, has this ever happen to you?

My volume knob gets stuck every now and then when using the remote. When it does it, I'll move it manually and it seems to be fine for awhile. Is this the begining of a bigger problem to come?

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Hi, John-
    I had a similar problem with a Yamaha, but it was with the input selector dial.My son. who's a tech said it was probably dirty and needed cleaning.I still haven't got around to cleaning it. I only use it for music now. But I did notice a difference when I changed the remote batteries.It didn't seem to stick as much. Don't know if this is any help or not.
    Regards,
    George

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Thanks for the info George! The knob is motorized I believe not electric so, I'm not sure if a dirty contact is applicable. But you maybe right. Also, I have only had it for just about a year. I would hope that dirt has not become an issue this soon. I will try the battery change.

Again thanks.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Sounds like either motor going bad, or it's fighting resistance of some kind. Could be a slightly bent shaft, dirt and grime, or yes, operator error, lol. (jk). You might try removing the set screw if it has one, and sliding knob off. Clean area and replace. Perhaps some electronics lubricant as long as it's not a danger to get inside the component. That's my best advice.

Lex
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Thanks Lex. Of course, since posting this thread it has not shown it's ugly head. When it does, I'll try some of the above.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"