X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ron Reda
    • Jan 2003

"Knob" Light?

I just got my 1066 pre/pro last night and noticed that the blue surround around the central knob wasn't lit up. I could've sworn that, in some of the pictures I've seen, there was a light around the center knob. Am I just hallucinating???
  • SayersWeb
    • Dec 2002

You mean like this picture of my 1066? :P

Sayer - Musical Creations and Home Page

Comment

• Ron Reda
      • Jan 2003

Yup...that's what I'm talking about. Great. So this means that I have to get a new unit I suppose. :cry:

Comment

• sndtowne
        • Jan 2003

Ron,

There is nothing wrong with your unit. The ring around the voume control does not light up. It only seems so when light is shined on it.

What Sayer was doing in his photo was showing you that it really "seems" that the ring lights up - but it does not. The ring in Sayer's photo is NOT lit, the flash on his camera just made it seem so.

Bruce
        Bruce

Comment

• wng
          • Dec 2002

This has become an urban myth. The forces of good must dispel this evil misconception.

Comment

• Ron Reda
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by sndtowne
            There is nothing wrong with your unit. The ring around the voume control does not light up. It only seems so when light is shined on it. What Sayer was doing in his photo was showing you that it really "seems" that the ring lights up - but it does not. The ring in Sayer's photo is NOT lit, the flash on his camera just made it seem so.
            Ya know, that definitely crossed my mind, but I thought it was really weird that it looked like that in every picture I saw. Man, do I feel like a D. A.!!! ops:

Comment

• sndtowne
              • Jan 2003

Ron,

No need to feel "like a D.A." When this subject first came up, I had to go double check the volume rings myself. :LOL:

Bruce
              Bruce

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                • Dec 2002

Hee sayersweb,

get your update! Remove the REC announcement on the right side of the screen

------------------------------------------------------
                Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!
                ------------------------------------------------------
                Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

• SayersWeb
                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Blue-Eyes
                  Hee sayersweb,

get your update! Remove the REC announcement on the right side of the screen
                  LOL! I have the latest update... Need to test out that cable a friend made for me.

Maybe I will do it tonight. I also got a set of the Aura Bass Shakers today that I need to install. Oh, got some new component cables for the front projector too. I guess my work is cut out for me tonight!

Comment

• Rock Dog
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2003

That's Sayer's M.O. He got me when I asked just a few weeks ago. It's almost his calling card now.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• SayersWeb
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Rock Dog
                      That's Sayer's M.O. He got me when I asked just a few weeks ago. It's almost his calling card now.
                      LOL! I've only done it twice!!!! :twisted:

We should create a post that stays at the top of the forum explaining the volume knob light situation.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"