X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GregoriusM
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2000

New Denon Receivers in Aug/Sept

Apparently the new Denon receivers will be coming out just around the time they will be releasing the DTS-ES and DPL2 update for the 5800.

The new receivers will have DPL2.

There is talk of a 3301 or 3302 with DPL2, etc. And over on HTF, some said that the dealer price on the 3801 has dropped a fair bit.

So, I'm wondering whether we're going to see a 3302 (5 ch) and a 3802 (7 ch) in their lineup.

If a 3302 comes out that has the Warm Sound of the 3300 I have now, I'm on it!!! Or if they base the 3802 on the 3300, with the "no heat" problems, and the Warm Sound, I would go for that.

Obviously, a 4802 and maybe all the way down to the 2802 and the 1602 with DPL2, but I don't know how far down the line Denon will add DPL2.

And apparently, no new flagship at that time, just the upgrade to the 5800.

Anyway, if anyone gets any updates/clarification/specs/verifications on these products, let us know, eh?!!!

... Greg
    Gregor
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I'm pretty happy with the 3801 for my home cinema but new stuff always intrigues me so I'll be watching with interest.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Interesting news Gregg. I'm most likely going to go the Outlaw route myself but you never know

Comment

• GregoriusM
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2000

Andrew: I would only upgrade because I think I could get a reasonable upgrade price at Advance. Then I'd have all the bells and whistles and the warm sound I like. (Crossing fingers.)

After that, my next upgrade will be along the same lines as you - separate amp(s), with the Denon a a pre. Maybe start with a 3 CH for the fronts.

Then I'll investigate the separates. By then, the Outlaws will have a track record (and I'll have some money! lol)

Somewhere in there I've got to get a CD megachanger, though! Probably strike a deal to get the changer along with the Denon upgrade.

We shall see.

Anyway, I sure do like my new Panny TV.

Where is the best place to get AVIA i.e. best price?

And, since there are no more analog SPL's at RS, does everyone agree/disagree as to whether the Digital is a decent buy?

... Greg
        Gregor

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Greg the cheapest place for Avia is still from the US I'm afraid its just to pricey at AB sound. The best option is to either trade for it or have someone in the US ship it to you so you avoid duty and taxs etc. As for the SPL meter the analog is easier to use but both will work just as well. Like most things at RS if its not on sale today wait till tomorrow

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"