• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GregoriusM
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2000

Denon 3802 & 4802

Rumours of these receivers with DPL2.

Also rumours that the 5800 will not be upgraded in September, but will wait until next year for a complete board upgrade.

Anyone else heard these rumours or have any press releases or more concrete information?
    Gregor
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I've heard those rumours too...I'm not sure the 5800 will get a new board replacement though...by then they'll have released another model. Unless of course they do both? One interesitng thing I did hear was that the new Denon's should include a flexible bass management system for the first time!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Well the people I've talked to all tell me that the regional sales reps for Marantz are being VERY tight lipped about possible new features so we may be hard pressed to find anything out

Comment

• Matt Broeska
        • Nov 2000

thanks andrew... but shouldn't this reply be under my post?
        Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
        That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

• GregoriusM
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2000

Reports are that the 2802 and the 3802 will be 7-channel receivers. The 3802 will have DPL2. I'm not sure about the 2802. No word on a 3302.

I wish they'd come out with a 3302, because all I need is 5.1 and the better heat dispersing design of the 3801, and would like the DPL2 for my VHS tapes, and the many 2 channel Video and Music DVD's that are coming out. But, I don't need 7 amps for the one power supply.
          Gregor

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"