X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Receivers with adjustable Crossovers?

So what receivers have adjustable crossovers?

From memory:

The Sony ES models, from 40 to 200 in 10Hz increments.

The Sony DB series with the 840 and 940 going from 60, 90, 120, 150, 180. The newer Sony DB870 and DB1070 go from 60 to 180 in 10Hz increments.

I know the newer Denon's the 2802 and 3802 go from 80, 100, 120; the 4802 go from 40, 60, 80, 100, 120.

The Outlaw 1050, go from 60, 80, 100, 120, 150, 200.

Are there any others?

Marantz, fixed @ 100Hz
    Yamaha, fixed @ 90Hz
    HK?
    Pioneer?
    Pioneer Elite?
    Onkyo?
    Integra?

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
  • Chip
    • Aug 2001

Paul,

Currently, i use a Denon 5803 with crossover adjusments of 40,60,80,100&120 . My last receiver, a B&K 307, had crossover adjustments of 40 to 120 in increments of 5.

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
    Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Paul,

Will a BFD let you sidestep this?

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

No a BFD is simply an equalizer for the LFE channel...you could use the Outlaw ICBM though to get around it. That said the vast majority of HT speaker systems shouldn't be crossed over much lower then 80 anyway...for music I can it but for HT stick to something close to 80.

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

ops: D'oh! I knew that. I got my acronyms confused. Jeez.

Comment

• Lancelot
            • Aug 2002

If the cross over is fixed at the receiver's end, will adjusting the cross over at the subwoofer's end alter the cross over to the sub itself?
            Thanks.

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Hi Lance, welcome to HTGuide!

When you have a fixed cross-over on a reciver you can still adjust the cross-over on a sub. What that does is set the range of music the sub will play. If your receiver has a fixed 90Hz cross-over, setting your sub's to 100Hz will give you a 10Hz overlap. Setting your sub's to 90 could cause you to have a dip in output at the 90Hz point due to the slope (electronic slope, not the angle it's sitting at ) of the cross-over. Setting your sub to 80Hz will cause a 10Hz "gap" in your music (nothing will be output by the receiver under 90 and nothing by the sub over 80).

Some owners have a fairly large overlap as this may make the sound of their system more enjoyable. This is VERY arbitrary and based on the receiver, speaker and sub combination. Hope this helps.

David - HTGuide flunky
              Our "Theater"
              Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• PMazz
                • May 2001

My last receiver, a B&K 307, had crossover adjustments of 40 to 120 in increments of 5.
                My B&K 307 xover is adjustable from 20 to 200 Hz in 5 Hz increments. Version 2.05. Maybe they made some changes after yours?

Pete
                Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• Chip
                  • Aug 2001

Hmmm, i dunno Pete? Maybe... or maybe i'm not remembering correctly. I absolutely remember having version 2.05

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
                  Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• Kevin C Brown
                    • Jun 2002

Anyone know: of the receivers that do have adjustable crossovers, do any of them let you set it differently for different "sets" of speakers? (L+R mains, front center, rear surrounds, rear center(s).)

Comment

• David Meek
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

Kevin, the only help I can offer is that the Outlaw does not let you set differing cross-over points for individual speakers. It's all or nothing.

David - HTGuide flunky
                      Our "Theater"
                      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• PMazz
                        • May 2001

I believe the Sony's have independent xover points for speakers.

Pete
                        Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• P-Dub
                          Office Moderator
                          • Aug 2000

I know the Sony's allow the settings to be set through the front's, center and rears.

Paul

Paul

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"