X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mickyboy
    • Jan 2003

985 vs 3802 amplification

as per earlier post asked rotel dealer today differances between rotel 985mk1or2 and newer 1075 as regards sound quality,
    his reply 1075 was (1075 is a more refined sound than 985)

also asked wether the 985 was any better (overall than the denon 3802 internal amps) dealer was very helpfull but did not want to say one way or the other ,stating 3802 amps were quite good anyway, fair enough comment.

so has any forum member tried 985mk1ormk2 vs denon models and what they found ,
    i ask this as i will not be able to demo 985 prior to to "finalising purchase " thank you all
  • Mats
    Special Member
    • Jun 2000

I used 985mk2 with 3802 (B&W NT System) and it was much better than the internal amps.
    Then I bought RSP1066 and it was another step.

But the 985 is a good thing to start.

Left forum because sold Rotel gear
    Mats
    Mats Strömberg
    Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
    Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by powermaxi2000
      I used 985mk2 with 3802 (B&W NT System) and it was much better than the internal amps.
      Then I bought RSP1066 and it was another step.

But the 985 is a good thing to start.
      I did the same. And buying an extra amp (1070) was it again another step

------------------------------------------------------
      Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!
      ------------------------------------------------------
      Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

• princeoliver
        • Jan 2003

I use a Denon AVR1700 (one of the lowest model in their line up) as pre/pro for my 985mkII and to drive my rear speakers (Mirage OM10 and then the M7si). It did not have enough power for the Mirages and was not very good as a pre/pro. It probably would be OK driving more efficient (British) speakers. Now I use a RSX972 to drive my rears and the 985 (bi amp) for the front. The centre is bi amp between the 972 and 985. I would say that even with the 972, I want more power my M7si the rear! The 985 sounds just fine (bi-amp) with my Mirage OM6 fronts. If I could I would go with separates and bi-amp all the way!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"